To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Virgin Media Euro Football

A Fantasy Football forum for news and comment on Virgin Media Fantasy Football
postie
Treebeard

Re: Virgin Euro Football

Post by postie »

When did they add on the extra points for the spanish players?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

apparently last night - SM have seemingly awarded 3pts for a Spanish win, i.e. after the penalty shoot out, if what I've just been reading over on the Ladbrokes/Metro threads is anything to go by.They could just as easily disappear !

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

hmmmm and 'Any Old Irons' only 3 pts behind us..... :?

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

grob wrote:apparently last night - SM have seemingly awarded 3pts for a Spanish win, i.e. after the penalty shoot out, if what I've just been reading over on the Ladbrokes/Metro threads is anything to go by.They could just as easily disappear !
You're right! :shock: I've gone from 308 to 314 and now i'm on 310 :roll:
I think they have just deducted the croats points for the game with the turks.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Razorback wrote:16th :shock:
10th :shock:

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Razorback wrote:
Up to 6th now & only 5 points behind the overall leader :shock: (pity the prizes in this aren't up to much :roll: )...

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

Razorback wrote:
Razorback wrote:
Up to 6th now & only 5 points behind the overall leader :shock: (pity the prizes in this aren't up to much :roll: )...
Not up to much??? Are you kidding?

We are talking about two, not one, tickets to a Premiership game of your choice here! With a street value of about £50 this is one of the best prizes around (puts the YTM measly £125k to shame).

Lest we not forget the Dean Windass t-shirts! :shock:

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

foreverengland wrote:
We are talking about two, not one, tickets to a Premiership game of your choice here! With a street value of about £50 this is one of the best prizes around (puts the YTM measly £125k to shame).
If he chooses the Afc/United game at either ground top price tickets on the street normally you are looking at between £700 to £1000 a pair depends very much whats at stake :wink:

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

mikeg13 wrote:
foreverengland wrote:
If he chooses the Afc/United game at either ground top price tickets on the street normally you are looking at between £700 to £1000 a pair depends very much whats at stake :wink:
Well if I did win (which I more than likely won't :cry: ) Arsenal vs Man Utd would definitely be the game I'd opt for...

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Keep up the good wotk boys ..

1 virgin fisoer's 260 41
2 Any old Irons 253 12
3 Rotterdam 251 11
4 sack my cook 226 11
5 Hemel Harriers 220 16

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Well they are both right behind us.. Need a good result from everyone on Sunday..

1 virgin fisoer's 283 41
2 Any old Irons 282 12
3 Rotterdam 280 11
4 sack my cook 246 11
5 Hemel Harriers 240 16

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

If Germany win then i think we will win.
Come on the germans :shock:

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

postie wrote:If Germany win then i think we will win.
Come on the germans :shock:
Yes i would agree we would win but tbh reckon Spain will do it... But hey who knows....at least it should be a good final...

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

grob wrote:
Chuck Taylor wrote:After these dodgy tactics of recruiting 'above average team score' teams into the league (mine included) to up our average and I know the rules do not state that you cannot do this so were within our rights to do it, I can see virgin getting the hump and causing some kind of problems for us getting our t shirts, bet any old irons are fuming watching our team member numbers going up aswell as our average score! Surely they have googled 'fiso' if they hadn't heard of it before and found this thread so here's my message to them and rotterdam....

No prizes for second place guys!
I don't think there's anything "dodgy" whatsoever about inviting existing Fiso members who've been in this Virgin game from the outset,to join the Fiso league, which they'd not realised existed.

You need a minimum of 10 teams for a league to be eligible for the "League of Leagues" competition,and guess what,most of the other leagues have around that many members, whereas our league of about 40 has been open to anyone to join, regardless of their score, despite the average score of the entire league membership,not just the top 5 or 10 teams, being the criteria for awarding prizes.

Also, despite our league having been formed at the start of the competition,whereas many of those we're competing against, waited to select their members with the highest scores by the June 16th deadline for new leagues to enter in time to qualify,we're still up there with approx 40 members battling against the odds - a remarkable achievement in itself, whether or not we manage to win,I think.

