To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Virgin Media Fantasy Football - I WON

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Virgin Media Fantasy Football
Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Virgin Media Fantasy Football - I WON

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Feeling a bit emotional, but I think I've won this game..
Did my best to throw a near 100 point lead away and was 2nd overnight thinking I may have blown it.
However if my calculations are correct I've just about held on.
Can hardly believe it :D :D :D
Get in :!: :!: :wink:
Last edited by Conqueror Worm on 27 May 2009, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

postie
Treebeard

Re: Virgin Media Fantasy Football

Post by postie »

Hope you are right, just pray Ramos doesn't get sent off tonight and Real don't concede a bagful.

Congratulations if you have won :D

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Post by Conqueror Worm »

You read my mind mate :lol:
Just posted something similar in the other thread.
Its certainly a great prize just hope the prize list doesn't :) change

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Well that was an interesting and fairly dramatic end to the last 9 months :o

Real conceding 3, Ramos booked, and hacking everyone in sight, scoring minus 3 and if sent off would lose me the game right at the death..

Thanks for making it so interesting Sergio :twisted:

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

I bet that was the worst 90 minutes you have ever had to watch!

Now you just have to wait for confirmation that you have won :D , i bet you didn't sleep very well last night!

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

Well done CW. :D

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Thanks guys.
It was horrible to watch - I thought maybe I'd jinxed it by starting to celebrate too soon.
Now just got to wait for confirmation and arrange delivery of all these prizes :D

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

Well done mate, you led for ages so to lose at the death would have been a major blow, congrats :D

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

melvin wrote:Well done mate, you led for ages so to lose at the death would have been a major blow, congrats :D
Cheers fella :D

Was completely devastated on Saturday night - I'd been overtaken and thought I'd lost it.
Made it all the sweeter on the Sunday though when I knew I'd just about held on.
First time I've won a big prize so intend to make the most of it :twisted: :wink:

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

Conqueror Worm wrote:First time I've won a big prize so intend to make the most of it :twisted: :wink:
I suspect it won't be the last either - time to find my Conqueror Worm voodoo doll ahead of next season. :wink: :lol:

Well done mate. 8-)

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Virgin Media Fantasy Football - I WON

Post by GM »

Well done CW

sts
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: VM2009-2nd, FFF2009 - 2nd, Espnstar2010 - 2nd, Pundit2011 - Winner, ArabianBusiness2011 - Winner, Espnstar Cup 2011 - Winner, Espnstar 2 Half - Winner, FFF2011 - Winner (tie), Espnstar 2012 Winner, Fanxt 2012 - Winner. Classic 2014/15 - 5th

Post by sts »

Conqueror Worm wrote:Feeling a bit emotional, but I think I've won this game..
Did my best to throw a near 100 point lead away and was 2nd overnight thinking I may have blown it.

you have luck what the game was finisched 24.05.2009

but not 31.05.2009

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

sts wrote:

but not 31.05.2009

No luck about it, the rules stated the finishing date from the start, sounds a little like sour grapes

Glory Hornet
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 1st SportsPundit.com 09/10

Post by Glory Hornet »

Well done CW, absolutely deserved as you led for virtually the whole season. I finished 9th but dont think I ever got closer than getting to within 80 points of you all season!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

sts wrote:

but not 31.05.2009
Ooh, looks like from a russian email address. Perhaps we can say welcome to the forum, Zenit!

Well done CW, and good luck with getting the prizes from virgin (unlike the five months i had to wait from them once), but would imagine you'll be ok as the prize list seemed to be one of every promotional item they'd got sent in the last year - they need to free up some office space no doubt!

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Foreverengland - :shock: :lol:
Thanks mate was a close thing but made it. Cheers for your advice earlier in the season, I reckon that gave me the edge :twisted:

GM - Thanks for your support and comment - appreciated that 8-)

GloryHornet - Cheers fella, you had a good side but as Zenit discovered it can be hard to close such a big lead :P :wink:
At least you won a monthly earlier in the season, so overall a successful season for yourself :!:

Quizking - think you've hit the nail on the head with that one :lol:
He has also changed his team name to "Zenit-I come back to win "

I'm all for a bit of banter but he could at least have said well done to :wink: :twisted:

Don't want to say too much at this stage but already there is a slight conflict regarding the advertised prize (not the prizes themselves but the value) as initially it was advertised as £15,000 worth of electrical's and now its apparently "more than £5000" worth..

The prize page even said £15,000 of electricals, something that has been confirmed by 5 or 6 people already, so it wasn't as if I imagined it :shock: :evil:

So far I was sent a link to the now changed prize page and terms and conditions.....
As if to say "look its always been that and here's the proof"

However, its easy to change the TOC half way through or at any time - as has happened in the 711 game where there was meant to be a prize for half season league. I sent several emails asking why the half table never updated and was told it was updating...
Now I see the prize (a goodie bag or an Xbox I think) is not mentioned and there is nothing about a half season league anymore.

