To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

A 4-5-1 formation...

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

A 4-5-1 formation...

Post by Mr Clarinet »

... or 5-4-1, I suppose.
I mentioned in another post a bit ago that it seemed like one might be able to put out quite an attractive looking 4-5-1 team, but without going into any specifics about who might get picked. So (in the absence of making any transfer this week) I had a play around and (starting from my current XV and using an imaginary WC) came up with:
Lloris/Elliot (Lloris usually plays)
Duffy/Dummett/Azpi/Ward/Gomez (4 play from 5)
Sane/Salah/Hazard/Eriksen/Richarlison (all play)
Kane/Crouch/DCL (Kane plays)
+0.1mil ITB.
That selection's not meant to take account of current fitness or forthcoming fixtures and rotations; really it was just an exercise to cover most of the teams I may look at ('cept Arsenal, I couldn't squeeze in either Alexis or Kolasinac) and see how good a midfield might be assembled. And obviously alternatives at the same price can be swapped in. I know the arguments about this kind of selection being inefficient in terms of leaving too much money on the bench etc., etc. But it was entertaining to look at and imagine that midfield running up a score. And I wouldn't be short of captain choices. Ok, fun over, now back to 3-4-3.
Does anyone actually play this formation? How's it going?

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Re: A 4-5-1 formation...

Post by dino1980 »

I don't, but if I were to go 4-5-1 I'd want a far stronger defence than the one in the above example. Effectively I'd want three premiums (Jones, Vertonghen, Otamendi for example) who play every week and then two rotators to fill the final spot.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Re: A 4-5-1 formation...

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Yeah, I set out with a template along the lines of £35(ish)m on the back 7, £45(ish)m on the middle 5 and Kane + £10(ish)m in the front line. But any formation and budget clearly involves compromises to individual taste.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”