To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RE: Best 9.0m midfielder?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Best 9.0m midfielder?

Fabregas
23%
Ramsey
33%
Ozil
8%
Silva
7%
Mata
24%
Gerrard
3%
Walcott
1%

Total votes: 153

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Re: RE: Best 9.0m midfielder?

Post by reddevil 99 »

Bit off topic but the best value mid this year has to be Eriksen.

rootcoors
FISOhead
FS Record: 21997

Post by rootcoors »

reddevil 99 wrote:Bit off topic but the best value mid this year has to be Eriksen.
Agree he had a good end to last season - but with the new boss coming in that doesnt mean he will get the same role and the same chances he did last season. 8mil is a good price but I'm just not sure on this one... I would rather spend less elsewhere and have a 9mil in his place I think.

reddevil 99
FISOhead

Post by reddevil 99 »

Noonster wrote:
reddevil 99 wrote:Bit off topic but the best value mid this year has to be Eriksen.
Agree he had a good end to last season - but with the new boss coming in that doesnt mean he will get the same role and the same chances he did last season. 8mil is a good price but I'm just not sure on this one... I would rather spend less elsewhere and have a 9mil in his place I think.
I`m expecting him to do even better this year under an excellent new manager.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Ozil for sure. This fella will be Arsenal's assist generator!!

Nedved_Cannon
Treebeard

Post by Nedved_Cannon »

Anyone looking at Nasri despite some tough opening fixtures? Has a full summer and pre season under his belt and surely wants to continue proving a point that he contributes significantly to the Man City attack... 8.5 looks reasonable to me considering last year's score finish.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Sterling, no?

Steelblade
Treebeard

Post by Steelblade »

It's hard to tell which ones will do best so you will likely change to the ones that do hit form. If you have a 9.0 you can get any other 9.0 and players like Sterling. If you have Sterling you can't get any of the 9.0s without an additional transfer...

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

Steelblade wrote:It's hard to tell which ones will do best so you will likely change to the ones that do hit form. If you have a 9.0 you can get any other 9.0 and players like Sterling. If you have Sterling you can't get any of the 9.0s without an additional transfer...
But only if you don't miss on a single 0.1mil price rise. Could be tricky if a player scores big on Saturday and there is a bandwagon, and your 9.0 midfielder plays on Sunday or Monday.

rootcoors
FISOhead
FS Record: 21997

Post by rootcoors »

Nedved_Cannon wrote:Anyone looking at Nasri despite some tough opening fixtures? Has a full summer and pre season under his belt and surely wants to continue proving a point that he contributes significantly to the Man City attack... 8.5 looks reasonable to me considering last year's score finish.
I mentioned him in an earlier post...
Noonster wrote: I understand people talking about the best 9.0 midfielder but whats wrong with saving 0.5 and heading for someone like Nasri? Didn't he have a better run than Silva and will probably get more or if not he same gametime? 0.5 could then be invested elsewhere...
He's in my team ;)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think Sterling is one of the most overpriced players in the game this year. He's got very strong competition for a starting place and was regularly rotated last season. That's fine at 5.5, but not 8.5.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

Stemania wrote:I think Sterling is one of the most overpriced players in the game this year. He's got very strong competition for a starting place and was regularly rotated last season. That's fine at 5.5, but not 8.5.
http://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Playe ... n/1237-123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the 1st December, there were only 3 PL games he didn't start. One of the games he didn't start, he came on and scored. He has some competition for his place, I agree, but I reckon he's pretty much nailed on. I think he's cheap. He could be the player of the year this season I think. He's a brilliant player who's only getting better. 9 league goals last season too, all of which came from December onwards.

MrrDrr
Treebeard

Post by MrrDrr »

bigcliff2 wrote:
Stemania wrote:I think Sterling is one of the most overpriced players in the game this year. He's got very strong competition for a starting place and was regularly rotated last season. That's fine at 5.5, but not 8.5.
http://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Playe ... n/1237-123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the 1st December, there were only 3 PL games he didn't start. One of the games he didn't start, he came on and scored. He has some competition for his place, I agree, but I reckon he's pretty much nailed on. I think he's cheap. He could be the player of the year this season I think. He's a brilliant player who's only getting better. 9 league goals last season too, all of which came from December onwards.
That is very intriguing.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

So Sterlings goals came after Suarez returned from his ban? He's still a premium price for me

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

Billy Bongo wrote:So Sterlings goals came after Suarez returned from his ban? He's still a premium price for me
Not sure what you're getting at. Suarez was banned until the end of September. Sterling only started playing regularly from the start of December.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

bigcliff2 wrote:

Yes but this year they've got Lallana and Markovic, and the CL. I think he might be rotated quite a bit

TheChairLeg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by TheChairLeg »

Only the very best players are consistent at Sterling's age. He could be one of those players but the odds are that he isn't and he has a mixed season.
If you can afford to take the risk then it might be very rewarding.

