To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

League Cup Final - DGW potential

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: League Cup Final - DGW potential

Post by thesilkworm »

A run of three very nice fixtures follows straight after the trip to Old Trafford though.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

thesilkworm wrote:A run of three very nice fixtures follows straight after the trip to Old Trafford though.
Alternatively put, a run of 4 very nice fixtures.....

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Douglas Reynholm wrote:Do you really want 3 of them knowing they go to Old Trafford the week after?
Decent run that game aside though.

And besides, I can just get rid of the third after the double if I decide three is too many. Shouldn't be too many issues in my team to address otherwise at that point all being well, so will be easy enough.

QPR and Swansea is a double header that justifies the three, in my opinion, even if only for the short term. Especially if, as expected, the Chelsea DGW comes later. Good points potential.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Regarding Spurs-players for the DGW, surely Pochettino will rotate his defensive line? Davies in replacement of Rose in one of those two DGW-games for instance. Perhaps Walker is safe but Dier could come in for him as well, as well as that Vertonghen could be replaced to give Chirches more playing time. Lloris seems the safest bet to get a possible +12 points for those two games when looking away from Eriksen and Kane.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:A run of three very nice fixtures follows straight after the trip to Old Trafford though.
Alternatively put, a run of 4 very nice fixtures.....
Ha, true. Certainly for attacking players.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

From4corners wrote:Regarding Spurs-players for the DGW, surely Pochettino will rotate his defensive line? Davies in replacement of Rose in one of those two DGW-games for instance. Perhaps Walker is safe but Dier could come in for him as well, as well as that Vertonghen could be replaced to give Chirches more playing time. Lloris seems the safest bet to get a possible +12 points for those two games when looking away from Eriksen and Kane.
Yup I've opted for Lloris for that reason. I guess only time will tell if it was worth having a million less to spend on the rest of my wildcard team.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

So far so good for you it seems, sitting nicely in the ranking there :D I might go Foster :arrow: Lloris myself for GW28, coupled with ADM :arrow: Eriksen (if I haven't chopped ADM by then already).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe Lloris.

Maybe even a slightly left field consideration for Dembele.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lloris with a trillion 2-1s in a row?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Billy Bongo wrote:Lloris with a trillion 2-1s in a row?
Are we referring to GW 9-12? :roll: But yes, that Lloris.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

From4corners wrote:Regarding Spurs-players for the DGW, surely Pochettino will rotate his defensive line? Davies in replacement of Rose in one of those two DGW-games for instance. Perhaps Walker is safe but Dier could come in for him as well, as well as that Vertonghen could be replaced to give Chirches more playing time. Lloris seems the safest bet to get a possible +12 points for those two games when looking away from Eriksen and Kane.
Yes this and Pochettino is notorious for rotation in a crowded schedule. If you can do it easily then fair enough, but i don't think it's worth compromising your whole team structure just to fit in an extra Spurs defender/keeper for an extra game where they might or might not get a cs.

The main points and likely big hauls as usual are likely to be in the front seven and if you have certain starters Kane and Eriksen then this should be enough, even more so if a third Chelsea man is needed.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

That had always been my concern with Rose, Vertonghen is likely to play and you'd be unlucky if you bought him and he got rotated, in the case of Lloris I think it would be extremely unfortunate for Lloris owners if he only played one game, as he should be the most reliable, and they won't be able to get a sub keeper of the bench if he misses one.

I'm not sure whether to bother with a Spurs defender, but I am tempted, as the chance of at least one clean sheet if they play both games has to be near 66%, you are likely to get extra appearance points, and possibly save, attacking or bonus too.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Vertonghen is very expensive and seems overvalued (0.2 more than Bertrand and about 40 less points).

If you're going big on defence and upgrading someone short term he's decent, but in that price bracket and slightly above Saints and Chelsea defenders are far better value.

For me personally Rose is looking a far more attractive option than Vertonghen, he may very well only get a single gw28, but he doesn't compromise my team structure and is in place for the excellent upcoming fixtures, apart from the Utd game that is, when he can very easily be benched.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Vertonghen is very expensive and seems overvalued (0.2 more than Bertrand and about 40 less points).

If you're going big on defence and upgrading someone short term he's decent, but in that price bracket and slightly above Saints and Chelsea defenders are far better value.

For me personally Rose is looking a far more attractive option than Vertonghen, he may very well only get a single gw28, but he doesn't compromise my team structure and is in place for the excellent upcoming fixtures, apart from the Utd game that is, when he can very easily be benched.
The question is, who is more nailed; Rose or Walker? I would edge towards Walker as Davies is probably more competition than an out of position Dier.

