To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

**Movie Scenes WC - GROUP VOTING OPEN TILL SAT**

FISO's Favourite Films
foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Re: The Greatest Movie Scenes World Cup 2013 discussion thre

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Are not technically brill and special effects too similar?

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Current 4 x FISO TFF Champion - Egg Cup League 3, Block League, Super6 League and Open XI League

Post by Dixon »

Not overly, but can be discussed. If they stay it always gives you 2 votes in similar categories, thoughts?

Nomination threads will go live around 2pm tomorrow, keep your eyes peeled to be one of the first 25.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Dixon wrote: It's first come first serve. I'm not dealing with 100's of nominations per category.

pfffft :roll:

:lol:

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Current 4 x FISO TFF Champion - Egg Cup League 3, Block League, Super6 League and Open XI League

Post by Dixon »

That's it then, the final 16 categories are....

1. Opening Scene
2. Fight Sequence
3. Funny Clip
4. Hot Chase
5. Epic Speech
6. Technically Brill
7. Tear Jerker
8. War/Combat
9. Animation
10. Musical Score
11. Frightener
12. Special Effects
13. Stomach Churner
14. Twist Shock
15. Ending
16. All-time Fave

The first 15 category nomination threads will open from 2pm today and will run for 7 days days with 1 nomination per FISOer, and a maximum of 25 nominations in total. If less than 10 nominations have been made by 2pm Sunday an extra 1 nomination will be avaliable per FISOer from 2pm Sunday till 2pm Tuesday. If less than 25 nominations have been made by 2pm Tuesday FISOers may then make a further third nomination for the last 24 hours until 2pm Wednesday.
The All-time Fave category (this can include any clip of your choosing without restrictions if it has not already been nominated in the first 15 categories) will then open from 2pm next Wednesday and run for 7 days till 2pm the following Wednesday with the less than 10 nominations rule again.

Keep your eyes peeled and happy nominating.

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

Ah eff it, I'm starting early.

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

murf wrote:Thing is there will be 100s of potential nominations for something like 'funny scene' and far less for other categories yet 4 of each get through.

It's like giving as many spots to Australasia in the Footy World Cup as you give to Europe....
I actually agree.

Instead of 2 going through from each category I will base progression on number of nominations.
However at least one will progress from each category.
I will add up the total number of nominations over all categories and base qualifiers on the percentage of nominations per category to the overall number of nominations. it will be clearer once nominations have ended.

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

Some comments if you would.

My plan is to have everyone pm me 8 picks, those 8 that they think will go the furthest. And selecting one as their 'JOKER' which will score double points (the one they believe will win the whole thing of course).

The trouble is what scenes people think will do well may sometimes not be their actual favourite scenes. and therefore influence their voting, ie. they will vote for the selections they have predicted will do well instead of the ones they actually like and it will result in the winner/last 2/last 4/last 8 being the ones they think will be the most popular and not the actual 'best' scenes. If you get what I mean.

Any suggestions how I can avoid tactical voting?

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

Is it too late to add best Nude scene?

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

Stick any in the 16th category 'omissions' (was previously All time Fave) when that opens next week.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

barry wrote: techinally brill
Can you expand what you mean by this?

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

I believe barry means great cinematograpy(spelling?), wow factor, lighting, effects, timing, uniqueness, chorigrophy(spelling? thick day), how hard it must have been to do/create.
baz could elaborate?

I am quite open to scenes put into this category as it is all a matter of opinion.

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: **Movie Scenes WC ANNOUNCEMENT - 2 NOMS PER FISOer**

Post by Dixon »

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

From 2pm Today each FISOer may nominate a second scene in each of the categories (up to a max of 25 total for each category).

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Dixon wrote:I believe barry means great cinematograpy(spelling?), wow factor, lighting, effects, timing, uniqueness, chorigrophy(spelling? thick day), how hard it must have been to do/create.
baz could elaborate?

I am quite open to scenes put into this category as it is all a matter of opinion.

sorry, just seen this, I was thinking about the one-take shot from Goodfellas - it's not about what said, or shown it's how it's done

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: **Movie Scenes WC ANNOUNCEMENT - LAST DAY FOR NOMS

Post by Dixon »

You have until 2pm today to get your movie scene nominations in (see the 'glaring omissions' thread - 8 spots left as of now).

