To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

HIT or MISS DGW22

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

HIT or MISS DGW22

Post by blahblah »

Son for Silva +2 (done early to avoid Price Changes)
Arnie for Pog -9 BSTRD!!!!
Kun for Lulu - 6
Hit -4
-5 Total.

Original Plan was Eden and Lulu to Alli and Kane, until Jesus got crocked and Kane Manflu...

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Re: HIT or MISS DGW22

Post by Calvin1979 »

Couldn’t decide between TC Kane and the free hit chip. Went for a run and missed the deadline so did neither :| :lol:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Won’t be able to call it till Thursday.

I didn’t make too much dispensation for it... but that in itself could be a issue if everyone cruises past me as I sit on my hands.

At the moment I’m feeling relatively content despite some small reds. Need a big night from Hazard to offset some of the negative feelings and give me a buffer ahead of Thursday though.

I almost stuck the armband on Hazard for this week, so I’m confident he might fill his boots (but ultimately it was just a hunch/punt that I didn’t see through).

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Pogba and KDB out for -8 for Arnie and Eriksen is hard to take.

Pogba plays DM and barely leaves his half v Burnley and Saints at home then plays behind the striker away to Everton. KDB goes off on a stretcher then bags a haul 48 hours later. Every transfer I make is backfiring currently.

Oh yeh, that’s before mentioning I triple captained Kane :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Looking forward to the end of this GW but I will do a points comparison when the dust has settled. My first impressions however - Christensen to Vertongen is OK atm. Dropping Pogba and keeping Coutinho. If I had dumped Coutinho then I would have missed Albrighton at B1 13 points. -4 hit to take out Coutinho if he leaves is not so good. Dumping Kane for Aguero long term may pan out. WHU -I only have Oddbonna and Adrian but I do not like WHU for more than 2 or 3 GW's. Brighton- Grobs and the Huddersfield rotate well so all in all I am happy ATM. GW23 will be tough though.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Ultimately the TC will make or break it for me. Already feels like a waste but it is what it is. One less decision to think about and can just focus on the other two chips. I would bite your hand off for a Kane brace right now. West Ham assets I don't mind too much. Decent enough fixtures and good value. Son will become pogba/lingard/silva.

ROCKFISHDG
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL Results (06/07~9,044) (07/08~68,533) (08/09~14,557) (09/10~8,120) (10/11~9,875) (11/12~17,404) (12/13~41,149) (13/14~342,190)(14/15~223,908) (15/16~435,446) (16/17~105,445) (17/18~2266~34,029) (18/19~367,582) (19/20~64,137)

Post by ROCKFISHDG »

Used my "Free Hit" and it's worked out well for me (so far). Aside from the doublers, my decision to go big on Leicester was a differential - Mahrez (!) Schmeichel, and Vardy (oops) got me off to a flyer. Not involving Liverpool at all also was proven correct. Sterling as the only holdover from my normal squad was also a good move. I was 10 minutes from an Otamendi clean sheet, but it wasn't in the cards. As for my doublers: Cresswell, and Arnie hit for assists and Ogbonna was just a place marker (at least he will probably play vs Spurs tomorrow - Cresswell is a doubt). Also, it looks like I chose (at this point anyways) the right two Spurs MFs , as Son blanked. Strangely, "only" captaining Kane may have actually helped my rank (if not my score) as so many were relying on him much more by tripling him or not having all the others. I was bemused by the fantastic assist that he didn't get credit for because of the first shot being saved. We'll see what Thursday brings. My GW 21 squad is resting (and in some cases mending) on the sidelines and hopefully getting ready for GW 23!

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

MISS

But I think I've been unlucky

Wildcard GW20 with GW22 in mind and the plan was to TC Kane

Lloris score beating Adrian (so far)
Masuaka score is not beating many SGW players

GW21 planned to roll transfer but Elliot got injured, then wasted a transfer on Elliot -> Foster (who conceded deflected goal)

GW22 transfer Coutinho -> Son , right man out , wrong man in

The Kane illness was so unfortunate. I think non-owners really got lucky here. In the end what could we do no-one knew if he would start or not. In the end went (C) and left the (TC)

In other news
Salah was injured , couldn't take out because had no money to buy back
RLC no show
Depoitre has started 1/3 rather than 2/3
Calvert-Lewin rested this week

Doesn't matter though because Hazard & Alonso are gonna fire me back into the GW, Arsenal haven't rested enough players recently and will get taken apart.....

