To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

January monthly

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Daily Star newspaper.
mephisto
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The end is where we start from

January monthly

Post by mephisto »

Anyone know if the monthly points are correct. I entered 6 teams before the transfer deadline and dont seem to have any points listed on the leaderboard yet the points do show on each teams page. In the generalm list of my teams all new ones are showing zero? Any ideas peeps?

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: January monthly

Post by Striker »

Currently the scoring update is a mess. Weekly scores seem to be correct but very few points have been added to monthly or seasonal totals.

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mephisto »

Indeed, I shall dognbone them manana if not spicknspan

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

No, they are wrong at the moment - one of my teams for example should have 38 for the month, but scoreboard has me down as -12, and that's nowhere near last.
And the scores will be worse after the weekend too, clevertv aren't very good at dealing with cup results.

Edit - apologies, had to take a call half way through writing, hadn't seen the latest two posts

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I had same problem last month. I contacted them and they said they were fixing the issue. My teams entered in December still reflect as 0 points on the main screen and do not appear in the leaderboards. Fortunately (for them) my teams were not in the top 3 as I think they are invisible to anyone looking in.
I contacted them again yesterday and have yet to hear back.
In short they seem to accept that there is a problem, but in the 2 weeks since I raised they have not fixed it.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Here's a liink with some contact info;

http://www.clever.tv/#&panel1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...unfortunately they've had the same "our new site arrives soon" message for over a year now. I think, but am not totally sure, that they are also running the new hargreaves lansdown "big deal" investment competition mentioned elsewhere on fiso too.

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Post by rinky »

Seems upto date now.

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mephisto »

spoke to them today; courteous and helpful..said they would fix it, including the monthlies, they did just that. Very impressed. Thank you "desk".

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Post by rinky »

Was 6th got chelsea defence seem to have gone very slow updating.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

very, very slow updating.

Don't they normally have the points up the same day ? Still not done any this weekend.

rinky
FISOhead

Post by rinky »

Was first to update monday night must have been a works weekend away. Upto 2nd now just playing wait and see what team city put out.

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mephisto »

still not updated , even tuesdays game..que pasa?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Historically clevertv have always been very slow updating Cup games, even during periods when their Premiership updates have been fast and efficient.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

If you look on the latest points page of your team, the points are on there, but for some reason this hasn't been applied to the team score, or the leader boards.

Not bothered as long as they get it right eventually. Although (very) slow updating did cost me £25k one competition I doubt it will on this occasion :lol: .

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Rick wrote:Although (very) slow updating did cost me £25k one competition I doubt it will on this occasion :lol: .
Sounds an interesting story, Rick. What happened?

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Striker wrote:
Rick wrote:Although (very) slow updating did cost me £25k one competition I doubt it will on this occasion :lol: .
Sounds an interesting story, Rick. What happened?
I'm sure I have mentioned it once or twice in the past David :lol: In fact you know the gist of what happened, especially as One of your friends was involved in the chase, so this is probably a little bit of Striker mischief :wink: .

But not sure i have ever told the story in detail, so I will indulge you. :) Also, I have no pride.

Here is what happened:

I was leading Ladbrokes Fantasy football comp back in 2000/2001 by some 50 odd points (which was more than a good weeks worth of points) at the beginning of April. Although I had used all my transfers bar one.

I had planned to use my final transfer to bring back Ian Harte for one of my defenders (can't remember now which one, but obviously did shortly after when i worked out how many points this decision cost me). I think Harte had been out injured.

There was a Monday night game which Ipswich won 3-0 with Marcus Stewart scoring a hat-trick putting him top of the premier Leagues scoring charts at the time (hard to believe I know). Anyway, not having him, I waited anxiously for the update the next day, wondering how much my lead had been cut, but no update. In fact no update, even after the next round of fixtures in which my lead was cut a bit anyway. So, convinced the chasers were sure to have him, (he was top scorer after all) I used my last transfer to bring him in for Kevin Beattie (if I am remembering correctly) to defend my position at the top, discarding the Harte plan.

Marcus scored the next match, and I was thinking I had made the right decision. Then they finally updated the match from two weeks previous (after many e-mails from me) None of my chasers had him. :(

Then It all started going horribly wrong :lol: . Harte came back and started scoring (and this was a game which had 10 points for a defenders goal) and gaining clean sheets, Leeds also had games in hand (which are the reasons he was going to be my final transfer) I think he scored 4 goals in those final 7 matches or so. Stewart didn't score again all season, the defender I left in actually scored a minus total over those last few weeks.

You might say I shouldn't have had only one transfer left at this stage and this is true, but, I wouldn't have been that far ahead if most of those hadn't come off pretty well. The most annoying thing was that the Harte transfer had been planned for weeks, and I just changed my mind because I thought everyone else would have Stewart so tried to protect my position :roll: . If the update had come the next day as it should have I would definitely would have done the Harte switch.

Anyway, going into May I was still 50 points clear, but that quickly disappeared, I think i went into the final day 3rd or 4th (there good prizes going down to 10th, so still a good chance of something, 1st already looked gone) Had a nightmare, and finished 11th.

The difference in points between Harte / Beattie and Stewart / Dodds (I think) was 60 odd points, enough to have just hung on to that top spot. (I Did work it out at the time, but it was 12 years ago) Yes even with no transfers left after early April if I had stuck with my plan I still would have nicked it.

One of the worst things was, at that time. that was only my second time on a leaderboard, and I was thinking, that I couldn't possibly be lucky enough to ever get anywhere near winning anything like that ever again. So I was just a little gutted as you can imagine. :lol: . Luckily I was wrong about that as well.

Things learnt by that experience:

Never just enter one team into a competition, both of my main chasers had several teams I only had one seasonal.

If you have a solid plan stick to it, don't panic. The Harte route was always the smart move, I mean 3 points for a strikers goal 10 for a defenders, it was so obvious, DOH! :roll: .

Never leave yourself with just one transfer going into April. (well, I wish I had learned that one (look at my OFL team) :lol: ).

And the biggest one, you never know what is going to happen in the future. I ended up being quite lucky quite a few times after that so I hadn't lost my 'chance' as I thought at the time. I beat myself up pretty badly at the time, but I have let myself off now. :) :lol: .

So, for a change on Fiso, a losers tale rather than a winners tale. :lol:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Cheers Rich. Well worth the read.

BTW I honestly wasn't being mischievous and have no recollection whatsoever of the story you describe.

That story must be from around the time that Leicester's Mattie Piper did the business in some other comp proving that left field picks can sometimes scoop the pot. :wink:

I fully endorse your advice on sticking to a plan, deviate at your peril!

However I don't necessarily agree with the need for several teams in some fantasy comps.

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mephisto »

well there is late and there is amnesia. Could they possibly have forgotten about us or does their system suffer from
irritable bowel syndrome? Have to say its all a bit cheesey.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

now updated

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

now unupdated

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

now updated wrongly

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

now updated correctly

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mephisto »

no more pour moi...will head for the sun...

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

explanation from star

The issue regarding FA Cup replay points not appearing in the playerlist and users overall score has now been resolved, and all teams have been allocated the correct points.

I’d like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you and I hope it hasn’t impacted your enjoyment of the game.

Kind regards,

Super Manager HQ

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Daily Star FF games”