To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lallana

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MrrDrr
Treebeard

Lallana

Post by MrrDrr »

What are your expert opinions on Lallana this season?

He was a points behemoth last season and is now part of a superior team.

He is evidently a risk for rotation due to the wealth of talent Liverpool have in the final third but considering they splashed £25m on him I can't see him being benched a lot.

At 8.5m is he worth taking over somebody like Ozil, Silva, Mata, etc?

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Lallana

Post by TheChairLeg »

Too expensive considering the more talented players in a settled team you can get for the same price.
He could score more points than the rest but he carries a larger risk.

magicdave
Red & Blue Braces

Post by magicdave »

Could easily fall by the wayside now he's a small fish in a big(ger) pond.

MrrDrr
Treebeard

Post by MrrDrr »

I think you're both right.

For 0.5m more you can move in a premium nailed on mid.

He's not worth the risk unless he proves otherwise in the opening fixtures of the season.

Cheers.

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Adam Lallana took the free kicks for Southampton last season, but in Liverpool it will be Gerrard. Also his price is very high this year. I think there are many better options for that range of price. Some of the best FPL midfielders cost 9,0 m.

Jamieis2cool
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 190k (12/13)

Post by Jamieis2cool »

If Fabregas/Mata/Silva/Ramsey were all 10m plus players then you could sort of see why you would take the punt and save 1.5m. Unfortunately that's not the case and although there's no reason to suggest he can't score big again, it's worth going for the more premium player and can downgrade if necessary.

brownie30
FISOhead
FS Record: 2009/10 FPL 377th. 2011/12 FPL Fantasy Knockout Cup Semi Finalist

Post by brownie30 »

Lallana or Sterling or Couthino

tiotom92
Treebeard

Post by tiotom92 »

Im avoiding Liverpool this year. Champions League + no Suarez i think will equal poor value for money in FPL.

brownie30
FISOhead
FS Record: 2009/10 FPL 377th. 2011/12 FPL Fantasy Knockout Cup Semi Finalist

Post by brownie30 »

tiotom92 wrote:Im avoiding Liverpool this year. Champions League + no Suarez i think will equal poor value for money in FPL.
I tend to agree with you on his one, I'm taking a step back for a few games to see how Liverpool shape up

Ezequiel
Treebeard

Post by Ezequiel »

They need more reinforcements to counter the loss of Suarez. Without him, they would have ended outside the top4 last season.

tiotom92
Treebeard

Post by tiotom92 »

brownie30 wrote:
tiotom92 wrote:Im avoiding Liverpool this year. Champions League + no Suarez i think will equal poor value for money in FPL.
I tend to agree with you on his one, I'm taking a step back for a few games to see how Liverpool shape up
Yep, Rodgers is a fantastic manager though so it's possible they may do all right. We'll have to wait and see.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Looks like a knee ligament injury has put paid to Lallana's hopes of being fit for the start of the season.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Looks like a knee ligament injury has put paid to Lallana's hopes of being fit for the start of the season.
According to ssn he's out for 6 weeks.

surrey
Wideboy

Post by surrey »

I think Liverpool will really struggle this year. Suarez carried them last year and only playing once a week meant hardly any injuries.

Gerrard is too old to carry them now.

Sturridge? Not for me.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't think you can say Suarez carried the team, he was the most influential player of course but goals came from Sturridge, Gerrard, Sterling, Skrtel :!: and Coutinho too and it was the style of play that counted not just giving it to Suarez and letting him do damage.

The squad is deeper now and the manager is very high quality. I'm wary and not jumping in early, but I think they will be competing around 4th place with the likes of Man Utd and Spurs.

I feel sorry for Lallana missing out but as mentioned, the better squad depth will help them cope and it's hopefully only a short absence.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Defending teams were so scared of Suarez that it allowed others to creep in due to teams concentrating on trying to stop him first and foremost.

Others benefitted from him being such a threat so in a sense his goals and all round play dragged them to where they ended up AKA carrying them.

Dangerous Donkeys
Treebeard

Post by Dangerous Donkeys »

Bit academic now with him inured but rotation would be my concern with Lallana.
As has been pointed out, just an extra .5m gets you a lot of premium mids who are much more nailed on.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Dangerous Donkeys wrote:Bit academic now with him inured but rotation would be my concern with Lallana.
As has been pointed out, just an extra .5m gets you a lot of premium mids who are much more nailed on.
Rotation wouldn't be my initial concern with Lallana (no more that at any of the other CL clubs anyway) since I think he will play more often than not when available but his position and role when in the team isn't certain. He's caught between the potential value of Eriksen/Lamela and the big hauls of the 9.0 mids.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

He's back earlier than expected apparently - expected to be in the squad this weekend, though not match fit so won't be considered to start just yet. Another one to watch, and probably (more) bad news for Sterling owners. :(

I know the thread title isn't in it's new format, but it is relatively a old thread. He plays for Liverpool for those in doubt. :wink:

goldenrookie
Treebeard

LA LA lallana time

Post by goldenrookie »

:wink: :wink:

Time to invest as he's scored and a must in the Liverpool team. I certainly have him ahead of yaya

Carlb5253
FISOhead

Post by Carlb5253 »

Adam Banana a must :lol:

Shows how bad the pool are

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Am tempted to bring him in but have sterling in my team. I don't like doubling up in the same position and don't fancy sacrificing sterling

smalls
Wideboy

Re: LA LA lallana time

Post by smalls »

goldenrookie wrote::wink: :wink:

Time to invest as he's scored and a must in the Liverpool team. I certainly have him ahead of yaya
He's scored one goal. Hardly a must, I'd certainly have Sterling ahead of him. Big wait and see over Liverpool's next few games (assuming he isn't injured over the international break)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”