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Zimmerman wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 08:21 Won’t be able to call it till Thursday.
This and I'd even go as far as saying the next few weeks will also be pivotal - bringing in 4 players as I did. (others will have brought in multiple players too; we are waiting for fruits to bear beyond GW22).

Tomorrow, either I need Son to get some attacking points or West Ham to keep a clean sheet. The -8 has so far cost me in a week that has somehow ended up low scoring.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

carver wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 18:15

Doesn't matter though because Hazard & Alonso are gonna fire me back into the GW, Arsenal haven't rested enough players recently and will get taken apart.....
My heroes

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

I took a -8.

Out:
Hazard 10
Pogba 12
KDB 12
Lacazette 2

In
Son 3
Arnie 5
Eriksen 6
Kane 1

Currently on -29 net. Unbelievable. Sold Kane before his back to back hat tricks and sold Alonso in GW17. What a horrendous few weeks for me.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

That's awful luck/timing, sorry. Mostly right moves based on fixtures and form too. I've been burned so many times by taking out big hitters ahead of bad fixtures then seeing them haul. Hopefully tomorrow will help out for you.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

This sort of thing is the point of the thread :wink:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

WC played 62 so far mostly thanks to the import of Albrighton.
8 transfers WC used plus the financial cost of Salah and Christensen in lost 0.5 TV if I buy then back
Players in
Adrian 2 +Spurs, Vertonghen 7 + WHU, Albrighton 13, Gross 2, Eriksen 6 + WHU, Aguero 6, Firmino 1 (Bench GW22 Depoitre 1) = 37 (plus 1 point staying on the bench)

Players out
Fabianski 2, Christensen 1, Salah 0, Pogba 12, RLC 1, Morata 2, Wood 0, DCL 1 = 19
So up 18 on last weeks squad so far but keeping Coutinho over Pogba made a 12 point loss, plus the cost to get him out if he goes to Barcelona.

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

Hazard (10) & Firmino (1) -> Son (3) & Aguero (6)

So 11 vs. 9 so far. If Son play and score more 2 points, I am happy with the transfers.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

skip wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 00:16 That's awful luck/timing, sorry. Mostly right moves based on fixtures and form too. I've been burned so many times by taking out big hitters ahead of bad fixtures then seeing them haul. Hopefully tomorrow will help out for you.
Hazard (as well as Lacazette) was always coming out so not too fussed about that, apart from being an Arsenal fan. But made a late decision to take out KDB due to what looked like could be a leg break and I already owned Salah as he was out, so that one hurt.

Then decided wanted Pogba out as after owning him for 2 and seeing him playing DM at home to Burnley and Saints, Arnie looked a better long term option. He then plays behind the striker away to Everton.

A real kick in the balls, with Kane triple captain to top it off.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'll try and aggregate them up Sunday\Monday and see if people admit the recovery costs - some of the FH's could be close if tonight doesn't go well?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Highlander12 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 08:13
Then decided wanted Pogba out as after owning him for 2 and seeing him playing DM at home to Burnley and Saints, Arnie looked a better long term option. He then plays behind the striker away to Everton.
Did he play behind the striker against Everton?

Pogba always appears to play in the same role (rather than a defined position) whenever I watch him/United.

Even to the expected that pre-season everyone thought the Matic signing would ‘free’ Pogba to play more forward.

He was never defensive in my eyes and I’ve not seen anything this season to make me think his role has changed.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Did a mini wildcard 4 transfers for minus 8

Pogba, Andre Gray, Richarlison, Courtois out

Eriksen, McBurnie (swansea), Arnautovic, Lloris in

The third and fourth transfers, bringing in Arnie and Lloris, have immediately paid for themselves whatever happens in tonight's game and I will have these guys for a few weeks yet.

