To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jesus or Aguero?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Jesus or Aguerro?

Jesus
23%
Aguerro
44%
Both of them
4%
Neither of them
28%

Total votes: 115

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: Jesus or Aguero?

Post by No Way Jose »

Yeah at the end of probably 4 or 5 games

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Pulpy wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 12:32
Stemania wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 19:31

There's always the Kane to Kun option instead with Kane having (sot, MUN, liv, ARS) from GW24 when Kun has (NEW, WBA, bur, LEI), though it could be argued only the Man United have a very good defence in the 3 Spurs games. Maybe the bigger concern is the difficult CL games in between.
This would be my preferred method as otherwise it will require a hit and unbalancing my squad. Removing Kane feels risky, but he won't be widely captained in any of those weeks and I would not captain him myself. However it would not be a huge surprise to see Aguero rested around the CL games, even with Jesus unavailable.
This is where I'm leaning now too. I'm not certain it would lead to the 'optimal' team in it's own right, but the transfers/unbalancing seems too great a price for my team to try to squeeze in Kun with Kane as you say. Plus, it would allow my particular setup to keep Spurs mids through their tougher games for the impending blanks in GW28. As for the likelihood of Aguero being rested, their run is:

Saturday 20th January
Newcastle United (H)

Tuesday 23rd January
Bristol City (a) - C Cup

Saturday 27th January
FA Cup 4th Round TBD

Wednesday 31st January
West Bromwich Albion (H)

Saturday 3rd February
Burnley (a)

Saturday 10th February
Leicester City (H)

Tuesday 13th February
Basel (a) - CL

Saturday 17th February
FA Cup 5th Round TBD

Sunday 25th February
Arsenal (a) - OR, LEAGUE CUP FINAL

Saturday 3rd March
Chelsea (H)

Wednesday 7th March
Basel (H) - CL

Saturday 10th March
Stoke City (a)

Saturday 17th March
Brighton and Hove Albion (H)

Given the fixtures in and around the CL games, surely it's the FA Cup 4th/5th rounds that Kun would most likely be given a rest (if at all) - depending to some extent on the draw obviously. For the league games there doesn't seem to me an obvious place where a rest might be in danger. He started every game over the festive period and that schedule was more intensive. Perhaps Stoke? I'd be looking to remove Kun for Kane again in GW28 when City very likely have a mini-run of (blank, CHE) vs Spurs (cry, HUD) so that wouldn't be so bothersome.

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

I fear for the potential arrival of Sanchez. How many options do City need? Its insane!
http://www.goal.com/en/news/man-city-ar ... xoiogok7o5

Dont know the odds for it to happen. We managers are much better off with Ozil and Sanchez staying put.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'd have thought Sane would be the big loser from a potential Sanchez arrival, with the latter slotting in as left-sided forward?

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

I think all (Aguero,Sane and Sterling) are losers. I can see Sanchez playing up top or as a left-sided forward. Didn't Guardiola after the Mendy loss say, at some point in time, that he needed Sane to add some width which Delph couldn't give him? Sanchez don't bring that imo and he did great up top last season.

The important question to all potential Aguero owners is. How much rotational risk can be accepted? We want him due to his "nailedness" ( or I do).

Would be nice if Wenger kept the doors to OutOfContract-heaven shut in this window :)

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Agreed. Will be a huge potential spanner

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

FranckKessie wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 20:11 I think all (Aguero,Sane and Sterling) are losers. I can see Sanchez playing up top or as a left-sided forward. Didn't Guardiola after the Mendy loss say, at some point in time, that he needed Sane to add some width which Delph couldn't give him? Sanchez don't bring that imo and he did great up top last season.

The important question to all potential Aguero owners is. How much rotational risk can be accepted? We want him due to his "nailedness" ( or I do).

Would be nice if Wenger kept the doors to OutOfContract-heaven shut in this window :)
I'm not too worried as an Aguero owner. If Pep is indeed getting Sanchez, he'll have to have a plan A where both Sanchez and Aguero start. Aguero hasn't done anything wrong to be replaced by another star forward upfront. You could say that was the case with Jesus too but even then, Aguero started roughly three out of four games (and almost every home game, we have three of those from GW 24-27).

Moreover, Sanchez does a lot of playmaking as well. A lot of pinged lobs which will need runners. Perfectly suits Kun the way I see it.

Sane is the one who'll lose out the most imo. He's been great so far, but he's still young and seems to be losing a bit of steam. Alternatively, against deep-lying teams, he'll play as the 'wing-back' to provide width while Sanchez and Aguero stay central.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Wasn't Kun being heavily mentioned with a move away?

I'd guess that Jesus being injured delays it until the summer as Pep recreates the rotating 3 attackers of Barca in the form of Sanchez, Jesus, Sterling type bods.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Sanchez or Aguero

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Sanchez looks to me a near match for Jesus in terms of pressing early, as well as the attacking attributes. Can see Aguero moving on in the summer and Jesus & Sanchez rotating the top slot

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Hotstepper wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 00:44 Sanchez looks to me a near match for Jesus in terms of pressing early, as well as the attacking attributes. Can see Aguero moving on in the summer and Jesus & Sanchez rotating the top slot
It doesn't matter what happens in the summer, does it? FPL-wise, all we need to see is whether Aguero is a viable option for the next 5 games. With the form he's in, I say he definitely is, even if Sanchez arrives in January.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 05:24
Hotstepper wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 00:44 Sanchez looks to me a near match for Jesus in terms of pressing early, as well as the attacking attributes. Can see Aguero moving on in the summer and Jesus & Sanchez rotating the top slot
It doesn't matter what happens in the summer, does it? FPL-wise, all we need to see is whether Aguero is a viable option for the next 5 games. With the form he's in, I say he definitely is, even if Sanchez arrives in January.
Completely agree, for next 5 or so games looks arguably the best FPL prospect there is. Only speculating above where Sanchez may be utilised eventually