Both Rose and Walker have good attacking potential and so are decent shouts provided they play.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I'd rather shave my balls with a spoon than have Rose in my team

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Billy Bongo wrote:I'd rather shave my balls with a spoon than have Rose in my team
:lol:

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Vertonghen is very expensive and seems overvalued (0.2 more than Bertrand and about 40 less points).

The question is, who is more nailed; Rose or Walker? I would edge towards Walker as Davies is probably more competition than an out of position Dier.

Both Rose and Walker have good attacking potential and so are decent shouts provided they play.
Does over valued really matter for the double? Chances are you will get him and then shift him out as soon as it is over, I guess the question should be which defender has the most potential out of their crud collection.

If Chelsea are not in 27 then he's simply keeping the money warm for one of their defenders.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

It's gw28 that is Spurs dgw and Chelsea do have a fixture. I don't think it's much of an option to replace Terry or Ivan with Vertonghen as even if Chelsea's double was gw31 it still uses unnecessary transfers and possibly cash. If it's transfers involving a cheaper defender then spare cash is needed if only temporarily and it still involves getting rid of him.

Everyone's plans and teams are different so maybe it's an option for some but not for me.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Notned wrote:

The major difference is Walker's price, at 5.8 he's about a million more than Rose, i'd rather not swap a Chelsea or Saints defender and it's not worth restructuring my team to accomodate him.

For his cheaper price some rotation is to be expected and acceptable for Rose, but then he won't be one of my premium defenders.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

liquidfootball2 wrote:It's gw28 that is Spurs dgw and Chelsea do have a fixture. I don't think it's much of an option to replace Terry or Ivan with Vertonghen as even if Chelsea's double was gw31 it still uses unnecessary transfers and possibly cash. If it's transfers involving a cheaper defender then spare cash is needed if only temporarily and it still involves getting rid of him.

Everyone's plans and teams are different so maybe it's an option for some but not for me.
Yes, excuse me, for GW28, does it matter if you feel he is over valued if he's the better option that week?

I'm guessing the hoards of people that are looking at Spurs players other than Kane and perhaps Eriksen are not looking at them for the long haul (unless Danny Rose has jumped up as extreme value) so not sure where the relivance of price comes into it unless off course it's because you don't have the funds to begin with.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

If you have the spare cash over then yes it could be a short term option. I'm questioning if such spare cash is wisely spent on a short term bet with a dgw for an expensive defender. I would prefer to leave it and use the cash further forward, or if I do get a spurs defender it will be in a cheaper price bracket where I don't need to play him every week.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

liquidfootball2 wrote:I would prefer to leave it and use the cash further forward, or if I do get a spurs defender it will be in a cheaper price bracket where I don't need to play him every week.
Has to be Rose then... to bad Davies didn't manage to hold on to the left back spot, I was very close to picking him in my WC team after he started 6 games in a row

Maradona_Is_God
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Maradona_Is_God »

Assuming the Chelsea DGW is much later in the season, is it crazy, stupid, or a shrewd risk to be thinking about bringing in Austin and/or Green for the DGW, or are we expecting a couple of 0-3 results for QPR?

Seems extremely affordable price wise to go into the DGW with Green, Austin, Kane, Eriksen, Rose.

Personally I only have Kane and Hazard from the four teams missing in GW27, so I can do something like-

GW26 - 1 transfer - Wisdom :arrow: Rose.
GW27 - Rollover transfer (Hazard, Kane, Rose benched).
GW28 - 3 transfers (4 point hit) - Krul+Defoe+DiMaria :arrow: Green+Austin+Eriksen.

Perhaps a 4 point hit for Krul :arrow: Green is unnecessary when I already have Pantilimon, but either can rotate with him until the end of season.

Also it will be interesting to see the Captain poll for week 28; Kane with a DGW or Aguero at home to Leicester. Perhaps Austin outscores them both in 3 hours of football at Loftus Road :)

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Maradona_Is_God wrote:Assuming the Chelsea DGW is much later in the season, is it crazy, stupid, or a shrewd risk to be thinking about bringing in Austin and/or Green for the DGW, or are we expecting a couple of 0-3 results for QPR?
I think bringing in Austin is fine, however Green isn't worth it IMO, I don't see them keeping any CS in those fixtures

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Maradona_Is_God wrote:Also it will be interesting to see the Captain poll for week 28; Kane with a DGW or Aguero at home to Leicester.
Landslide for Kane methinks.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I've got the wildcard left and will strongly consider using it if the Chelsea DGW28 is announced.

