To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea attacking options

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Chelsea attacking options

Post by Billy Bongo »

Fabregas is a quality player in a quality team. I'm just worried he becomes the architect assisting the assister, a key player for them and a bomb in fpl

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Didier Drogba :shock:
Wow, well at 36 he's surely not going to be starting too many games. Maybe he's there for Lukaku's benefit, train with him, see how he plays, learn his style of play... that kind of thing?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Billy Bongo wrote:Fabregas is a quality player in a quality team. I'm just worried he becomes the architect assisting the assister, a key player for them and a bomb in fpl

Nobody has a clue yet. Just wait and see how they play in the last friendly or two.

Isalla
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Isalla »

Seems like Torres is on his way back to Atletico... (not that it matters FPL wise apart from several optimists...)

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ch ... 66066.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Mav3rick wrote:
Wow, well at 36 he's surely not going to be starting too many games. Maybe he's there for Lukaku's benefit, train with him, see how he plays, learn his style of play... that kind of thing?
if it happens will be incredible to have drogba back, great option to have on the bench. great signing for the dressing room too after losing lampard, squad is lacking natural leaders now other than terry.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

I think I would stay away from Costa. I have not considered him for a second and even if he was 8.5 I still would avoid. Having watched him over last season and the joke of a WC he had, he seems extremely overrated to me. Not only, as pointed out earlier in this thread, does he look like he will be out of his element with the physical nature of the defenses in the Prem. He also is a victim of the penalty factor.

I cannot locate the number exactly but I read a couple of months ago about the number of his goals which were from penalties and it was substantial. I am not certain if Hazard will retain the penalty duty or not but it is still important to note how Costa's goal tally is padded by this number. He looks to be a decent player (nothing more) and I really hope I am wrong as we need a great striker. But at this time I am banking on him being another one of the Chelsea striker flops of epic proportions.

My pick at this time is Cesc due to history and whether he plays in the hole or alongside Matic in more of a box to box role he should be incredibly effective.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Mav3rick wrote:

Tells you all you need to know about Mourhino's confidence in Costa.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

ctibbits wrote:I think I would stay away from Costa. I have not considered him for a second and even if he was 8.5 I still would avoid. Having watched him over last season and the joke of a WC he had, he seems extremely overrated to me. Not only, as pointed out earlier in this thread, does he look like he will be out of his element with the physical nature of the defenses in the Prem. He also is a victim of the penalty factor.

I cannot locate the number exactly but I read a couple of months ago about the number of his goals which were from penalties and it was substantial. I am not certain if Hazard will retain the penalty duty or not but it is still important to note how Costa's goal tally is padded by this number. He looks to be a decent player (nothing more) and I really hope I am wrong as we need a great striker. But at this time I am banking on him being another one of the Chelsea striker flops of epic proportions.

My pick at this time is Cesc due to history and whether he plays in the hole or alongside Matic in more of a box to box role he should be incredibly effective.

...and there you have it, no 'club bias' here, just someone that watches football as opposed to studying the numbers.

Quality post.

magicdave
Red & Blue Braces

Post by magicdave »

ctibbits wrote:I think I would stay away from Costa. I have not considered him for a second and even if he was 8.5 I still would avoid. Having watched him over last season and the joke of a WC he had, he seems extremely overrated to me. Not only, as pointed out earlier in this thread, does he look like he will be out of his element with the physical nature of the defenses in the Prem. He also is a victim of the penalty factor.

Mourinho knows what he wants for his team and he knows the Spanish players very well. I don't think he would get it so badly wrong.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

If Fabregas is basically Lampard v2 then I agree he could be decent, although I doubt he will have the pens. As a box-to-box midfielder, much as described here (http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/evo ... c-fabregas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) he could be a decent acquisition. It's difficult to pick him in that role over say Ramsey, but perhaps you're right and he might be better than Costa (with the saving too) as early Chelsea coverage if he is playing in that role. Will be something to keep an eye on in the friendlies.

magicdave
Red & Blue Braces

Post by magicdave »

Mav3rick wrote:

If Fabregas is basically Lampard v2 then I agree he could be decent, although I doubt he will have the pens. As a box-to-box midfielder, much as described here (http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/evo ... c-fabregas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) he could be a decent acquisition. It's difficult to pick him in that role over say Ramsey, but perhaps you're right and he might be better than Costa (with the saving too) as early Chelsea coverage if he is playing in that role. Will be something to keep an eye on in the friendlies.
I think Fabregas will get goals and assists wherever he is put. That's his game, and he's proven it every single season since he broke through at Arsenal.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

magicdave wrote: I think Fabregas will get goals and assists wherever he is put. That's his game, and he's proven it every single season since he broke through at Arsenal.
Yes, but the question is will he get enough of them for his price in FPL. His position in the team, and particularly the freedom or not he is afforded to influence play, are key to that. We've seen a few differing opinions of how he might be utilised, the box-to-box model seems most likely to me, but we need to see how effective he is, perhaps in pre-season performances, before deciding. Any other position, on him or Costa right now is just a guess.