You can bet your life that many of the other minileagues will be trying to recruit new members with decent scores,to boost their average,and there is likely to be considerable duplication of league membership in some rival leagues,all within the rules,as a team can join up to 10 minileagues, whereas I don't think that applies to any of our members.

We haven't advertised for new members for our league,just drawn the attention of it's existence to another Fisoer, idea, at Uncle Onion's suggestion,as yourself Chuck, and kcboing, both found your own way here.

We do need to keep an eye on any late applicants now however,as Uncle Onion suggested, as these competitions are notorious for attracting saboteurs from competing leagues, seeking to bring down a rival league's average score.

I felt it important to set the record straight,as quite unintentionally,Chuck may otherwise have jeopardised our chances of winning a precious T-shirt each, for as he's pointed out, Silent Manager,Virgin, and rival minileagues are able to read everything said here,with it being an open public forum,and we have absolutely nothing to hide.
I play the Ladbrokes game and had a late entrant added to my FISO1 Mini League after the deadline for setting up Mini Leagues. In Ladbrokes, I have now been looking at the average scores of teams in the League of Leagues and noticed they are not the same as those in the Mini League. Only those entrants who were in the mini league by the deadline contribute to the League of Leagues.
I confirmed the above is the case with Silent Manager in relation to Ladbrokes league of leagues.

I am also in the Virgin league and the average currently is 286 pts for the teams in the league whereas in League of Leagues it is 283 so looks like the same principle applies.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Totally baffled here....Tell me if i'm wrong, but our totals are 11739 with 41 teams is that not an average of 286?..Has TJ's always been in the league its 5 transfers and still has Croations, Romanians etc in team.it was Worthys Originals the other day that was clearly bottom where has this team come from was it always there :? :?

Also note Villa is out..Checked Rotterdam and Any Old irons teams they have some teams with 0 transfers left and Villa in their teams plus some Dutch, Rusiian players so leave your transfers as late as possible....could be crucial..

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

If Silent Manager are excluding teams who joined after June 16th,it's yet another example of them not abiding by their own rules,following their recent addition of 3pts win bonuses to players not entitled to them,as the match scores were level before the penalty shootouts,so only 1pt for the draw should have been allocated to such players.

It's also very unfair to players they have been encouraging,and still are, on their website to join a minileague,without mentioning that they won't be eligible for any prize won by the M/L.

It presumably means that if we win the League of Leagues,Virgin won't send a T-shirt to those(3 ?) who joined after 16th June,and aren't taking their scores into account either.

Yet,as our volunteer League Administrator,TSO, has admitted everyone who applied to join our league,without even knowing their Fiso username,so they can't be contacted, we have a situation where the score of The T J's for example, is counted in our average,despite never having made a single transfer since the game started :evil: The final game won't help him either - he has only 1 German and 1(non-playing)Spanish player in his team,which includes Romanians and a French player who never played.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

grob wrote:The T J's for example, is counted in our average,despite never having made a single transfer since the game started :evil: The final game won't help him either - he has only 1 German and 1(non-playing)Spanish player in his team,which includes Romanians and a French player who never played.
This annoys me more than any cock-up by SM b/c this happens year in, year out and on every game. I can sort of understand signing up then, if your team is way out of contention, getting bored but just signing up and doing bigger all is rude and unfair*!

(*obviously this post is generic and if there are specific reasons for lack of activity they obviously supersede fantasy sports!)

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

DrBunker wrote:
grob wrote:The T J's for example, is counted in our average,despite never having made a single transfer since the game started :evil: The final game won't help him either - he has only 1 German and 1(non-playing)Spanish player in his team,which includes Romanians and a French player who never played.
This annoys me more than any cock-up by SM b/c this happens year in, year out and on every game. I can sort of understand signing up then, if your team is way out of contention, getting bored but just signing up and doing bigger all is rude and unfair*!

(*obviously this post is generic and if there are specific reasons for lack of activity they obviously supersede fantasy sports!)
Unless there's a very good reason,the only other possible mitigating claim that The T J's might make would be that he/she didn't realise their score would be taken into account,whether they abandoned their team or not.

It does however illustrate, once again,the importance of making admission to a Fiso league conditional upon the applicant posting their team name in the league thread,and the League Administrator not admitting them to the league until they've done so.

