To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Monthly total query

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
jp1
Cheetah

Monthly total query

Post by jp1 »

Quick question about FPL. In our private league we have a prize for each month. Looking at the fixtures for the next gameweek, 6 of the teams don't play until the 1st of september. I assume those points will go to the september total? Am I right? Any help my save an argument! :D

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Monthly total query

Post by Mr Clarinet »

If you go to the page with your league's league table, then at the top right of the table there is a box marked "FILTER". The default table is "Overall" but if you open the drop-down menu you will see options for the monthly and quarterly tables too. So, after the end of the month (maybe wait until all the gameweek's updating and assist reviews are done) you can click on "August" and you will see the table you need (and similarly after the end of subsequent months). Save you any hassle over making what someone might claim was an arbitrary decision, especially if you had a conflict of interest. Use the stats the game gives you, tell everyone that's what is happening.

jp1
Cheetah

Post by jp1 »

Yeah, makes sense, but I need to know beforehand. If the points from Sunday's games are counted for the month of September, I will use my wildcard to bring in players that will play on the Saturday. This should ensure I win the month.

Thats why I need to know are the points done on a calendar basis or on full gameweek basis. It could be crucial to my plan. No response from the official site....

WHATEVER
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Under construction

Post by WHATEVER »

What gameweek points contribute to what month is buried in the rules on fpls website.

August Gameweek 1 Gameweek 3
September Gameweek 4 Gameweek 6
October Gameweek 7 Gameweek 9
November Gameweek 10 Gameweek 13
December Gameweek 14 Gameweek 19
January Gameweek 20 Gameweek 23
February Gameweek 24 Gameweek 27
March Gameweek 28 Gameweek 32
April Gameweek 33 Gameweek 36
May Gameweek 37 Gameweek 38

10Hughes
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 10Hughes »

WHATEVER wrote:What gameweek points contribute to what month is buried in the rules on fpls website.

So for gameweek 3 (which starts in August), even the Sunday fixtures which are played on 1st September count towards the August totals?

I only ask as i'm the league administrator for my cash league. I'll leave it for the tables to be fully calculated before I pay out any monies though!

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

10Hughes wrote:
WHATEVER wrote:What gameweek points contribute to what month is buried in the rules on fpls website.

So for gameweek 3 (which starts in August), even the Sunday fixtures which are played on 1st September count towards the August totals?

I only ask as i'm the league administrator for my cash league. I'll leave it for the tables to be fully calculated before I pay out any monies though!
ya . gwks 1-3 count for august. whoever is top of ur lge come monday night will have won it for month 1.

jp1
Cheetah

Post by jp1 »

Damn, that ruins my masterplan. Thanks though, saved me wasting my wildcard!

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

why dont fpl deduct transfer pts for the first gwk of a month?but every other gwk of the month they do.

two guys top on 107.the guy in 3rd spent 8 pts and got 105 and hes only 2 behind?yet for the next 2 gwks of september transfer pts will be deducted...

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Just one of the quirks of the rules. Well worth knowing though if you play a cash league with a monthly prize. Bring a 4ph forward a week to avoid it counting in the month, for example.

10Hughes
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 10Hughes »

Woah there, what's all this about extra transfer points not being deducted?

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

If you take a 4PH before the first gameweek of the month (Like this one) it doesn't knock points off either the last month nor the new one. It still knocks points off your overall total, so it's not free as such.

10Hughes
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 10Hughes »

Interesting. I definitely did not know that. As long as it still takes it off the overall score, that's alright. I thought I was missing one almighty tactic there for a moment.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

BobMem wrote:Just one of the quirks of the rules. Well worth knowing though if you play a cash league with a monthly prize. Bring a 4ph forward a week to avoid it counting in the month, for example.
yes. im in a cash lge where only prizes are awarded per each month.every month winner gets 150 if they are top. if september ended tonight the guy on top with 74 wud take it having spent 8 extra pts on transfers but not been docked it.the guy in 2nd on 72 having spent no extra. i will make 15 transfers before octobers first gwk. shud set me up well

brownie30
FISOhead
FS Record: 2009/10 FPL 377th. 2011/12 FPL Fantasy Knockout Cup Semi Finalist

Post by brownie30 »

This all sounds as confusing as Bonus Points...

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Because the September competition is treated as starting at 11:30 on 14 Sep, so any transfers made before that deadline are 'free' for the purposes of the September competition. Just like you got to make a million free transfers before 11:30 on 17 Aug for your season effort.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

reds363 wrote:Because the September competition is treated as starting at 11:30 on 14 Sep, so any transfers made before that deadline are 'free' for the purposes of the September competition. Just like you got to make a million free transfers before 11:30 on 17 Aug for your season effort.
good point. plenty of guys in the monthly money lge im in are in other money lgs with same team. so hopefully i will take advantage by making 15 freebies before octobers first gwk.its the only money lge im in so no harm done if i finish last overall

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

reds363 wrote:Because the September competition is treated as starting at 11:30 on 14 Sep, so any transfers made before that deadline are 'free' for the purposes of the September competition. Just like you got to make a million free transfers before 11:30 on 17 Aug for your season effort.
But that theory would only work if those transfers before 14 Sept, got deducted in August's monthly points - but they don't. I run a cash mini league with 60+ and for the last few seasons I always have to look at the first GW of the month for all monthly awards to ensure the winner and runner up are correctly recognized.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

stuboy wrote:
But that theory would only work if those transfers before 14 Sept, got deducted in August's monthly points
Why? Ignore any notion that the sum of your score in each month's competition must equal your total season score. It's just a separate competition.

Your season score is your August score + penalties taken between Aug/Sep + your Sep score + penalties between Sep/Oct + ... etc

Just like your season score is your GW1 score + penalties between GW1/2 + GW2 score + penalties between GW2/3 + ... etc

Penalties are NOT part of GW scores. They fall in between.

Some side-comps decide to add the previous week's penalties to a GW score to determine a result e.g. in a H2H, or like in your case for your monthly awards. But that is not how the main game or monthlies are designed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”