A forum for general discussion on Gardening issues and topics
Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Losing my bedding plants

Post by Jonathan »

Hi all,

I have some Bizzie Lizzie's in pots in my back garden, and they are usually very reliable right through to October. However, during the last couple of weeks they are beginning to look as though it is already November! :shock: My mum has lost all of hers too, and the huge displays of Bizzies in Northampton town centre are looking pretty miserable, too.

Is anyone else experiencing the same. Also, in general, it seems to have been a really baaaaad year for bedding all round. Anyone else?

Jonathan

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Losing my bedding plants

Post by murf »

My petunias are looking good but many plants have been screwed by the weird weather this year.

Many actually looking good for a while but all too briefly then dying back. Blame having summer in April.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I've not got any busy lizzies this year,but like murf,my petunias are flourishing.

The early fine weather at least provided us with a bumper crop of strawberries this year.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

I know a year or so ago bizzies had a national lurgy :? I stopped growing petunia's a while ago because I was fed up with the wet summers and they go a bit mulchy when it rains. Trailing geraniums seem to have forgotten they need to flower, and my pansies are being eaten again by some kind of whitefly. I give up :roll:

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

My Lobelia and Gernaiums are having a good year.

Petunias are touch and go.

Tomatoes are doing well outside funnily enough.

There is so much variety across the UK at the moment I think it's impossible to forecast what will grow well depending upon where you are....plant lots of stuff and be ruthless in sacrificing early.

Plus have a BB gun for the slugs and snails ( not very efficient but loads of fun)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Gardening”