Even that is no guarantee that the person concerned is not a trojan horse,but it reduces the likelihood.

When I posted earlier,I hadn't seen 278494WS's post implying that maybe Scopsm's calculator is in need of an MOT,so perhaps everyone's in after all ! :wink: (I became aware of his post when I pressed "Submit" but was reluctant to start again from scratch)

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

278494ws wrote:Totally baffled here....Tell me if i'm wrong, but our totals are 11739 with 41 teams is that not an average of 286?..Has TJ's always been in the league its 5 transfers and still has Croations, Romanians etc in team.it was Worthys Originals the other day that was clearly bottom where has this team come from was it always there :?
I think you are wrong,actually 278494ws:) If the total points scored by our 41 teams is 11739,as you say, that's an average of 286,but,as scopsm pointed out, in the League of Leagues table,it shows us with only 283, just one point ahead of any old irons and 3 points ahead of Rotterdam

The T J's were one place above Worthys Originals prior to last night's game, despite never having made ANY transfers from the start,but Worthys Originals whilst being another team admitted without divulging his Fisoname,or posting here, has at least been trying,and therefore will be entitled to his T-shirt if we win,in my view.

What would be really galling though,for the reasons expressed by Dr Bunker would be for The T J's to receive one, even if it's not a trojan horse team !!!

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

grob wrote:
278494ws wrote:Totally baffled here....Tell me if i'm wrong, but our totals are 11739 with 41 teams is that not an average of 286?..Has TJ's always been in the league its 5 transfers and still has Croations, Romanians etc in team.it was Worthys Originals the other day that was clearly bottom where has this team come from was it always there :?
I think you are wrong,actually 278494ws:) If the total points scored by our 41 teams is 11739,as you say, that's an average of 286,but,as scopsm pointed out, in the League of Leagues table,it shows us with only 283, just one point ahead of any old irons and 3 points ahead of Rotterdam

The T J's were one place above Worthys Originals prior to last night's game, despite never having made ANY transfers from the start,but Worthys Originals whilst being another team admitted without divulging his Fisoname,or posting here, has at least been trying,and therefore will be entitled to his T-shirt if we win,in my view.

What would be really galling though,for the reasons expressed by Dr Bunker would be for The T J's to receive one, even if it's not a trojan horse team !!!
Yes, we come to the same conclusion that 286 is the average score for the FISO league. The League of Leagues is showing 283 points (and my interpretation according to what is happening with Ladbrokes and confirmed by Silent Manager for Ladbrokes) is that only those entered by the deadline are included in the average for League of Leagues.

I thought this was clear from my original post :!:
I let Excel calculate it for me, by the way. 8-)

mkc0303
FISOhead

Post by mkc0303 »

I'm sitting in 9th in our league (29th overall) and have team made up of mainly spaniards. Had a quick scan and 6 of the 8 above me are mainly Germans but the other two (Bill Williams and athletico pathetico) have more spaniards than I do.
So, for the good of the team ............Here's hoping for a German victory to just about hold onto the League of Leagues

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

scopsm wrote:
grob wrote:

Yes, we come to the same conclusion that 286 is the average score for the FISO league. The League of Leagues is showing 283 points (and my interpretation according to what is happening with Ladbrokes and confirmed by Silent Manager for Ladbrokes) is that only those entered by the deadline are included in the average for League of Leagues.

Sorry SCOPSM maybe I didn't digest your post properly.. I think this league is anyone's for the taking and I'm unsure what resul ti want :? :? :? Therefore not sure which transfers to make ????

postie
Treebeard

Post by postie »

278494ws wrote:
scopsm wrote:
grob wrote:

Sorry SCOPSM maybe I didn't digest your post properly.. I think this league is anyone's for the taking and I'm unsure what resul ti want :? :? :? Therefore not sure which transfers to make ????
I'm sure a german win is the only way we can win it.

Ringo_the_Lion
Treebeard

Post by Ringo_the_Lion »

Oh well we lost out on winning a new t-shirt for next season :( , i'll just have to brave the elements and go bare chested again, thankfully Oldham away is in august and not during the winter months(or ice-age as its known in Oldham).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Virgin Media Fantasy Football”