To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The No Lukaku thread (Who's selling Lukaku, then?)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Re: The No Lukaku thread

Post by thebillfella »

This thread is a fine example of an echo chamber!

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

blahblah wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 17:34
blahblah wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 15:58 I've cracked and brought him in :?
Maybe not :wink:
As you are West Ham in the Mirror League and I represent Man Utd - it would be ironic if your team had the Man U forward and mine didn't have any Man U at all!
I Think blahblah has got an away win today!

YourMumsModesty
Treebeard
FS Record: 2019/20: 33,413

Post by YourMumsModesty »

TOPCATDUSS wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 01:53 Some please correct me if I am mistaken, but United were not known for their goalscoring last season - a quick check shows they scored less than 2 goals in half of their premier league games, and blanked 8 times - and this was with the amazing Ibra

I don't see Lukaku scoring as many this year as he did last season and if United didn't have the fixtures they do, I think we would see a lot more Kane / Aguero or Kane / Jesus teams than we do now.
One of the main reasons why United scored so few goals last season was all the missed chances. Granted, that still happened today but Lukaku took 2 of his as well and look at the difference that makes.

Matic helps as well but that's just more reason to get on the United bandwagon. This fixture was a draw last season but 4-0 this time around did not flatter United at all.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Well this couldn't have gone much worse yesterday.

First instinct is to panic and get Lukaku in ASAP.

Second instinct is to hold fire....it's not really possible to get Lukaku now without taking hits, wildcarding or removing Kane.

There can be such fine lines between success and failure sometimes. Kane hit a post and it rebounded out, then scored but it was disallowed. Lukaku hit a post and it found its way across the line, then scored another which wasn't disallowed. On another day Kane would have had a brace and the decision to go without Lukaku wouldn't have looked so bad.

I do want Lukaku after that performance but he's not going to score 2 every week (nor United 4) so trying to remain calm.

Rixel
Kevin and Perry

Post by Rixel »

Archy wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 03:06 Well this couldn't have gone much worse yesterday.

Second instinct is to hold fire....it's not really possible to get Lukaku now without taking hits, wildcarding or removing Kane.

There can be such fine lines between success and failure sometimes. Kane hit a post and it rebounded out, then scored but it was disallowed. Lukaku hit a post and it found its way across the line, then scored another which wasn't disallowed. On another day Kane would have had a brace and the decision to go without Lukaku wouldn't have looked so bad.

I do want Lukaku after that performance but he's not going to score 2 every week (nor United 4) so trying to remain calm.
I beg to differ.

Lukaku was unlucky not to score a hat-trick. You can tell he's more hungry than ever to score and impress. United looked unstoppable yesterday.

I'd be shitting myself if I didn't have him with the fixture run in that they have. :wink:

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

carver wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 13:45 I see a couple of tap ins this weekend and off to a 13 point flyer
Splendid prediction! Waiting to see with interest how the 'No Lukaku' idea works out next week.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Rixel wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 12:11
Archy wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 03:06 Well this couldn't have gone much worse yesterday.

i

I beg to differ.

Lukaku was unlucky not to score a hat-trick. You can tell he's more hungry than ever to score and impress. United looked unstoppable yesterday.

I'd be shitting myself if I didn't have him with the fixture run in that they have. :wink:

I think you might be right. Have gone back to first instinct and drafted a wilcard team with Lukaku in it.

Will probably hit the confirm button tonight before price rises hit. :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

thebillfella wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 21:00 This thread is a fine example of an echo chamber!
I'm quite happy gloating about cracking due to fear of Ownership and fixtures :lol:

Would anyone post in a "I dumped Lulu in late tinker" thread?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Is it worth doing a thread for who to swap out for Lukaku?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I think Archy deserves a bit of credit for coming back on the thread, I imagine it's quite painful to have seen the offside flag and width of a post separate an equal score from a pretty unfair hammering.

SaintFab
Kevin and Perry

Post by SaintFab »

I'm panacking and wanting him in. Happy to take the 4 point hit as well. Just need to work out if I remove Jesus or KDB.

So Jesus and a 5.5mid
Or Gabbiadini and KDB

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Mav3rick wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 20:36 I think Archy deserves a bit of credit for coming back on the thread, I imagine it's quite painful to have seen the offside flag and width of a post separate an equal score from a pretty unfair hammering.
Thanks Mav.

The funny thing is I made plenty of good decisions with the original selectIon - doubling up on West Brom defence, Eriksen, Mikhiraryan, Firmino. The sad thing is the one which went wrong resulted in a 24 point swing, wiping out all the good upsides in one go. That was harsh as you say. I don't much like the gloating that comes out on the forum at times, but the important thing is to forget what's gone and think about the best strategy going forward.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Archy wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 15:55 I think you might be right. Have gone back to first instinct and drafted a wilcard team with Lukaku in it.

Will probably hit the confirm button tonight before price rises hit. :?
Your team looks alright to me except for Lukaku, can't you accomodate Lukaku with a hit or 2?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Archy wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 21:19
Mav3rick wrote: 14 Aug 2017, 20:36 I think Archy deserves a bit of credit for coming back on the thread, I imagine it's quite painful to have seen the offside flag and width of a post separate an equal score from a pretty unfair hammering.
Thanks Mav.

The funny thing is I made plenty of good decisions with the original selectIon - doubling up on West Brom defence, Eriksen, Mikhiraryan, Firmino. The sad thing is the one which went wrong resulted in a 24 point swing, wiping out all the good upsides in one go. That was harsh as you say. I don't much like the gloating that comes out on the forum at times, but the important thing is to forget what's gone and think about the best strategy going forward.
I think you're a bit away from a knee jerk wildcard. Do you really want to take out KDB, Eriksen, Mkhi, Kane or Firmino? How about Alonso who could have had a couple on a different day? Gabbiadini, I would understand but you need to dismantle your entire Southampton block to get him in.