Andre Gray was a four game punt that went poorly I pulled the plug a week early to free up funds. Sickening he finally got a goal, especially as he himself came Vardy right before a goal in a tough game. At least it was 3 weeks not 13...

Eriksen looks a good pick over Son so far. This was the most short-term move. I might go back to pogba though to free up funds for Morata to Aguero. In hindsight even with the extra points wouldn't have splurged on Eriksen had I waited for Jesus's injury.

Tripled HK and obviously waiting to see how that ends.

My only other DGW player was Masuaku.

I have 47 with 5 to play. Sounds like a pretty average week to me but is actually well ahead of my ML rivals ignoring the minus 8. Several scores in and around the low 30s.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 08:25
Highlander12 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 08:13
Did he play behind the striker against Everton?

Pogba always appears to play in the same role (rather than a defined position) whenever I watch him/United.

Even to the expected that pre-season everyone thought the Matic signing would ‘free’ Pogba to play more forward.

He was never defensive in my eyes and I’ve not seen anything this season to make me think his role has changed.
Tbh I didn’t watch the game. But matic and Herrera both played to allow Pogba to play in the 3 behind the striker. I did watch the Burnley and Saints games though and it was like he wasn’t allowed to leave his own half. When he’s next to Matic he doesn’t look to be worth owning.
Last edited by Highlander12 on 04 Jan 2018, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

It’s tricky relying on the pre-match line up graphics.

For me, Pogba plays with a free role and goes where he wants (often playing wide).

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 09:22 It’s tricky relying on the pre-match line up graphics.

For me, Pogba plays with a free role and goes where he wants (often playing wide).
Either way, Lingard looks like the man to own in FPL terms.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

He's not an Untouchable, though?

That would need a £50m plus Transfer Fee?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Pogba mainly played on the left against Everton from what I saw, though he was moving about the pitch. The first assist came from him coming in from the left (I can't quite remember where he got the ball before Lningard's goal), as did nearly another one and he had a decent effort on target after cutting in.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

Zimmerman wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 09:22 It’s tricky relying on the pre-match line up graphics.

I watched both games, there was quite a difference. Against Southampton he was next to Matic with Mata, Lingard and Mki all in attacking mid roles. Pogba stayed back more and Lingard was making all the dangerous runs.
In the Everton game Pogba was more advanced because Herrera came into the team. He played a free-ish role centrally and switching on the left with Lingard.

If that setup continues he’s a strong pick. Lingard is regardless.
Last edited by skip on 04 Jan 2018, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Hazard (10) + Salah (Zanka) (1) + Richarlison (2) = 13.
Alli (8) + Eriksen (6) + Arnautovic (5) -4 point hit = 15

Hit for me.

Although I possibly would have used my 2FT to bring in and captain Aguero if there wasn't a DGW so that would have swung it back round to a miss.....so far.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

I did
Richarlison (2) > Arnie (5)
Sane (5) > Son (3)
Christensen (1) > Vertonghen (7)

That's 15 - 8 and -8 for the transfers

But also did Foster > Adrian last week which meant no keeper last week so that's another -3 so far.

In summary.... -3 with 4 to play for this dgw

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Salah :arrow: Alli and that's it. How can I go wrong? :mrgreen:

Mind you, that doesn't really tell the whole story. I could really do with an Arnie goal tonight to break any Spurs CS anyway. Otherwise I'll maybe regret not doing Christensen :arrow: Vertonghen (-4).

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 13:46 Salah :arrow: Alli and that's it. How can I go wrong? :mrgreen:

Mind you, that doesn't really tell the whole story. I could really do with an Arnie goal tonight to break any Spurs CS anyway. Otherwise I'll maybe regret not doing Christensen :arrow: Vertonghen (-4).
Or cant we just take 2 arnie goals? :D

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Hazard (10) & Zaha (2) to Alli (8) & Eriksen (6), so +2 at the moment. Although I may need to factor an extra transfer in to get Haz back in the next couple of weeks!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”