To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

World Cup Fantasy Stakes

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Re: World Cup Fantasy Stakes

Post by bennyc »

Stakesy wrote:
bennyc wrote:You could do the following for a tournament long competition. Charge £20. Everyone gets to enter 8 teams for the group stages. One per group with no more than 3 players from each team.

Your four best group scores are carried through to the last 16 stage. At that point you get to pick a team for the last 16's. No more than 3 players for each team. This score gets added to your four scores carried forwarded.

Same for the quarter finals.

At the semi stage you pick a team for the semi's and the final. No more than 6 players per team.

The person with the best average throughout - should be 7 scores - is the winner :D

Should ensure interest in even the crappiest of the group games.
This is an interesting idea, Benny, especially for keen FF players who want to pick many teams - certainly retains long-term interest.

I presume you're suggesting this as an add-on on top of the regular game? Our usual format might be more of a draw for small punters or new punters and obviously we're hoping to reach some new customers through the WC. Some people are a bit scared of jumping straight into shark-infested waters! :wink:

Hi Stakesy

Just thought this was a good way to establish a tournament long game and create the prize pot before the game starts. Also makes every game count as your forced to pick players from smaller nations. Chrismar suggests its complicated but not intended to be that way. Just pick who you think will be the 11 highest scoring players from each group. From the last 16 onwards it's actually the same as the Prem game.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

any idea on a launch date? will our money from the prem season be still in the same account or will it be different? the mirror invloved again?

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

I have been reading some stuff Stakesy.. I think we need an update about the new partner etc ;)

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

:wink: You're a very observant man, Chris! :lol:

I'll reply with a full update, including latest on launch date, in the next couple of days. Apologies for not being able to reply/announce before, just finalising the remaining details.

Stakesy

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Stakesy wrote::wink: You're a very observant man, Chris! :lol:

I'll reply with a full update, including latest on launch date, in the next couple of days. Apologies for not being able to reply/announce before, just finalising the remaining details.

Stakesy
well ifu take much longer all my woldcup ff funds will be gone ;)

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Post by PNE4PREM »

The suspense is killing me....let's hope its worth the wait Chris :)

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Ok gents.....

The rumour Chrisharry refers to is a deal we with have struck with Betdaq. Fantasy Stakes will be their World Cup fantasy football game, hopefully bringing a whole new set of punters to our leagues.

As far as regular managers will be concerned, the Fantasy Stakes game will essentially be the same as it has been throughout the Preimership season. There will be 5 rounds in total: 3 over the group games, 1 for the second round and then a final set of matches for the quarters, semis and finals. The deadlines for the group matches are always an hour before South Africa play so that all teams play once per round. Hope that makes sense!

Betdaq will be running some extras such as manager of the tournament so it would be worth keeping an eye on their site too. There is no involvement with the Mirror, just Fantasy Stakes and Betdaq. Your usual accounts will work just fine! :wink:

We should go live within the next couple of days so keep an eye out. You'll also be getting e-mails as usual to remind you.

Will update once we go live, though I expect some on here will probably notice quicker than I can post! :D

Cheers,

Stakesy

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Any big prizes stakesy??

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Fantasystakes.com, the weekly fantasy football pool betting product based on the English Premier League, has launched a new World Cup fantasy football pool betting game ahead of the FIFA tournament in South Africa, which starts in just over a month's time.

The white labeled product is provided to partners as a fully branded website which will host a fantasy football game allowing customers to completely change their team at five separate stages during the competition, creating five opportunities to generate revenue and win cash.

Fantasy Stakes has announced that global betting exchange Betdaq has signed up as a key partner for next month's tournament, with the aim of driving customers to the game and subsequently migrating them to its core services.

Karl Riley, Marketing Director at Betdaq said: “We believe that Fantasy Stakes will bridge the gap between the popular concept of Fantasy Football and betting on the game allowing us to provide added value to our existing customers and attract new punters to Betdaq.”

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

well call it what you want, i still want subs :lol:

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

It's available to view now, if not enter or see any info on prizes or rules. Looks like it's just like the old game which is good. Shouldn't be too hard to pick a team with some of the pricing decisions either. I feel the easier it is to pick a team, the more people will do which increases prize money. So as long as all the teams aren't the same (there could be a danger of 90% of teams having the same player) then it's looking like a promising game.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

are those prices going to change stakesy :lol: some very interesting ones

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

No those prices aren't going to change, Chris. I'm sure there will be plenty which different people would disagree with but it's the same for everyone.

