To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Supporting Fantasy Stakes

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
fsl
Treebeard
FS Record: Tff Super 20s winner 2011-2012 when it meant something (£1000) TFF MOTW 2011-2012
FANTEAM World Champion of Fantasy Football 2019/20
Won $10 on draftkings once

Supporting Fantasy Stakes

Post by fsl »

I have been noticing that the number of entries and amount spent seems to be reducing. The unlimited £5 league has virtually disappeared and the Unlimited £2 league has reduced from £1000 to £750.
I play a few Fantasy Football games and this is by far my favourite and I would hate to see it disappear as a result of not getting enough support. I know many players are as fond of this game as I am, and I am beginning to think we should take on some responsibility to ensure it continues.

Some of us are chairmen of other Fantasy Football Leagues and most of us are members of leagues. Shouldn’t we be promoting this game with other people we play with?

Stakesy – I seem to remember you had a system in place at the start of the season where people who introduce others to the game were rewarded in some way – is this still in place or could you develop some sort of loyalty scheme?

Apart from enjoying the game, its saving me a fortune as I don’t bet anywhere near as much on first goal scorers only to be frustrated when they score the 2nd :oops:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Re: Supporting Fantasy Stakes

Post by Jonathan »

There have been numerous attempts by FISOers over the months to really kick-start this excellent game (read back over a few of the posts), but something just seems to stop it taking off. I am actually starting to think that people can't be bothered to choose an entirely new 11 players each week based on a given set of fixtures. I am finding that I am leaving it later and later because I know I need to choose 11 players rather than tweak what I already have in my other fantasy teams, and that just takes a bit of time.

And Stakesy does seem rather quiet lately.... :?:

Scrappy
Kevin and Perry

Post by Scrappy »

Jonathan wrote:There have been numerous attempts by FISOers over the months to really kick-start this excellent game (read back over a few of the posts), but something just seems to stop it taking off. I am actually starting to think that people can't be bothered to choose an entirely new 11 players each week based on a given set of fixtures. I am finding that I am leaving it later and later because I know I need to choose 11 players rather than tweak what I already have in my other fantasy teams, and that just takes a bit of time.

And Stakesy does seem rather quiet lately.... :?:
It's a shame that the lucky dip league was meant to combat that problem, I played it this week and got Van Persie up front on his own which has now led me to not play it again! Not really very lucky :shock: I know it's been spoken about etc and I do enjoy playing Fantasy Stakes as you get to choose a new team each week but it just seems like it's plodding along.

All these promotions have seemed to have hindered it instead of kick starting it. Would be interested to know how many play GIYH now since having to beat the 126 score (135 now?). Even if I had to split the pot between 59 other people, I would have been happy with an extra £17!

I would like the game to succeed as it has so much potential and obviously it'll mean a higher prize fund which can never be a bad thing!

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Last year it grew in popularity due to the jackpot league although the basic gameplay is very slick. Admittedly a jackpot league not funded by players is not economically viable. That's why we suggested a jackpot league that was funded 100% by splitting the stake between an instant prize and the rest adding each time to the jackpot league total. Picking a new 11 players never seemed to be a problem.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

I like the game but the cut-off an hour before kick off is a really bad idea. You can have a team wrecked by bad team news - last week players like Arteta and Drogba didn't start.

Is there really a need for the cut off to be so premature?

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

I feel the cut off an hour before makes it fair for everyone as real fans who go to games every Saturday don't get a chance to change their teams late on anyway so this just makes it a level playing field. I don't play Weekend Dream Team in The Sun when Huddersfield are at home! Each to their own i suppose.

In this games it is hard to pick 50 teams in a week but it's easy in The Sun as you just get random players. It does seem unfair that Fantasy Stakes should pay the penalty for having a far superior game.

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Jonathan wrote:And Stakesy does seem rather quiet lately.... :?:
Stakesy's always here, Jonathan. :wink:

Thanks as always for ideas to improve. The one we really like is the self-funded Jackpot League, though bringing that in mid-season proved too difficult. Hopefully next year. There have been various promotions, plus publicity in a national newspaper, and nothing as yet has acheved the major impact we've hoped for. We'll keep on trying though, the magic ingredient will be out there somewhere! :D

Glad to hear people still enjoy the game, and new ideas are always welcome even if we can't respond to them all immediately.

fresh1964

Post by fresh1964 »

should there be a tie in with a bookie like betfred/paddypower to promote the site? no advertising on the fs site seems to be an opportunity lost,lads mags such as nuts would be a good source of players plus there are numerous fan sites/blogs to spread the message.check out the football section of newsnow.co.uk,premierleague.com has 321,000 teams so the people are out there.The big factor that the game is currently quiet is the lack of a league,a self funded manager of the month and season would make a difference.How about dragons den? theo paphitis was chairman of millwall or grab him down the hand and racquet in wimbledon when hes had a few beers on a friday!

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

fresh1964 wrote:should there be a tie in with a bookie like betfred/paddypower to promote the site? no advertising on the fs site seems to be an opportunity lost,lads mags such as nuts would be a good source of players plus there are numerous fan sites/blogs to spread the message.check out the football section of newsnow.co.uk,premierleague.com has 321,000 teams so the people are out there.The big factor that the game is currently quiet is the lack of a league,a self funded manager of the month and season would make a difference.How about dragons den? theo paphitis was chairman of millwall or grab him down the hand and racquet in wimbledon when hes had a few beers on a friday!
Hi Fresh. nice to see you on fiso matey. Enjoy your stay, and good luck in FantasyStakes world cup. good to see a regular around!! (however much time it took me to find your post :lol: )

(thecharltonfan by the way - tcf in short)

see you next season. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”