To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Hector Bellerin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MGPT
Treebeard

Hector Bellerin

Post by MGPT »

Can anyone explain the reasons behind Bellerin's relatively poor season last year? I know he was in and out of the team a lot but never really knew why. Was it just down to injury problems or did he actually get dropped at some point? Also, will he be missing the start of this season due to u21 championships?

It would seem to me that if he plays regularly as a wing back at 6m, he would be a good chance to be the clear best defender this season. But I'm not too sure how secure his place in the team even is.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Hector Bellerin

Post by Mav3rick »

Isn't he 6.5? The issue really is that Wenger seems to like the ox on that side too, so there could be a lot of rotation which would kill both as FPL prospects.

There's a few Arsenal fans around who can give better opinions that I'm I can on Bellerin last year, but looking forward he just looks a bit risky.

The left wingback berth at Arsenal however could be very tempting.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

6mn for the bell. He looks very risky, I guess he can play himself into first choice LWB with Arse out the C.League (little rotation). Wait and see but reasonable price tag if he nails down the place.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

I considered him as a best RB in the league until last season. I really don't know what happened, but I think he's nailed at that position except Wenger decides to use Chamberlain as a RB this season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Arsenal's defence was pants then when Arsene went 3 at the back he was more or less dropped?

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Yep pretty much, Oxlade was favoured over Bellerin for RWB, then Bellerin started the last 3 games after Oxlade got injured (in which he got 2 assists and a goal...)

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

asm_fanz wrote:Yep pretty much, Oxlade was favoured over Bellerin for RWB, then Bellerin started the last 3 games after Oxlade got injured (in which he got 2 assists and a goal...)
He dropped in the 3 at the back i think but was undroppable when he got back in the team

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Payet wrote:I considered him as a best RB in the league until last season. I really don't know what happened, but I think he's nailed at that position except Wenger decides to use Chamberlain as a RB this season.
His head was turned by Barcelona and don't be surprised to see him join them before the end of the window.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Ashers wrote:
Payet wrote:I considered him as a best RB in the league until last season. I really don't know what happened, but I think he's nailed at that position except Wenger decides to use Chamberlain as a RB this season.
His head was turned by Barcelona and don't be surprised to see him join them before the end of the window.
Well they signed Semedo from Benfica so I don't see Bellerin leaving now.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

fred1266 wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:Yep pretty much, Oxlade was favoured over Bellerin for RWB, then Bellerin started the last 3 games after Oxlade got injured (in which he got 2 assists and a goal...)
He dropped in the 3 at the back i think but was undroppable when he got back in the team
Well the season was over 3 games after he got back in the team :D
I hope you're right though, he'd be one of the first name on my squad list if I knew he was nailed on

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

asm_fanz wrote:
fred1266 wrote:
Well the season was over 3 games after he got back in the team :D
I hope you're right though, he'd be one of the first name on my squad list if I knew he was nailed on
yea am right that why Ox played as LWB for FA finals since Bellerin was playing so good, the only thing is he hasn't played pre season yet think he is still on holidays

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

He signed new contract in November, so would think Barca interest out for this season at least but do think he will as Cesc go back.
Did not travel with pre-season group was with Spain U21 at Euro comp, must admit not sure what Wenger will decide RWB him or Ox may depend on oppoasition

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Chelsea have mad a bid for Ox

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Chelsea have mad a bid for Ox
Be very surprised if we sell him, especially to Cfc, cant see any gain unless its a swap for Hazard :wink: , we dont need the money these days. End of last season showed his value to us in change formation options.
Next season lot of games with us playing on a Thursday means would think a different team for the early European games to prem games we will need a big squad of 1st team grade players to give us 2 chances of Champ league place that is a must.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”