To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Stakes rule clarification

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Fantasy Stakes rule clarification

Post by PNE4PREM »

Anyone know what FS rules are regarding the go-ahead for their weekly game due to postponed matches. I'm sure i read somwhere last season as long as 6 matches were played it would go ahead..

I've searched T&C's no success...

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Re: Fantasy Stakes rule clarification

Post by mad dog »

I'm hoping it was 6, I'd done my teams this morning not using players from games that were at risk in the hope I'd clean up - If its 6 then I'd think that it would still go on, any less and I'd imagine it'd get cancelled and we'd get refunded.............Stakesy???

If it does go ahead I wonder how many people who put their teams in already will go and change them...

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Oh 50% of games need to be on :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Is there a YTM FS game, or is this in the wrong forum? Stakesy does clarify this question in the main FS forum.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

It wasn't until I posted that I realised it was in the YTM forum, can we get it moved?

Didn't see stakesy's 50% of games thread until about half an hour ago :oops:

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Neither did I thanks Jonathan... :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Moved, and glad I could help. I think I will avoid FS this week, just in case. It will drive me mad if I don't win because I choose the wrong games, and not because the team I pick is rubbish!

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Get a team in, better chance with all these games off, I've doubled up this week :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

-DC- wrote:Get a team in, better chance with all these games off, I've doubled up this week :D
That had crossed my mind, but if I can't pick a winning combo with 10 games on, I don't fancy my chances with a reduced fixture list! See how time is on Saturday morning. Maybe Stakesy can allow us more from each team to hedge our bets a bit!

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Jonathan wrote:
-DC- wrote:Get a team in, better chance with all these games off, I've doubled up this week :D

That had crossed my mind, but if I can't pick a winning combo with 10 games on, I don't fancy my chances with a reduced fixture list! See how time is on Saturday morning. Maybe Stakesy can allow us more from each team to hedge our bets a bit!

Why? Statistically you have a better chance with fewer teams playing as there are less combinations to perm. I hope this does go ahead and I would ask Stakesy to make an agreement that if the 4 remaining games on Saturday go ahead then the competition will stand as it would be very frustrating if you did well and then found that the Wolves and Man City games were cancelled.

I think it's safe to assume that if the 4 games currently on are not cancelled by late this evening then they will be played tomorrow.

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

snows due back on sunday everywhere so the west ham and mondays man city game must be massive doubts now

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

the-postman wrote:snows due back on sunday everywhere so the west ham and mondays man city game must be massive doubts now
Thank you Wincey Willis! :wink:

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Not a good weekend ahead then Zarch..good luck with our ex-manager :lol: :lol:

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-

Post by the-postman »

hull game gone now..one more and its a wash out :shock:

sorry should have said freeze up

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

PNE4PREM wrote:Not a good weekend ahead then Zarch..good luck with our ex-manager :lol: :lol:
And you get Peterboro's......... odds on Laws taking the Posh job? Would be a right little merry-go-round! :P

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Be ok as long as no-one ends up with Megson :P

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

bennyc wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

Why? Statistically you have a better chance with fewer teams playing as there are less combinations to perm. I hope this does go ahead and I would ask Stakesy to make an agreement that if the 4 remaining games on Saturday go ahead then the competition will stand as it would be very frustrating if you did well and then found that the Wolves and Man City games were cancelled.

I think it's safe to assume that if the 4 games currently on are not cancelled by late this evening then they will be played tomorrow.
Less combinations means a greatly increased chance of £100k especially if there aren't many scorers. It does seem likely it will be called off though but hopefully the called off matches will be played together another time so that we can attempt to win it then (if that's how the rules work). It would be annoying to have the perfect team after Sunday and then have Monday's game called off but rules are rules.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Is the next round the 26th and 27th January being the next time there's more than 4 (8) games in prem being played?

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

chrismar wrote:Is the next round the 26th and 27th January being the next time there's more than 4 (8) games in prem being played?
Yes, Chris, that's the next round. Leagues to open shortly....

Stakesy

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Does your license prohibit you from running a game involving FA cup ties?

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

Stakesy wrote:
chrismar wrote:Is the next round the 26th and 27th January being the next time there's more than 4 (8) games in prem being played?
Yes, Chris, that's the next round. Leagues to open shortly....

Stakesy
is the man utd v hull game on saturday part of the next round then :?: ..no reason why it cant be is there mr s

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

We're hoping to get the leagues open tomorrow. Been waiting for the latest player update, trying to get as many of the new transfers in as possible. And for the next round, we're just going for the games on Tuesday and Wednesday, didn't want to include the weekend as well and stretch it over 5 days. Sorry postie! :)

Regarding the FA Cup, our gambling licence permits us to run the games, there's just an element of development to take FA Cup data feed but only apply it to Premiership teams. One day that will get to the top of the development priorities list, hopefully along with Lower League and Champions League too.

Stakesy

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”