I do 100% agree with Hans though that it can be planned for without a wildcard but I'm not sure there will be a better time to use it. Undoubtedly the time to use it was earlier in the season, the most I'm going to save by wildcarding in GW28 is probably an 8pt hit.

Assuming Leicester go out and Chelsea get the 28 double the following things are winding me up:

Costa - Potentially a good use of the wildcard as most will struggle to get him back in without taking hits or losing Aguero. I really can't see him getting through three fixtures without picking up a yellow card though, surely this rules him out as an option?

The Uncertainty - If I'd have known about the Chelsea double a week ago I would have taken a punt (maybe Ozil?) last week. It's likely to be announced quite late meaning less time to take advantage of the run up. I guess you'd have transfers to set up well for GW27 but that looks a really low scoring week.

Having attempted a couple of wildcard teams I'm not really happy with what I can put together so am starting to hope the Chelsea double isn't GW28.

Who the hell do you even pick as your third Chelsea player? Assuming Hazard & a defender is standard:

A second defender?
Fabregas - takes up a valuable midfield spot and would have to come in for Silva (LEI) which could backfire
Oscar - as above and unlikely to play both games with Cuadrado now on the scene.

I'd probably go for something like this but wouldn't be too happy about it:

Lloris
Ivanovic, Terry, Schlupp
Hazard, Eriksen, Sanchez, Silva
Aguero, Kane, Austin
Subs: 4.0 keeper, Haidara, Yun, Cork

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Sammy the Crab wrote:I've got the wildcard left and will strongly consider using it if the Chelsea DGW28 is announced.

I do 100% agree with Hans though that it can be planned for without a wildcard but I'm not sure there will be a better time to use it. Undoubtedly the time to use it was earlier in the season, the most I'm going to save by wildcarding in GW28 is probably an 8pt hit.

Assuming Leicester go out and Chelsea get the 28 double the following things are winding me up:

Costa - Potentially a good use of the wildcard as most will struggle to get him back in without taking hits or losing Aguero. I really can't see him getting through three fixtures without picking up a yellow card though, surely this rules him out as an option?

The Uncertainty - If I'd have known about the Chelsea double a week ago I would have taken a punt (maybe Ozil?) last week. It's likely to be announced quite late meaning less time to take advantage of the run up. I guess you'd have transfers to set up well for GW27 but that looks a really low scoring week.

Having attempted a couple of wildcard teams I'm not really happy with what I can put together so am starting to hope the Chelsea double isn't GW28.

Who the hell do you even pick as your third Chelsea player? Assuming Hazard & a defender is standard:

A second defender?
Fabregas - takes up a valuable midfield spot and would have to come in for Silva (LEI) which could backfire
Oscar - as above and unlikely to play both games with Cuadrado now on the scene.

I'd probably go for something like this but wouldn't be too happy about it:

Lloris
Ivanovic, Terry, Schlupp
Hazard, Eriksen, Sanchez, Silva
Aguero, Kane, Austin
Subs: 4.0 keeper, Haidara, Yun, Cork
I agree on Costa, to get him now only two yellows away from a two game ban isn't ideal even though it would give you a potential advantage. I think a lot would be looking towards an extra defender as losing Silva with the fixtures isn't on.

I'm not sure if Sanchez is quite so valuable as he was previously with Ozil and so many other options likely to take away a share of Arsenal's attacking points. Most have just brought him back and haven't a lot of cash tied up in him so could contemplate a short term swap until gwk32 for Fabregas and then upgrade Silva to Sanchez for City's more difficult run starting in 32 especially if City are playing two strikers at home. This may be more viable if you have Giroud and an Arsenal defender to at least cover them.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Most have just brought him back.
Disagree with this, I think most people held.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Sammy the Crab wrote:I'd probably go for something like this but wouldn't be too happy about it:LlorisIvanovic, Terry, SchluppHazard, Eriksen, Sanchez, SilvaAguero, Kane, Austin Subs: 4.0 keeper, Haidara, Yun, Cork
Seems decent to me. However I know what you mean, there is probably some reparation that is required after GW28 with this squad. Also how good will your squad/team be in GW28 without the WC (if Chelsea have the double)? I can't help but think it will be fractionally weaker in GW28 but slightly stronger afterwards - everyone will have at least Eriksen, Hazard, Terry/Ivanovic and Kane anyway, probably with no hits. I'm in a similar position and the WC situation is irritating - one would have expected a couple of juicy double GWs just like in other seasons. If we can get 10 extra points from it, it'll be a minor victory.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Sammy the Crab wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:Most have just brought him back.
Disagree with this, I think most people held.
Yes I think 'most' should be 'some'. :-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”