To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Which 3 from Liverpool

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which three Liverpool assets

Salah, Firmino, VVD/Robertson
60%
Salah, Firmino, Mane
24%
Salah, Mane, VVD/Robertson
10%
Other (please state below)
5%

Total votes: 58

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Which 3 from Liverpool

Post by Archy »

Hi Guys

Lots of people seem to be going down the route of Firmino, Salah, VVD

I'm preferring the look of Firmino, Salah, Mane and am even preparing myself to shift out a GW31 player (Walcott) to get Mane instead of VVD. The reasoning is as follows:

- I already have 8 SGW players so can afford to chop and change a little (ie dropping Walcot, who I'm not 100% convinced by)
- Selling Aguero for Firmino provides the extra cash to splash so why not use it
- Liverpool have 3 plum home fixtures in the next 4 games (whilst Everton have 3 away games) so to me it makes sense to get the best Liverpool assets i can afford (and to get them now to take advantage of the good home games).
- Mane could be explosive

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Archy on 23 Feb 2018, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Liverpool Assets (All out Attack)

Post by Zimmerman »

All good rationale.

It could be argued that Everton being away (playing on the break) might suit Walcott - but I say that as a desperate owner who has brought him in in readiness for 31.

If Mane catches fire then he could fill his boots against the likes of West Ham and Newcastle.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Re: Liverpool Assets (All out Attack)

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'll be going for the 3 attackers in all likelihood. Aguero to Firmino to this week and then Lingard to Mane next. Obviously that gives me 3 away at United but I don't think I'll have the funds if I hold off and Lingard's been stinking out my side ever since I brought him in.

I'd prefer the certainty of Karius from the DEFs myslef but I've already got Hennessey so it's not a valid option.

Saying that, this will be as well as Walcott for me, who I already have.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Re: Which 3 from Liverpool

Post by Hotstepper »

I've got Karius and Salah, and will add either Mane or Firmino.

Karius solved the Elliot problem for me, and provides a good rotation with Adrian until WC in GW36.

There was a big temptation to go with the Salah, Mane, Firmino trio, but I don't fancy having all three at Old Trafford. I also think the defensive options for GW31 aren't great and Karius seemed the best combination of price and gametime assurance.

Likely to go with Firmino over Mane, again with a view to the lack of options in GW31, this time with strikers. Although I do have a niggly that Mane will have a great spell

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Karius is my third, I think, but only because I have a goalkeeper crisis to tackle. Otherwise I’d be tempted by Mane for differential potential

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Prefer not to triple up on attack in case they're involved in a low scoring or non-scoring game. At least having a defender covers the clean sheet potential. Gone with VVD for the added goal threat over Robertson.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

VVD, Mee and Sigurdsson vs Janmaat, Lowton and Mané? Went for the latter.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

um09a2k wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 11:40 Prefer not to triple up on attack in case they're involved in a low scoring or non-scoring game. At least having a defender covers the clean sheet potential. Gone with VVD for the added goal threat over Robertson.
Then why would you want to double up or single up in attack, because there is the same chances of them being involved in a low scoring or non-scoring game also is there not?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Other:
I would appreciate comments about Gomez, who once again didn’t start today even though he’s fit again.
I currently have Gomez, Salah and Firminho and wonder whether Gomez to ANOther is a transfer well spent or a needless sideways move.
(I have x7 GW31 so far and not fussed about too many more so that’s a consideration but not the only factor)

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 16:35 Other:
I would appreciate comments about Gomez, who once again didn’t start today even though he’s fit again.
I currently have Gomez, Salah and Firminho and wonder whether Gomez to ANOther is a transfer well spent or a needless sideways move.
(I have x7 GW31 so far and not fussed about too many more so that’s a consideration but not the only factor)
It's looking like his rotation risk has increased from what it was a month or so back, yeah. Clyne is also nearly fit too.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Football Hero wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 15:53
um09a2k wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 11:40 Prefer not to triple up on attack in case they're involved in a low scoring or non-scoring game. At least having a defender covers the clean sheet potential. Gone with VVD for the added goal threat over Robertson.
Then why would you want to double up or single up in attack, because there is the same chances of them being involved in a low scoring or non-scoring game also is there not?
That doesn't sound right to me. A low scoring or non scoring game means maybe one of them will be involved in the goal. You need Liverpool to score lots of goals (like today) to increase the probability of all of them being involved.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