I personally don't have a single Liverpool player. I'm not sure how they'll cope without Suarez. I'll be looking to see if they sign a big player to replace him.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

asm_fanz wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:

Yes but this year they've got Lallana and Markovic, and the CL. I think he might be rotated quite a bit
My thinking is that he's going to make himself unrotatable.

Remains to be seen.

Needless to say, I'm having him

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Many of u guys are voting for Ramsey.. but there are many things that have changed. Arsenal now signed Sanchez. They also have Cazorla and Ozil. Maybe Ramsey will play deeper and he will not bring many points. Due to the injury of the wingers last year, he was used as an attacking player for long time. But if the squad is full I don't see him playing forward over Cazorla, Ozil and Sanchez (when Walcott reterns even harder).

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

How deeper do you reckon Ramsey will play now then? He played most of his games last season alongside Arteta. Or am I wrong here?

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

From4corners wrote:How deeper do you reckon Ramsey will play now then? He played most of his games last season alongside Arteta. Or am I wrong here?
Exactly. I think he will be playing with Arteta in the middle. When Walcott and Ox were injured Wenger tryed to play with Gnabry for one or two gwks and after that he used Ramsey as a right winger.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

:? didn't he score a lot when playing in his natural position with Arteta in the middle (as well)?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I thought he looked much more dangerous as one of the central mids (alongide Arteta/Flamini), allowing him to break late into the box, than he did on the wing. He looked a bit awkward and out of place there to me.

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Scottoffee wrote:
boise1234 wrote:Gerrad,

for £9m you really want someone who takes their teams pens as well as contributing in general play
With Lampard gone, isn't there a good change of Fabregas taking over on penalty duty?...

Used to take them for Arsenal, but I guess Hazard might have something to say on the issue.
I would assume Hazard gets it. Has been solid with Chelsea (9 out of 10) and was 9 for 9 in Lilie prior (numbers according to football-lineups.com). Cecs's record not nearly as impressive (11 out of last 16 across Barca, Spain and Arsenal).

Would be nice to get clarity. For Southampton too (Tadic and Pelle both took pens last season...Tadic much better but Pelle striker).

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

GobiLux wrote:He played in a deep role last season, just has a knack to go forward at the right time.
Yeah true box-to-box midfielder. Similar to Toure going forward actually although Ramsey is better at that part of the game at this point. Now if he can only get free kicks and pens like Yaya did last year too....

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

gooberman wrote:
Noonster wrote:
boise1234 wrote:Gerrad,

for £9m you really want someone who takes their teams pens as well as contributing in general play
To be honest I'm not sure why people are not going for him (including myself) he had a great season again last season and is surely nailed on to start most games this season too...
His score last year was falsely bumped up by penalties, most of which earned by Suarez. With Suarez gone, I can't see them getting as many penalties.
10 penalties last season....

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

...of which Suarez won 5.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

No Suarez to dive about and get Gerrard the pens to boot in, this time....

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

Ozil, Sterling and Nasri are all well overpriced in comparison to Fabregas, Ramsey and Mata IMO

The last 3 are proven players with a proven history of scoring HUGE FPL points, the first 3 are hit and miss gambles that may have good games but will be unlikely to match the consistently big scores that the latter 3 will no doubt generate.

It's better to keep gambles to a minimum IMO so I'm looking at Fabregas, Ramsey, Mata and Sanchez as an ideal midfield this season.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

CupidStunt000 wrote:Ozil, Sterling and Nasri are all well overpriced in comparison to Fabregas, Ramsey and Mata IMO

The last 3 are proven players with a proven history of scoring HUGE FPL points, the first 3 are hit and miss gambles that may have good games but will be unlikely to match the consistently big scores that the latter 3 will no doubt generate.

It's better to keep gambles to a minimum IMO so I'm looking at Fabregas, Ramsey, Mata and Sanchez as an ideal midfield this season.
Ramsey has a proven history of scoring huge FPL points? Based on what? His 146 points last season? Nasri has scored 155 once and 134 twice. Sterling scored 12 points fewer than Ramsey last season. I know Ramsey missed a large part of last season but then Sterling didn't even start playing until December.

Fabregas has a good FPL history, no question, but that was years ago at a proper attacking side. This is Mourinho's Chelsea. Different thing. Remains to be seen.

Mata, I think is underpriced. I'll be having him.

Of all the 6 you mention, Fabregas looks the biggest gamble to me.

dreamrecruitment
Red & Blue Braces

Post by dreamrecruitment »

decided on ramsey, mata (and hazard).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”