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Hotstepper wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 06:21
SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 05:24
Completely agree, for next 5 or so games looks arguably the best FPL prospect there is. Only speculating above where Sanchez may be utilised eventually
Yeah, agree with your view as well. I find it quite baffling that Wenger didn't continue playing Sanchez in the false nine role. With that role at City, Alexis will be the first name on my 2018/19 FPL Team :mrgreen:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Hotstepper wrote:Sanchez looks to me a near match for Jesus in terms of pressing early, as well as the attacking attributes. Can see Aguero moving on in the summer and Jesus & Sanchez rotating the top slot
SirMattBugsby wrote:
I agree entirely , when rotation disease sets in the fpl community it represents an opportunity for everyone else

NEW BROM bly LEI over 5 weeks

Over those 5 weeks he could be rested in the fa cup and league cup

Let's hope the mass hysteria continues as he'll be my captain in all those games

His ownership is still quite low

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Aguero is definitely on my radar, likely to come in for Firmino. He has a cost of ownership, but he's got good captaincy potential over the next 4/5 weeks which is a big advantage obviously.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

BBC on the possible Sanchez transfer

However, given Gabriel Jesus' knee injury is now not as bad as initially feared - City boss Pep Guardiola said on Thursday the Brazil forward could be back in action "in two or three weeks" - the club do not view such a huge outlay on a player who would be available for nothing in the summer as being worthwhile.

This is surely bad news for Aguero getting a clear run for 5 weeks - a figure often banded around above.
Gameweek 25 is two and a half weeks away (midweek) and Gw26 is three weeks. If Jesus is fit for GW 25 that gives Aguero just 2 PL games with no competition. I was looking at taking a hit to bring him in but I really doubt it's worth it if Rotation City is already on the horizon.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Off to United so?

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

OIEIAO wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 21:41 BBC on the possible Sanchez transfer

However, given Gabriel Jesus' knee injury is now not as bad as initially feared - City boss Pep Guardiola said on Thursday the Brazil forward could be back in action "in two or three weeks" - the club do not view such a huge outlay on a player who would be available for nothing in the summer as being worthwhile.

This is surely bad news for Aguero getting a clear run for 5 weeks - a figure often banded around above.
Gameweek 25 is two and a half weeks away (midweek) and Gw26 is three weeks. If Jesus is fit for GW 25 that gives Aguero just 2 PL games with no competition. I was looking at taking a hit to bring him in but I really doubt it's worth it if Rotation City is already on the horizon.
The quote I saw says a bit more than that - "I think two or three weeks, against Basel in the Champions League, he could be ready." [multiple sources, just do a google search]

I know that 2-3 weeks is not the same as Basel in a month's time, but as Billy points out, the league games before the Basel date are pretty darn appealing. (And from that point on, Spurs have cpl, HUD, bou, NEW, if that was the way you were considering making room for Aguero).

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Fuzzy wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 09:19
OIEIAO wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 21:41 BBC on the possible Sanchez transfer

The quote I saw says a bit more than that - "I think two or three weeks, against Basel in the Champions League, he could be ready." [multiple sources, just do a google search]

I know that 2-3 weeks is not the same as Basel in a month's time, but as Billy points out, the league games before the Basel date are pretty darn appealing. (And from that point on, Spurs have cpl, HUD, bou, NEW, if that was the way you were considering making room for Aguero).
Thanks, useful info. And infuriatingly confusing! That's five PL games away. Argh.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Judging by Pep's comments, I think there's a fairly decent chance Kun gets 2 nice home games after the Pool game, unhindered. If he were to shove Jesus back in straight away, I would have thought Guardiola would want him back for the away trip to Burnley being only a few days after the WBA home game - also as he seems to favour the Brazilian for away games, leaving Aguero to get GW27. Having said all that, it may be that Jesus is only on the bench for one of those latter games anyway, in order to ease him in. Either way, I think I'd only be an irritated Aguero owner if he was benched for one of the 2 upcoming home games - I do see that as very unlikely though given the set of fixtures for City and Pep's words.

FA Cup 4th round opponent might be important to his team selection.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The most important question with Aguero seems to be if he should replace Kane (as temporary captain) or be in addition to him, rather than if it's worth having him for the next 2/3 GWs with a wait and see attitude on the rest. We know that Spurs don't blank in GW28 so Kane looks a decent hold in the mid term, and he can score braces against anyone, so the points will come with him regardless of fixtures. But having Kane and Aguero even for a short period means a sacrifice somewhere.

So Kane :arrow: Aguero or someone else :arrow: Aguero?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Mav3rick wrote: The most important question with Aguero seems to be if he should replace Kane (as temporary captain) or be in addition to him, rather than if it's worth having him for the next 2/3 GWs with a wait and see attitude on the rest. We know that Spurs don't blank in GW28 so Kane looks a decent hold in the mid term, and he can score braces against anyone, so the points will come with him regardless of fixtures. But having Kane and Aguero even for a short period means a sacrifice somewhere.

So Kane :arrow: Aguero or someone else :arrow: Aguero?
Well this is the reason I took Kun for Firmino early vs Watford and was not entirely happy with 6 points last week to be honest! I now have Kun and Kane.

If I were looking at Kane to Aguero decision, it may depend on Sanchez imminent move. It's two transfers and one has to be incredbly fortunate to not pick up other urgent transfers to do in the meantime. I probably would keep Kane if I could provide captain cover for Aguero's great games.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”