um09a2k wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 17:00
Football Hero wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 15:53
That doesn't sound right to me. A low scoring or non scoring game means maybe one of them will be involved in the goal. You need Liverpool to score lots of goals (like today) to increase the probability of all of them being involved.
Yeah, so if it's low scoring, then it may be one of the players' you don't own that scores, meaning that you should just steer clear of it all and not choose any of them right? :wink:

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Mane Salah Firmino 100%

Go all in. If firmino and Salah do well mane will too . They are in some form

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Yes it paid off nicely today Carver. 😃 In fact arguably unlucky Mane didn’t score more.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Indeed, three Liverpool attackers is a way to go.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

wibble_mcwoo wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 09:36 Karius is my third, I think, but only because I have a goalkeeper crisis to tackle. Otherwise I’d be tempted by Mane for differential potential
Had a last minute epiphany and went for the three-attacker combo. Defence just seems like a waste of money these days.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

wibble_mcwoo wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 21:39
wibble_mcwoo wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 09:36 Karius is my third, I think, but only because I have a goalkeeper crisis to tackle. Otherwise I’d be tempted by Mane for differential potential
Had a last minute epiphany and went for the three-attacker combo. Defence just seems like a waste of money these days.
You are right, three Liverpool attackers offer an outstanding value while you want cheap defenders from other teams.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 16:35 Other:
I shifted Gomez to VVD before the WHU game. I got frustrated at the rotation, injuries and missing clean sheets. I also plan to keep VVD until GW36 at least and figured the hit it cost would be recouped.

I think you have enough itb to do the move for free. Looking at your squad there doesn’t appear to be a more pressing move unless Sterling is ruled out of GW29.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

I've gone Salah, Firmino and Robertson, had the money for VVD but just don't see their defence as reliable enough to spend 5.6 on, he's playing too well now to be rotated.

Cheap enough to bench, easy enough to cover if rotated, it's only 31 that he's essential for and I'd run the risk for that.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

^ Thanks all
Dino, unfortunately I couldn’t make that switch in one move, I have embedded value in Gomez.
So, if I am to make a move in 2, Mane again becomes an attractive option (& then I run out of transfers for a GW31 keeper & Otamendi downgrade to pay for it all!)

All of which returns me to being boxed in. More thought needed

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

I'm going Karius, Salah and Firminho.

Not sure why everyone's paying 0.8 more to get VVD. He has no attacking returns this year and scored once last year and that was it. Karius gets the same clean sheets, potential penalty saves and when they keep a cleanie he's usually on for a bonus or two.
Last edited by The Royal BlueNose on 05 Mar 2018, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

He scored 4/30 (all comps) last season.

He does have (or had) goals in him.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Zimmerman wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 11:40 He scored 4/30 (all comps) last season.

He does have (or had) goals in him.

He also scored on his Liverpool debut, and has looked a big threat from set pieces every time I've seen him play.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Still think Mane is the way to go over a defender. He is due a double digiter

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 09:49 ^ Thanks all
Dino, unfortunately I couldn’t make that switch in one move, I have embedded value in Gomez.
So, if I am to make a move in 2, Mane again becomes an attractive option (& then I run out of transfers for a GW31 keeper & Otamendi downgrade to pay for it all!)

All of which returns me to being boxed in. More thought needed
Update: I decided to keep Otamendi, ditch Gomez for a Huddersfield GW31er, and bring in Mane
So far so good (although, before anyone copies me, with the Liverpool clean sheet a sideways move to a playing defender would also have worked :mrgreen: )

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Already have Salah and VVD. Looking at Mane over Firmino for GW31 to make up ground on mini league.

Only issue is a GW31 striker that isn't Firmino - already have Wilson so is for e.g Benteke and Mane a better option than Firmino and any other GW31 mid?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”