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

magicdave wrote:

Mourinho knows what he wants for his team and he knows the Spanish players very well. I don't think he would get it so badly wrong.
Casillas and Mata would argue that point.

What does Nationality have to do with it anyway?

Mourhino knows strikers, Kezman, Shevchenko, Torres and Robben, none of those have done as well as they should have done under him, he sent Lukaku away, they probably would have won the league had they kept him and his only real success has been Drogba who excelled after he left as well.

Its safe to say that the striker department is not his strongest strength in management.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Said earlier/ elsewhere that Barkley would have been preferable to Fab for that role, simply for the extra years to come. But we have Fab, proven performer, he will do well for us.

We'll score 70+ this season, how many more, who knows? He'll get and assist his fair share.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

gunnersaurus wrote:

...and there you have it, no 'club bias' here, just someone that watches football as opposed to studying the numbers.

Quality post.
Lol he's a clueless yank. You are making yourself out to be not much better superhans.
"will be out of his element with the physical nature of the defenses in the Prem." lool physicality is costa's main strength.
Football fans are so fickle, everybody was raving about Costa for Atletico. He has a couple of poor games for Spain and he's shite :lol:

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Wait till Shawcross and Huth get their hands on him, more yellows and reds than goals.

Bookmark this.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Costa is a hard nut, that's for sure, certainly no softie. But he's a wait and see for me.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

gunnersaurus wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

Tells you all you need to know about Mourhino's confidence in Costa.
What were your views when Arsenal re-signed an ageing Thierry Henry?

I personally thought it was an excellent signing. I didn't think he'd get very much game time but his experience could only have a positive effect on the strikers already at Arsenal.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Crooker wrote:
gunnersaurus wrote:

Quality post.
Lol he's a clueless yank. You are making yourself out to be not much better superhans.
"will be out of his element with the physical nature of the defenses in the Prem." lool physicality is costa's main strength.
Football fans are so fickle, everybody was raving about Costa for Atletico. He has a couple of poor games for Spain and he's shite :lol:
Clueless yank :roll: ...how much of Costa have you actually watched play? Just because he is big doesn't mean physicality is his main strength. Several scouting reports actually had the "physical" hold up play as the weakest part of his game. Since I'm just a clueless yank perhaps you could enlighten me as to what you have seen to make you think Costa will be successful in the prem?

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

I'm guessing he won't be replying.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Don't know about Crooker but choosing between 1) the opinion of one of the best coaches in the world who thinks he's up to it over 2) the opinion of a couple of armchair football fans on an internet forum who don't....I'm going to go with option 1. :lol:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Costa was the only striker on he market, pound to a penny he preferred Falcao

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Maldini wrote:Don't know about Crooker but choosing between 1) the opinion of one of the best coaches in the world who thinks he's up to it over 2) the opinion of a couple of armchair football fans on an internet forum who don't....I'm going to go with option 1. :lol:
2 things.

1.) Speak for yourself re the armchair thing.

2.)If you come on here expecting to converse with the best managers in the world than you are a bigger idiot than you came across in that last post, you come on here for opinions from armchair fans and non armchair fans.

Peace...out.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

1) I'm a season ticket holder.

2) I'm well aware that it's highly likely I'll be conversing with opinionated people like yourself and not the best managers in the world. I was just highlighting how daft it would be for people to even consider your opinion on a player over that of Mourinho. :lol:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

So what's the point playing fpl then? Jose kept picking Torres

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Fergie bought Ralph Milne and Bebe

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Billy Bongo wrote:Fergie bought Ralph Milne and Bebe
Happy anniversary Billy. 4,000 posts in a year :shock:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Maldini wrote:
2) I'm well aware that it's highly likely I'll be conversing with opinionated people like yourself and not the best managers in the world. I was just highlighting how daft it would be for people to even consider your opinion on a player over that of Mourinho. :lol:
If it weren't for opinions there'd be no football as there'd be no interest. Do you really think that Mourinho, or anyone else for that matter, is flawless in their judgement? If he was so smart we'd have won the title being perfectly positioned with 4 games to play, but his team choice/ tactics sucked big time in our final 2 home games, he lost us the title. And in no small part that was down to his failure to buy a striker in January, he promised at the time that we'd see why he waited, I think many of us are thinking that a title in the hand and maybe a better shot at the CL would have been worth whatever the cost for someone then and there.

Costa may turn out to be a great striker for us but that's hope rather than any degree of belief. Drogba or Ivanovich could easily turn out to be top scorer for us this coming season.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Where have I said that he's never wrong?

All I've said was, and I'm 100% correct, is that I value his opinion over that of a guy who thinks he's the next Guardiola just because he's quite good at FPL. :D

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Mav3rick wrote:
Billy Bongo wrote:Fergie bought Ralph Milne and Bebe
Happy anniversary Billy. 4,000 posts in a year :shock:
That's business life in hotels for you

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”