Still in talks (although I've not heard back recently) about this because I think Virgin are trying to be a bit cute about this :x

If anyone else saw it advertised as "£15,000 of electrical's - the ultimate fans gadget package" would appreciate you shouting up and just confirming this was the case.
Thanks for everyone's comments
Its been emotional :roll:

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

Congrats CW just couldn't keep up with you..Hope you get these issues resolved..

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

http://fantasyfootball.virginmedia.com/ ... page=prize" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

does this help? - looks the same as i think it did at start of the season, ie before the half season prize was mentioned.

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Thanks for the effort quiz 8-) , sadly it doesn't mention a prize figure which they're claiming never existed.
Idea and co have confirmed my thought (well I know its just finding proof) that £15,000 was mentioned but all I can find is the old prize list...
Unfortunately I saved the link to the same page thinking it would be proof later in the season, but if they update the information the link just shows whatever the page is currently..

Foreverengland has told me despite this prize figure "mysteriously disappearing" to the best of his knowledge no prizes from the actual list were removed.

However the words "the prize includes" seems to indicate these were just "some" of the prizes as adding up everything included on the list doesn't come close to £15,000 even top of the range versions of everything :oops:
Either that or they can now get everything on the list much cheaper due to the credit crunch and so have removed the value to save money :twisted:

At first I thought it was a simple mistake, now I'm thinking someone has been quite devious to remove all traces of this prize figure.

SM have told me according to Virgin no monetary value was ever mentioned. That is simply not true but unless I can prove it or several people speak up here and say they also saw it was £15,000 (or even just say a figure was mentioned) then I'm probably going to get screwed :cry:

EDIT - Sorry if confused anyone - the half season prize was just meant to be an example of how terms can be changed without notice ( and was in the 711 game not the virgin game
http://711fantasyfootball.com/default.aspx?page=tc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Conqueror Worm on 02 Jun 2009, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

I remember the list of prizes being the same throughout the season (ie in August ) as it was that which attracted me to the game. As you say I do not think that list of prizes could ever have been worth 15k.

One other thing to bear in mind is that on the Saturday before the last matches you thought (and it looked like) you had won nothing so on that basis the list of prizes looks really good for what is a free game.

Add to that your 5k win in the free Metro game and things maybe don't look too bad :wink:

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Yeah, the Metro game has made me feel much better :wink: :lol:

and it is true I nearly blew it and got nothing :shock:
Just frustrating that suddenly the prize hasn't just halved its a 3rd of what I thought I'd won and what I maintain was originally advertised (and the fact others saw it seems to confirm I didn't just dream it :twisted:

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Conqueror Worm wrote:
If anyone else saw it advertised as "£15,000 of electrical's - the ultimate fans gadget package" would appreciate you shouting up and just confirming this was the case.
I have a copy of the T&Cs for the Virgin Media FF game which I downloaded on 31 July 2008 (terms of use stated as last updated on 1 June 2008). Don't think I entered this game but I tend to try and save a copy of the various FF game T&Cs in case of issues like this during or at the end of the season.

The relevant parts about prizes are as follows (although no specific vaue mentioned):

7.3 The winner of the overall season (30th August 2008 - 24th May 2009) competition will be the manager whose team has accumulated the most points throughout the competition. In the event that two or more teams have the same points, the manager that registered first will be deemed the winner.

The highest scoring manager at the end of the season will win an ultimate footy fan gadget package. The exact contents of this package will be confirmed within 28 days of the season close on 24th May 2009. Prizes will be of a similar nature and value as those outlined within the Game, however the exact prize package may differ from the items listed. The Promoter reserves the right to substitue any prize listed within the Game with an item of similar value and nature.

7.4 Team of the month prizes will be awarded to the highest scoring team each month (September 08 - May 09 inclusive). In the event that two or more teams have the same points, the manager that registered first will be deemed the winner. Only one team of the month prize may be won per entrant in the case of a second prize of the month being won the prize will defer to the next eligible entrant. The exact team of the month are as follows: - September 08 - 30/08/08 - 2/10/08, - October 08 - 3/10/08 - 6/11/08, - November 08 - 7/11/08 - 4/12/08, - December 08 - 5/12/08 - 1/1/09, - January 09 - 2/1/09 - 5/2/09, - February 09 - 6/2/09 - 5/3/09,- March 09 - 6/3/09 - 2/4/09, - April 09 - 3/4/09 - 7/5/09, - May - 8/5/09 - 24/5/09.

The team of the month winner will win a Sony PSP & a Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 game to go with it.

All teams that are registered in the game and in a mini-league with at least 10 members before the transfer window closes (Friday, 29th August 17.00 (UK Time)) will be entered into a prize draw to win 1 x Sony PlayStation 3 Console (40GB) + 1 x Pro Evolution Soccer 08 game for PS3 + 1 x Sony PSP handheld console + 1 x Pre Evolution Soccer 08 game for PSP.

7.5 Prize winner(s) will be notified by e-mail within 28 days of winning. All prizes are up to the discretion of the Promoter. Proof of identity may be required.