Another addition to announce.... we will be giving away £1,000 to the Manager of the Tournament. There are 5 rounds in total, your best score per round counts, and the manager with the highest total from his/her 5 scores will win a grand. No fancy stuff on average stake, play at whatever stake level you like, enter as many teams as you like!

Hope that's a bit of a tempter. A nice reward to take on your summer hols! 8-)

Stakesy

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Fabiano's a bit expensive :shock: :lol:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

thats it tell the world.. :roll:

:lol:

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Ah, sorry, that is a mistake. Think we got confused between Fabiano and that little known lower league player, Luis Fabiano. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Correct price now in place, hopefully still lots of manoeuvre within the budget.....

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Stakesy wrote:Ah, sorry, that is a mistake. Think we got confused between Fabiano and that little known lower league player, Luis Fabiano. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Correct price now in place, hopefully still lots of manoeuvre within the budget.....

:shock:

Your previous message said that prices WERE NOT going to change which is the only reason why I posted that message.

Sorry to all those whose plans have been affected.

That's a bit out of order Stakesy :(

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

How many teams have people entered in this?

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Well I reckon there will be close on 400 entries by cut of point in the £2 league..Looks like there's a few after the grand eh Chris :wink:

bonsey
FISOhead
FS Record: SP4 EPL Europa Cup Winner 2013 Prediction Cup Winner 2010 & 3 time league Runner up!

Post by bonsey »

any free mini leagues????

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

PNE4PREM wrote:Well I reckon there will be close on 400 entries by cut of point in the £2 league..Looks like there's a few after the grand eh Chris :wink:
Not sure really as entry numbers haven't increased that much from the start of last season so competition isn't as fierce as i thought it would be.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

Round 1 - 431 entries

138 different managers
3 managers make up more than 25% of entries
10 other managers make up more than 25% of entries
So in theory the big prize should be a 3 horse race with the runners up prizes going to some of the others, depending on skill and how many teams entered into future rounds.

The smart money is on chrisharry_12345. No sign of Zarch. Are you doing it jointly Chris?

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Hi Stakesy ...can you clarify the position regarding these 2 leagues ( £1k and £5k) please..

All entries via FANTASY STAKES site and BETDAQ are in the one league. correct?

I've seen the updated overall table with Chris leading..Can we differentiate between each league?

I'm sure there are many people that think the current table is for one overall league..Thanks

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

Yes i agree it is a little confusing as 4 managers who scored in the 60s aren't on the fantasystakes leaderboard. I'm assuming they must be on a separate leaderboard?

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

chrismar wrote:Yes i agree it is a little confusing as 4 managers who scored in the 60s aren't on the fantasystakes leaderboard. I'm assuming they must be on a separate leaderboard?
Yes they will be on the £5k leaderboard on the BETDAQ site I presume...

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

A couple of them arnt.. i asked sam to check and forbes and hugo boss seem to be not on either

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

Round 2 - 430 entries (down 1 from round 1)

97 different managers (down 41 from round 1 - not good)

6 managers make up more than 50% of entries
15 other managers make up more than 25% of entries

Quite hard to analyse this, though sadly the signs don't seem good for future success. Any thoughts?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Here's the Betdaq 5k table followed by the fs one so they're separate. Didn't have a go as didn't see any mention of it before the kickoff and didn't get an email even though I once had a betdaq account. I think we assumed it was the same sort of deal as was with ytm. Wasn't worth the hassle going at the 1k but a 5k could have been worth a try. Just put one team in the 1k one to check on assists etc.I guess in the actual leagues you can't tell the betdaq ones from the fs ones.
SynysteR 60
Juan Manager 56
zolive37 53
Michael Keown 52
beltersland bruisers 49
Ads1 45
JESUS VIDAL 45
TKDalglish 45
GT10 43
Marc Andrews 43

chrisharry_12345 76
fresh1964 69
MavPhiri 61
the_postman 61
chrispyb 60
PNE4EVER 59
thecharltonfan 59
matt_toby 58
Baiju 54
Wimbo 54

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

HugoBoss 68
arod80 66
gary thomas 64
JAMESY 62
Forbes SL 61

These are the teams >60 not in either league at the moment.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

chrismar wrote:HugoBoss 68
arod80 66
gary thomas 64
JAMESY 62
Forbes SL 61

These are the teams >60 not in either league at the moment.

PM'd Stakesy about this - will post the reply if he doesn't do it himself.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”