Once all nominations are in and our lists are complete (267-275 scenes in total) this afternoon I will open the Predictions Game thread where you'll simply pm me your choice of 8 nominations that you think will go the furthest and there's a prize for the winner..... Stay tuned.

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: **Movie Scenes WC - Discussion thread

Post by Dixon »

So here's how the WC will shape up.

Voting has commenced on the first 4 categories and these 4 will run for 5 days.
Then the next 4 for 5 days and so on.
Voting should take 20 days give or take.
If there are any ties in the voting ie. a category has 3 qualifiers but 3rd 4th and 5th are equal on votes then a seperate poll will open.

Once we have our final 32 we will see 8 groups of 4 scenes with 2 progressing to the last 16.
Each category winner will be seeded so we will have 2 category winners in each of the 8 groups.
The other 16 will be drawn randomly.
It will be a simple vote for your favourite of the 4 scenes. With 2 progressing. Any ties then head to head polls will run.

For the final 16 scenes from the same group cannot draw each other.
For the Quarters onwards anyone can draw anyone.

I will devise a draw system and ask some a/some volounteers to assist me at each stage.

Now the voting stages have started go vote!

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: **Movie Scenes WC - ANNOUNCEMENTS

Post by Dixon »

OK.

All voting threads are now open.
4 finish Saturday, the other 12 on Monday so get voting.

There were 2 scenes I ballsed up on, A Few Good Men and Enter The Dragon, these have been placed into the omissions category.

Any mistakes please let me know.

PS. Why am I doing this again?

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: **Movie Scenes WC - VOTING THREADS OPEN**

Post by Dixon »

BUMP

**VOTING THREADS OPEN**

View all here.. movies-world-cup-f169.html

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: **Movie Scenes WC - GROUP VOTING OPEN TILL SAT**

Post by Dixon »

BUMP - ALL GROUPS NOW OPEN TILL SATURDAY!!!

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Dixon wrote:BUMP - ALL GROUPS NOW OPEN TILL SATURDAY!!!

Chuck in all seriousness... have you ever thought of getting a life?????????

Kin bumping these Z threads.................... FFS :lol: .

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

Having a job where I do eff all means I can annoy you and every other effer........ what's your excuse?

I get your point though. All this work and only about 6 people are interested in it, after the footy season ends I'm not running eff all on here anymore, dipping into my pocket and giving my time ain't worth it.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Dixon wrote:Having a job where I do eff all means I can annoy you and every other effer........ what's your excuse?

I get your point though. All this work and only about 6 people are interested in it, after the footy season ends I'm not running eff all on here anymore, dipping into my pocket and giving my time ain't worth it.
There are surely more than just 6 of us interested in your side games. Don't stop them......

sleuth
Dumbledore

!!!!

Post by sleuth »

Dixon wrote:Having a job where I do eff all means I can annoy you and every other effer........ what's your excuse?

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

Get ur eff coat on, open the window , and close it on the way eff out ffs!

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

love you too dot.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Dixon wrote:love you too dot.
The only positive thing i can say to you is- i hope you stuff the manc this weekend to make it a memorable week for them .

Rite off down the pub.. pint calling ya koont!

rossn13
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 12th TFFE 09/10

Post by rossn13 »

Richt wrote:

There are surely more than just 6 of us interested in your side games. Don't stop them......
+1

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

That's 2, only 5 more to go to prove me wrong.

Not looking for sympathy, just agreeing with dot what I had thought before he posted, I'm done after this, egg and 007.

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

just do 007, thats proper hardcore!! 8-)

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Dixon wrote:I get your point though. All this work and only about 6 people are interested in it, after the footy season ends I'm not running eff all on here anymore, dipping into my pocket and giving my time ain't worth it.
Been there, done that. Cancelled competitions in the past due to severe lack of numbers.

However, it isn't about how many enter or how many vote, it's about doing things for the common good. I'll be running my snooker competition in about a month's time & I've got 5 days to set it up & get loads of entries in. Whether or not lots of FISO-ers enter doesn't really matter. The competition will still go ahead. (And yes, I only had 3 entries for my Fantasy American President game)

IMO the strength of FISO (besides those people that always win TFF or SDT) is the other things that happen round here, whether it's the jokes that make you spit coffee over you keyboard at work, or the more serious discussions that take place. If people choose not to enter competitions or not to vote, that's their loss.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies 'World Cup' Competitions”