7.6 If you are a winner, you will have to respond to notification and complete and return additional legal documents to us within 28 days of receipt. Non-compliance or notification returned as "undeliverable as addressed" will result in your disqualification as a winner prizes will not be re-offered or deferred.

7.7 The receipt, by you if you are a winner, of any prize is conditional upon compliance with any and all laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, these Terms of Use.

7.8 Winners agree that neither the Company or Promoters nor their employees shall have any liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prizes. All prizes are fulfilled by the Promoter and are not the responsibility of the Company. Non-fulfilment of prizes must be taken up with the Promoter, whilst the Company will endeavour to ensure that all prizes are fulfilled within 3 months of the game completion, the Company cannot be held responsible for non-fulfilment of prizes.

7.9 Cash alternatives are not available instead of the specific prizes. Shipping of prizes applies to residents of the country the game is promoted in only, overseas winners are responsible any excess costs incurred in connection with shipping prizes to them. In the event of the prize not being available the Company will endeavor to provide a prize of a similar nature or provide a cash alternative at the company's sole discretion.

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Thanks for digging this out Admin, even if it doesn't show quite what I hoped it would.
Appreciate that 8-)
Ben

sts
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: VM2009-2nd, FFF2009 - 2nd, Espnstar2010 - 2nd, Pundit2011 - Winner, ArabianBusiness2011 - Winner, Espnstar Cup 2011 - Winner, Espnstar 2 Half - Winner, FFF2011 - Winner (tie), Espnstar 2012 Winner, Fanxt 2012 - Winner. Classic 2014/15 - 5th

Post by sts »

quizking wrote:
sts wrote:

but not 31.05.2009
Ooh, looks like from a russian email address. Perhaps we can say welcome to the forum, Zenit!
:) thks, it was my mistake, any another last transfer and Zenit - Superb, but.....

I have already forgotten, and I will try not to give odds (120 point in Mart)

regards

sts
Kevin and Perry

Post by sts »

quizking wrote:

!

thks,

its not a secret, Russian

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Welcome Zenit :wink:

Close finish for sure..
You did well.
Ramos, Muamba and Maniche were not good choices -with Maniche not playing, Ramos scoring minus points and my PSG striker not playing in the last 4 games it was like having 8 players...
Did use a transfer though replacing Maniche finally with Bastos who helped me just cling on along with Steven Gerrard 8-)
Well played fella :twisted:

sts
Kevin and Perry

Post by sts »

Conqueror Worm wrote:Welcome Zenit :wink:

Close finish for sure..
You did well.
Ramos, Muamba and Maniche were not good choices -with Maniche not playing, Ramos scoring minus points and my PSG striker not playing in the last 4 games it was like having 8 players...
Did use a transfer though replacing Maniche finally with Bastos who helped me just cling on along with Steven Gerrard 8-)
Well played fella :twisted:
Ramos , Maniche - yes

Muamba - ? certainly Lempard is better , but we have money limit

hi, for me Rio Ferdinand is a bad , 0 points May, very often injures

next season - NO RIO :)

regards

kcboing
Treebeard

Post by kcboing »

Followed this link to an ad for the Virgin game for 2009-10

http://fantasyfootball.virginmedia.com/ ... Nkq4WvA%3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks different to last season - just hope that it's not SM as I gave up on them a couple of seasons ago.

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Its going back to just Premiership players this season - more details to come soon - but expect a completely different lay out.

Having spoken to them on the phone no-one knows anything about £15,000 so I settled in the end for £5000 instead - if they say it was never 15k not much I can do 8-)

Except 10 prizes are missing/were missed off the deliverly :oops:

Also some of the items not quite as I had hoped (computer is not as good as my current one I've had for 4 years) etc - which has left me trying to exchange it with Comet without a receipt etc (the company involved wouldn't do it on my behalf :evil: )

Still thats down to personal preference, I just think money would be an easier - and far more enjoyable prize for next season...

My feedback for them based on my experience this year would be
1.Money is better - as electricals date easily in 12 months (especially computers)
2.Perhaps Vouchers if they don't want to send just money e.g £5000 to spend at Comet - that way you can choose what you want (some of the prizes were fantastic like an inflatable football pitch and beer pong table - its just finding a time when I'll use them)

3.More communication about which items are upgraded etc - IF prizes are again the prize next year.
As touched upon above many items were outdated - and in fairness to them they did update some of the items - including the TV'S. However the computer was not great and I would have preferred this upgrading than any other item...But how were they to know.

So these would be my comments - the missing items are being arranged to be delivered - the guy liaising that called Barri has been fantastic - he's just been let down by other people

Hopefully I'm not sounding too much like an ungrateful tusser :lol:
But been on the phone to Comet over an hour trying to find someone who knew about the order :|

Look forward to this seasons game
and defending my title :D :wink:

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

It's already clear that next season's game won't be run by SM, as SM have removed the link to virgin from their home page advertising games - though they've still got a couple of other links up. From virgin's own page, hard to see details, but looks like might be a type of game run by clever tv, or maybe even ism (who do the fpl and cyki games).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Virgin Media Fantasy Football”