To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW36 Transfers - Deadline: Saturday April 26th, 11:30am

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
dreamrecruitment
Red & Blue Braces

Re: GW36 Transfers - Deadline: Saturday April 26th, 11:30am

Post by dreamrecruitment »

Knowing Arsenal (I'm a season ticket holder), they will play the game. The 0-0 Man Utd game was due to be played during strikes a couple of months ago, when arsenal released a statement saying the game would go ahead irrelevant. (I was going to get on a boris bike)

If these go ahead, the strikes start at 21.00 on Monday, the game is well into the second half by then and arsenal won't be to worried about fans getting home.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Stemania wrote:
The Catman wrote:
Stemania wrote:Silva is a definite sell for me now. Problem is, there don't seem to be any definite buys - will grudgingly go for Mata I guess.
Already got Mata and Nasri, Silva has to go but who for?? Don't fancy Gerrard against Chelsea, was going to go Ramsey until this doubt about LU. Might have to be Eriksen or Lallana....
I'd be very tempted to sneak Yaya back in if I were you, but it is a bit risky. There seems to be a dearth of any inspiring midfield picks atm.

If Hazard is declared fit for the weekend he could be a cheeky differential...
Thanks, but I will wait a week before bringing Yaya back in - no rush before the DGW.

Am scared about Hazard as my ML leader (by 5 pts currently), has him so I'd like to see him still injured or saved for the Athletico second leg

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The Catman wrote:
Stemania wrote:Silva is a definite sell for me now. Problem is, there don't seem to be any definite buys - will grudgingly go for Mata I guess.
Already got Mata and Nasri, Silva has to go but who for?? Don't fancy Gerrard against Chelsea, was going to go Ramsey until this doubt about LU. Might have to be Eriksen or Lallana....
In terms of form based on involvement last week and the week before, the most attractive but not obvious selections to me are Cazorla, Willian and Arnautovic, but I think you'd struggle to put any in ahead of the likes of Mata, Ramsey or Eriksen.

Liverpool leak goals so I'd not be dismissive of a Chelsea forward player and GW37 is very favourable too.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Re: the tube strike, the game has to be played, and there's only a few weeks left to the season. Ramsey still looks a good pick to me.

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

eastcentral1 wrote:Re: the tube strike, the game has to be played, and there's only a few weeks left to the season. Ramsey still looks a good pick to me.
And even if it's not, it means a DGW for him in GW37. Tempted to beat yet another price rise tonight (Mirallas drop too).

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

Is Silva definately out of the weekend game?

Have you all transfered him out yet?

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

gunnersaurus wrote:Is Silva definately out of the weekend game?

Have you all transfered him out yet?

I have not heard but have already moved out. It allowed me to get in Rooney. Would have liked to wait but would have been drops for Lukaku and Silva and rises for Ramsey and Rooney which would have priced me out of the players I wanted :roll:

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Just transfered Silva out.

With the doubts over this weekend and being very unlikely to take part in both of the DGW fixtures it's money to invest elsewhere imo.

Silva :arrow: Ramsey
Lukaku :arrow: Rooney (c)

-4 points

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Lukaku + Mirallas :arrow: Rooney + £7.3m Midfielder.

Ramsey seems the obvious and popular choice but am a little bit tempted with sterling (already have suarez and gerrard though). Any thoughts ?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

redcat1 wrote:Lukaku + Mirallas :arrow: Rooney + £7.3m Midfielder.

Ramsey seems the obvious and popular choice but am a little bit tempted with sterling (already have suarez and gerrard though). Any thoughts ?
It would depend on Sturridge for me, as I think Sterling likely to be a certain starter and get more points if he's missing.

On current form Sterling's a good choice regardless but I'd side with Rambo because it's Newcastle.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Collins :arrow: Chester

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:Thinking of :

Gerrard :arrow: Mata
Lukaku :arrow: Rooney
Lallana :arrow: Ramsey (-8)

Defence looks shit aswell this week.
I have already done Rooney and Ramsey in for -4. I'm definitely bringing Mata in for the double just not sure whether to bring him in for Norwich or keep Gerrard for one more week.

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

Willij5 wrote:Already done Lallana :arrow: Ramsey Sunday evening.

Contemplating Silva :arrow: Cazorla (2 Arsenal mids for Newcastle and west Brom, but how do I get Yaya back in? see next transfer).

