To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Blank GW 31 planning

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

How many are you going to have?

Poll ended at 17 Mar 2018, 09:10

Free Hit
21%
13%
20%
17%
17%
7%
4%
5 or less
2%

Total votes: 114

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: Blank GW 31 planning

Post by SirMattBugsby »

The last ten minutes were fun

D. Sanchez-> Adam Smith (-4)
Kane-> Mounie (-4)

2 hits in total

I'm hoping both of them repay the hits. Good luck everyone. This thread was worth the effort, although next time I'd like better players and more points on offer

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Good luck all.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Daniels has been excellent for me since I brought him in 5 weeks ago. What a buy.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

25.3% of the top 10k played their FH this week (as per FPLD), and roughly the same amount took a hit.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Stemania wrote:25.3% of the top 10k played their FH this week (as per FPLD), and roughly the same amount took a hit.
And if I remember correctly, 40% had played it before? So 65% done with it before GW 32.

If I come out of this without a mauling, I'll be pretty happy. It helps that my ML leader has Daniels and Bauer while the one chasing me used his FH as well!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 15:01
Stemania wrote:25.3% of the top 10k played their FH this week (as per FPLD), and roughly the same amount took a hit.
And if I remember correctly, 40% had played it before? So 65% done with it before GW 32.
Yep, bang on.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Yard of Grass wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 07:16 Any one considering using the triple captain on Salah this week to compensate for not putting out a full team or is that just chasing points? Have x8, although that includes Ibe and Fraser. Still have WC FH and BB so not sure where I woould squeeze it in otherwise and is a reasonable fixture for Salah.
Please tell me you TC'd in the end!

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

flyingkillercob wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 20:37
Yard of Grass wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 07:16 Any one considering using the triple captain on Salah this week to compensate for not putting out a full team or is that just chasing points? Have x8, although that includes Ibe and Fraser. Still have WC FH and BB so not sure where I woould squeeze it in otherwise and is a reasonable fixture for Salah.

I believe Zimmerman may have talked him out of it :D :wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

:oops: Only an idiot would listen to me :oops:

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Sound but unfortunate advice Zimmerman! This is why I stay out of The Who to bench thread. Even sound advice goes wrong too often

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

After listening to the pearls of wisdom flying around it did actually seem sensible to sit on my hands. And whilst hindsight blah blah blah....I still got 93pts from 7 players and FHs were squandered below me in my SL. So with all chips intact I will be picking up my half full glass holding a slender lead thinking it could have been worse.

On a serious note what makes this forum work is throwing something like that out there to aid your decision making. Didn't come off this time but on balance was the sensible call so thanks to all you unadventurous souls out there! :D

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

RomynPG wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 20:41

I believe Zimmerman may have talked him out of it :D :wink:
Taxi for Zimmmmmmmmm

Taxi is filmed in front of a live stadium audience

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yard of Grass wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 22:11
After listening to the pearls of wisdom flying around it did actually seem sensible to sit on my hands. And whilst hindsight blah blah blah....I still got 93pts from 7 players and FHs were squandered below me in my SL. So with all chips intact I will be picking up my half full glass holding a slender lead thinking it could have been worse.

On a serious note what makes this forum work is throwing something like that out there to aid your decision making. Didn't come off this time but on balance was the sensible call so thanks to all you unadventurous souls out there! :D
Seriously, if I had read this I would have proclaimed you a genius and be freaking shed loafs of points better off :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Stemania wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 14:52 25.3% of the top 10k played their FH this week (as per FPLD), and roughly the same amount took a hit.
They were probably the smart ones tbh, GW35 is not going to be hard for anyone to have a good team without one, window of opportunity to make that chip really work for you seems gone.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

OldSkoolFPL wrote:
Stemania wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 14:52 25.3% of the top 10k played their FH this week (as per FPLD), and roughly the same amount took a hit.
They were probably the smart ones tbh, GW35 is not going to be hard for anyone to have a good team without one, window of opportunity to make that chip really work for you seems gone.
Really? A couple of weeks back I looked at my probable 35 squad vs my 34 and 37 squad and they were almost completely different, so I’m still hopeful that 35 is a better play.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

jacksosi wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 10:00
OldSkoolFPL wrote:
Really? A couple of weeks back I looked at my probable 35 squad vs my 34 and 37 squad and they were almost completely different, so I’m still hopeful that 35 is a better play.
I agree. I'm still weighing up whether to FH in 35 or 37, having used by TC already, but there are three top six teams with doubles in 34 and 37 (probably) and no fixture in 35. How do you thread that needle without missing out on those teams? I'll probably FH in 35