Alonso to a 4.0 and Firmino to Lukaku should get him in? Do you really want to take Firmino out before the visit of a seemingly porous Palace?

Another thing to think about. The more who have Lukaku, the more who will captain him. Inevitably, you should experience the reverse fortune, doubled because you will have a different cappy

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

Thanks for the advice guys.

You're right Mo, when I think about it, I'm struggling to justify a wildcard this week, which does feel knee-jerk as you say. Firmno has the better fixture than Lukaku, and I need to give KDB a chance to play at home before ditching him too. Dropping Kane before his run of good fixtures from GW3 would seem foolhardy.

Lukaku could come in for Gabbi now with a -4 hit (with preferred route of KDB to Mooy), but veering towards sitting tight one more week and see how GW2 plays out first.

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

I'm stupid and went with no Lukaku to captain Kane, and don't have him. Everyone knows the result right. Lukaku in for this week

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Who's selling Lukaku, then? (GW8)

Post by Nailer6245 »

7 goals and an assist in 7 games for Rom means he's the 2nd highest scoring FPL player (just 2pts off Aguero), and leading the PL goals race. His next four, however:
- Liverpool (a)
- Huddersfield (a)
- Spurs (H)
- Chelsea (a)

Doesn't really get much tougher, while Morata (pal, WAT, bou) and Jesus (STO, BUR, wba) have great runs, injury news depending. I had always planned to wildcard this week with Lukaku going for Morata, but I'm very unsure now. He's nailed on until Zlatan is back, in a team that's scoring for fun. I also really fancy him to score against Pool - huge game, he'll be up for it, Everton connection, etc. Head says Morata/Jesus are the right move, but heart (as a United fan!) wants to keep him in. At 11.8 (selling 11.6), there's also a real risk he scores a couple and you're left paying 12m to get him back in later.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Re: Who's selling Lukaku, then? (GW8)

Post by Tall Paul »

I keep saying this, but the next two aren't tough fixtures at all. Liverpool's defence is a shambles and Huddersfield showed on Saturday that they could well take a few hammerings from the big clubs.

Having said that, I took him out over the weekend, but that was the only way I could get Kane.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Gone for me on a WC. Feel there is more value elsewhere. Although I know this will bite me in the ass at some point.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Wouldn't even entertain the idea of getting rid of him personally.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

He is a good choice but I think right now I would rather have Jesus/Morata with an extra more or Kane for one more or say Vardy for 3 mil less.

Archy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Archy »

I was prepared to take him out for Aguero but now Lukaku's back in again I'm inclined to keep him there until Aguero returns.

For one thing he keeps the budget in place for the straight swap back to Aguero. For another, he always plays 90 mins which seems to give him a goal every game, even if he isn't much use for the first 80 minutes.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: The No Lukaku thread (Who's selling Lukaku, then? (GW8))

Post by Mav3rick »

It's a big question for me too. Lukaku's price is just like insurance really, you know he's gonna start, he is gonna play 90s and even though he was pretty anonymous on Saturday, he could have easily had a brace.

I've been planning to swap to Jesus (and probably still will) but I'm at least considering just keeping him in. I'm quite wary of the possibility of spreading the saving around if I do sell him (and therefore bring unable to get him or Aguero back in later).

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Got him out for Kane 2 GWs back, right after his 12 point haul. Very happy with that, but I also know that Lukaku will be back in my team sometime later in the season.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I had penciled in Morata for a few weeks from gw8 but it's tricky. Given his injury I will either hold or go for Jesus.

Having initially also thought this was largely a tricky 4 or 5 games for a traditional "flat track bully" who doesn't do much in big games, I think I now agree with Tall Paul who points out the next two games couldn't be a lot kinder, at least for a forward.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Keeping.

The next 2 aren't so bad. Other transfers are a bigger priority (Mkhi goes first for me, and I also have Spurs and West Brom exposure that I want to manage), and then I'll want him back again.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I was considering Lukaku to Morata as a GW8 transfer, the injury to Morata has now made that doubtful, although I was having second thoughts anyway.

Liverpool were poor again yesterday and their defence is shocking, I think United will beat them and Lukaku could easily score, then Huddersfield is a great fixture, so I'm keeping for the next two for sure.

If JM parks the bus at Liverpool and Lukaku is feeding from scraps then I may reconsider and remove him prior to the Spurs and Chelsea game. But with Lukaku they can now hit on the break (they couldn't with Ibra), so even if they sit deep I still think he will have chances on the breakaway.

The problem I have is that after Kane he is clearly the best source of goals in the game, he plays every week, doesn't get subbed, and until Ibra returns in the New Year there is nobody to really threaten his place. 10 games played, 11 goals (in all comps), so he's on fire too.

Aguero not fit, Morata possibly out too, Firmino rotated, Lacazette not yet a regular force, Vardy hot and cold, and then all the cheaper strikers have been pretty rubbish.

There is only Jesus, but I still rate him behind Kane and Lukaku, and if I did get him it will be to join them not instead of Lukaku.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

I'm really looking forward to Pep breaking out the old KDB in the false nine formation, with Jesus on the bench in a couple of weeks.

He's such a scamp!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Lukaku leaves before deadline for me. I'll get him back in GW12. While Aguero is out I'd rather have Jesus for STK BUR wba ARS than Lukaku for liv hud TOT che. It seems an obvious and straightforward fixtures play to me.

FF Newbie
Wideboy
FS Record: Newbie

Post by FF Newbie »

I've also replaced Lukaku with Jesus

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”