Lukaku :arrow: Rooney (would have done this GW37 anyway, but cannot just do this transfer without generating funds elsewhere, hence second transfer above).

Will think long and hard about that second transfer.
Silva :arrow: sterling done (-4)

Will hold off on lukaku :arrow: Rooney until closer to weekend, yaya falling helps come gw37 when all being well he comes in for eriksen.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

MartyBhoy7 wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote:Thinking of :

Gerrard :arrow: Mata
Lukaku :arrow: Rooney
Lallana :arrow: Ramsey (-8)

Defence looks shit aswell this week.
I have already done Rooney and Ramsey in for -4. I'm definitely bringing Mata in for the double just not sure whether to bring him in for Norwich or keep Gerrard for one more week.
I'd keep Gerrard for one more week, as the way these end of season injuries keep piling up, other matters could be a priority after the weekend.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Bah. I have Terry (out for domestic season), Silva (out for most of the good games), Dzeko (bit rubbish again, maybe rotated with Negredo/Jovetic) and a lack of Rooney. I've already used my FT and I'm trying to fight off the urge for a big hit involving Dzeko to Rooney (couldn't do this on its own - £0.1m short).

Marshall / Mannone
Terry / Azpi / Koscielny / Olsson / Coleman
Mata / Eriksen / Ramsey / Silva / Colback
Suarez / Aguero / Dzeko
£4.2m in the bank

I'm 49 points clear in my ML, but I expect little indulgences might cost me dear. Maybe I'll leave my players in and hope for the best.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

wibble_mcwoo wrote:Bah. I have Terry (out for domestic season), Silva (out for most of the good games), Dzeko (bit rubbish again, maybe rotated with Negredo/Jovetic) and a lack of Rooney. I've already used my FT and I'm trying to fight off the urge for a big hit involving Dzeko to Rooney (couldn't do this on its own - £0.1m short).

Marshall / Mannone
Suarez / Aguero / Dzeko
£4.2m in the bank

I'm 49 points clear in my ML, but I expect little indulgences might cost me dear. Maybe I'll leave my players in and hope for the best.
I'd be taking the 8 point hit. Terry > Jones or Smalling then Dzeko > Rooney.

You're going to have to take a hit next week anyway as Rooney is going to be the ideal captain for DGW37. You'll stand a good chance of gaining at least the remaining -4 back on a MU defender and Rooney this week and you'll then have a free transfer to use next week to bring another DGW player in.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

CupidStunt000 wrote:
wibble_mcwoo wrote:Bah. I have Terry (out for domestic season), Silva (out for most of the good games), Dzeko (bit rubbish again, maybe rotated with Negredo/Jovetic) and a lack of Rooney. I've already used my FT and I'm trying to fight off the urge for a big hit involving Dzeko to Rooney (couldn't do this on its own - £0.1m short).

Marshall / Mannone
Suarez / Aguero / Dzeko
£4.2m in the bank

I'd be taking the 8 point hit. Terry > Jones or Smalling then Dzeko > Rooney.

You're going to have to take a hit next week anyway as Rooney is going to be the ideal captain for DGW37. You'll stand a good chance of gaining at least the remaining -4 back on a MU defender and Rooney this week and you'll then have a free transfer to use next week to bring another DGW player in.
Well that's certainly true - the DGW makes it a -2 certainly. Bit risky going for a Man U defender though - I was thinking Zaba, or to keep money free for Yaya, a cheapo with decent fixtures.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

City no clean sheet in 5 (basically since I brought Zaba in) although no guarantees with United defence, just cheaper

Really no idea what Giggs will do either, will he bring in top buddy Rio? The City defender and Rooney combo may be the best bet imo

dreamrecruitment
Red & Blue Braces

Post by dreamrecruitment »

Have Terry and looking at switching him to Jones. 3 home games out of 4 (and easier on paper) + player reaction is swinging it for me. Whereas city strategy is similar to Liverpool which is to score more than the opposition.

This would give me a -8 though after luka/silva to ramsey/rooney yesterday.

norsemark
Treebeard

Post by norsemark »

Time to unload on Chelsea stock?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... abramovich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or at least find a way to ensure sufficient coverage if this does indeed happen. Many, like me, may have two CHE defenders and would need to consider the possibility that neither of them are fielded.