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

I'm not sure yet on the FH, either 34 or 35 as I'm WC in 36 for BB 37.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

wibble_mcwoo wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 10:40
jacksosi wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 10:00
OldSkoolFPL wrote:
I agree. I'm still weighing up whether to FH in 35 or 37, having used by TC already, but there are three top six teams with doubles in 34 and 37 (probably) and no fixture in 35. How do you thread that needle without missing out on those teams? I'll probably FH in 35
By approaching the game in two blocks.

Now to 35 where you build a squad to deal with the double in 34 and blank in 35 then WC straight after for the final block of fixtures (36, 37 and 38)

I've tried wildcarding now and find it impossible to cover 34, 35 and 37 properly but in two blocks I don't miss anything out.

GW34 - 8 doubles and 3 Liverpool
GW35 - Full 11 plus subs

GW36 - Wildcard solely focussing on...
GW37 - Bench boost.

It's a shame you can't post pictures as I could have shown week by week screenshots as an example to show how I can do it by dead ending my team in 35.

I can't be the only one to have figured this out, coping with all 3 weeks is not a problem and don't think many will struggle in 35, obviously if you have the chip it's convenient but that's all it offers now IMO, don't think my team in 35 will be much different to the FHC template that week and in 34 I'll have enough for a good week, I'm looking at

GW35

Pickford

Robertson
Walker
Otamendi
Mee

Salah
Sterling
Mkhitaryan

Firmino
Aubameyang
Deeney

Subs

Doucoure
Shaqiri

Mkhi is the only player I have to transfer in.

The week before I'll have

GW34

Fabianski

Otamendi
Walker
Alonso
Mee
(Robertson)

(Salah)
Sterling
Son

(Firmino)
Aubameyang

Son and Fabianski are GW33 and 34 transfers.

Off course, the PL can throw a massive curve ball with where they place the fixtures but if the quarter blanks go in 34 and semi blanks in 37, navigating through it should be nice and smooth.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

It’s similar to the plan I have mapped out.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

It works, we just need to fixtures to go where they are supposed to.

Point I was trying to make (which may have got lost as I went off about planning) is that 35 shouldn't give anyone any real problems now which waters down the impact of the FHC in 35 IMO, those who used it this week may have got the best blank week out of it although I don't think many did that amazingly well with it compared to those who never had it, most did well because of Salah.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Trouble with that, OldSkool, is that it assumes you already played TC and want to BB in GW37. Neither of those apply to me. :lol:

The '2 blocks' concept is a good way to explain that option but personally I am happy having the FH for GW35 if needed. If not, my idea for a long time has been to use it in GW38 if I can keep it that long. I think it could potentially do some serious damage that week.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Trouble with that, OldSkool, is that it assumes you already played TC and want to BB in GW37. Neither of those apply to me. Image

The '2 blocks' concept is a good way to explain that option but personally I am happy having the FH for GW35 if needed. If not, my idea for a long time has been to use it in GW38 if I can keep it that long. I think it could potentially do some serious damage that week.
I like the idea of FHing late, GW 38 or even 37. Can't say the same about late WC (unless you don't need to now). Using WC for a DGW seems trivial. Isn't that what the FH is for?

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Yes Ruth, the TC went on Kane unfortunately so the BB37 is my best option now I think.

I also like your GW38 FHC option, if I still had mine I think I'd lean that way too, the power to really have one last push on the final day and break away from the template could have amazing results.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 20:03
Ruth_NZ wrote:Trouble with that, OldSkool, is that it assumes you already played TC and want to BB in GW37. Neither of those apply to me. Image

I like the idea of FHing late, GW 38 or even 37. Can't say the same about late WC (unless you don't need to now). Using WC for a DGW seems trivial. Isn't that what the FH is for?

Depends how your season is going I guess, if you're happy with how you're ticking along and don't need the WC to save you or clean up any mess, you can purely target the double in 37 with it to maximise the BB, if you use the FHC you can't BB.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”