Already gone Lukaku -> Rooney for GW36 but may now have to supplement it with a Cahill -> Arsenal defender, and that's before even considering what best to do with Silva.

Aaaargh.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

If Jose does that it will be the biggest story this season if not for many more. Throwing in a title when he's potentially only one win away from it is ludicrous, Liverpool could easily slip up as their players are untried and tested under this pressure.

It's awful if it's true

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

With three games left (for single GW37 players), defenders are going to struggle to make up a points hit. If you take on Mertesacker, then he needs a clean sheet just to break even while Cahill then plays NOR followed by the final game lottery.

I'm not saying it's definitely a bad idea (I've been looking at Mertesacker, going for a goal threat, bonus and clean sheet potential), but there's very little time to make up the hit unless you bring in a City or Utd defender. If City had a nicer looking game this week I'd consider Zabaleta, especially if you had Terry rather than a playing defender like Cahill.

It's a tight call though :?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Billy Bongo wrote:If Jose does that it will be the biggest story this season if not for many more. Throwing in a title when he's potentially only one win away from it is ludicrous, Liverpool could easily slip up as their players are untried and tested under this pressure.

It's awful if it's true
It's just Mourinho mind games. He wants Liverpool to feel under pressure to beat the "under-strength" Chelsea kids when in reality he was always going to make 4 changes minimum anyway (Ivanovic, Matic, Salah, Ba/Eto'o). He's got no choice but to play Schwarzer, and would probably have played Oscar as well so that's 6 changes.

Just Mourinho spin.... he's not nearly as clever as he thinks he is :mrgreen:

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Billy Bongo wrote:If Jose does that it will be the biggest story this season if not for many more. Throwing in a title when he's potentially only one win away from it is ludicrous, Liverpool could easily slip up as their players are untried and tested under this pressure.

It's awful if it's true
The title has gone for Chelsea. Even if they beat Liverpool, they would need them to lose again against either palace or newcastle and for city to also drop points which is highly unlikely. Its understandable that he would put all of his eggs in the champions league basket.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

norsemark wrote:Time to unload on Chelsea stock?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... abramovich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or at least find a way to ensure sufficient coverage if this does indeed happen. Many, like me, may have two CHE defenders and would need to consider the possibility that neither of them are fielded.

Already gone Lukaku -> Rooney for GW36 but may now have to supplement it with a Cahill -> Arsenal defender, and that's before even considering what best to do with Silva.

Aaaargh.
Similar dilemma here. I've already taken a 4pt hit to bring in Ramsey and Rooney but still have Silva to get rid of and also azpiliqueta and Bruce both likely not to play.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

GW36 Transfers - Deadline: Saturday April 26th, 11:30am

Post by Billy Bongo »

gooberman wrote:

It's awful if it's true
The title has gone for Chelsea. Even if they beat Liverpool, they would need them to lose again against either palace or newcastle and for city to also drop points which is highly unlikely. Its understandable that he would put all of his eggs in the champions league basket.
I disagree. Mourinho is a disgrace if he does this.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Billy Bongo wrote:
gooberman wrote:

It's awful if it's true
Mav3rick makes a good point earlier re-the likely changes he'd have made anyway, certainly playing Matic and Salah who aren't available for their far more important (to Chelsea) semi-final second leg match.

It's hard to see any argument in favour of the weekend's game being anything but secondary to Chelsea as any realistic title chance has gone, while they now have at worst a 50/50 chance of the Champions league final.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Being secondary is one thing. That's simply for Mourinho and his club to decide. Dropping players when the league is far from mathematically certain is disgraceful . He should be trying to win everything until he can't.

Rotation is to be expected. Giving up on the league and dropping your first team isn't.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Chelsea beat Liverpool

Liverpool draw away at Palace and Chelsea batter Norwich they are dead level going into the last game.

Chelsea have Cardiff and Liverpool Newcastle.

Why on earth is this even a debate? If it's true I will lose all respect for Mourinho

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Billy Bongo wrote:
gooberman wrote:

It's awful if it's true
He's a disgrace anyway. As gooberman says elsewhere neutrals no longer have any affection for Chelsea. Whilst I was pleased that they won the CL under di Matteo, I hope Athletico slaughter them next week. Why anyone would pay to watch that anti-football is beyond me.

Back on topic, only saving grace at the moment is that closest rivals are struggling with injuries too.
Question seems to be how many point hits are needed this week.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”