To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mirror Fantasy Football 2012/13

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the fantasy football game promoted by The Mirror and Racing Post newspapers which used to be called: You The Manager (YTM)
7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Mirror Fantasy Football 2012/13

Post by 7lb claimer »

Transferring Hazard in might do it. (+2 lots of clean sheets perhaps)

Agree with Stoneyblatter no excuses for being way behind with the updates on the team page.

Where's team and transfer history btw ?

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

There are 4 defenders who have scored 9. (I can't believe i missed Kightly being classed as a defender :roll: ) With the strange scoring that an assist is worth 5, the same to a defender as a goal.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Rick wrote:There are 4 defenders who have scored 9. (I can't believe i missed Kightly being classed as a defender :roll: ) With the strange scoring that an assist is worth 5, the same to a defender as a goal.
Also Petric scored 13 points.
And don't forget Gomis 10

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

Fair enough then.. Early days i suppose :)

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Am I the only one who has no points showing on any of my teams or team page. Some people seem to be saying their points are updating ok.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

great start by Neil he must have hit most of the top scorers.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Rick wrote:I'm thinking a lot of people are going to be caught out by this. Would be good if they listed the cut off time on the front page every day.

The live scores are way out. I'm getting Petric scoring 26 points, Defoe 14 :shock: .
Yes this would be a very sensible solution, keeping up with European fixture cut off times is too much hassle. It would be a good idea for the Mirror to post the fixtures of the teams that are eligible in the game with times off kick off times so people will know the cut of times.

On the front page with the other fixtures would be sensible. The European fixtures cut off times is going to catch a lot of people out.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Stoneybatter wrote:Am I the only one who has no points showing on any of my teams or team page. Some people seem to be saying their points are updating ok.

75% of my teams have no points on the my teams page or on the teams page itself but one of those were in the top 100 after sat so they are counting as far as I can tell. I have sent a email query

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

7lb claimer wrote:Transferring Hazard in might do it. (+2 lots of clean sheets perhaps)

Agree with Stoneyblatter no excuses for being way behind with the updates on the team page.

There is no team and transfer history.

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:
Stoneybatter wrote:Am I the only one who has no points showing on any of my teams or team page. Some people seem to be saying their points are updating ok.

75% of my teams have no points on the my teams page or on the teams page itself but one of those were in the top 100 after sat so they are counting as far as I can tell. I have sent a email query
They are working on it Chris.

Hi Leo

We had a significant issue with the data feed this weekend.

This will be resolved ASAP.

I realise this is very frustrating, but it is affecting all players in the game.

Good luck with your pushe for the £5.5k!

Best regards

Jo

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Cheers. Also would like to see the table for the wales league, anyone figured out how to see the regional only league?

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

oldbigead wrote:
7lb claimer wrote:Transferring Hazard in might do it. (+2 lots of clean sheets perhaps)

There is no team and transfer history.
Silent Manager site wasn't very pretty but they did the job a lot better than this :(

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

How are you supposed to check the scores when there's no team history? Just on a transfer session that hopefully gets easier when the teams are more in place. After this I should get this tooth extracted that I'm persevering with.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Pretty much every time I do a sub it comes back error and I have to redo everyone twice! Very irritating

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:I did a few subs and my points on the inplay total dropped? is there a bug? Worried if I do subs ill loose my points..
It's doing that again so presumably it's a feature and presumably it doesn't affect the score added finally?

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

Are they still having teething problems with some of the points scoring, for example I just noticed Kolarov was awarded 3 points for a clean sheet against Southampton when the rules state he shouldn't have?
7.4 Clean Sheet Points
Clean sheet points will be awarded to substituted players who leave the pitch with no goals having been conceded and such players will not be penalised for any subsequent goals conceded. Players making substitute appearances where a goal or goals have already been conceded will not score clean sheet points, but will score clean sheet points if they enter the game with no goals conceded and the game ends with no goals having been conceded or they are substituted with no goals having been conceded in the game by their team.
He came on for Tevez in the 87th minute when they had already conceded two goals?

Also is there a section on the site were we can check the cut off times or are people meant to keep up to date with the fixtures of four other leagues so they don't miss the cut off times?

Jo if you still read these threads am I missing something or is there a plan to also post the fixtures and times of the eligible European teams on the front page? With British times ofcourse to offset the time differences.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

And the site seems to have crashed an hour before kick off! :roll:

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Lugger wrote:Are they still having teething problems with some of the points scoring, for example I just noticed Kolarov was awarded 3 points for a clean sheet against Southampton when the rules state he shouldn't have?
7.4 Clean Sheet Points
Clean sheet points will be awarded to substituted players who leave the pitch with no goals having been conceded and such players will not be penalised for any subsequent goals conceded. Players making substitute appearances where a goal or goals have already been conceded will not score clean sheet points, but will score clean sheet points if they enter the game with no goals conceded and the game ends with no goals having been conceded or they are substituted with no goals having been conceded in the game by their team.
He came on for Tevez in the 87th minute when they had already conceded two goals?

Also is there a section on the site were we can check the cut off times or are people meant to keep up to date with the fixtures of four other leagues so they don't miss the cut off times?

Jo if you still read these threads am I missing something or is there a plan to also post the fixtures and times of the eligible European teams on the front page? With British times ofcourse to offset the time differences.
Yep you're right about the scoring. I thought i'd read the rules but must've just assumed that they were the same as last year when you would've got points for the clean sheet after coming on no matter what the score was. The scores are deffo wrong for Kolarov and possibly a few others?

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Chico minus five.

Lugger
Treebeard

Post by Lugger »

bloggie wrote:How are you supposed to check the scores when there's no team history? Just on a transfer session that hopefully gets easier when the teams are more in place. After this I should get this tooth extracted that I'm persevering with.
Yeah was wondering how you check your teams history scores, the players you transfer in only seem to show their overall score and not just their score for you since you transferred them in?

Also good job on the mirror including the kick off times on the front page for eligible European teams as well. Shouldn't catch anyone out now.

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

Gave up on this game 2 weeks ago, not worth the time or effort.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Best game out there. Your loss.

BoomBoom
Treebeard

Post by BoomBoom »

Anyone having trouble logging in?

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Seems OK. The last bonus credits haven't been added to my one as they are usually added straight away.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Nor mine. The check account status from the Mirror side is just showing a string of zeros in the left column.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Having only one team makes it more difficult to judge one's performance. But I'm a bit puzzled as I'd say that my Mirror team is doing as well as my teams in for example Sky and Star but it's position is far far lower. Are players who do monthlies far keener on the Mirror than other games, as the only explanation would seem to be that a far higher percentage of say top 200 in the Mirror are going for the monthly than in the other two mentioned comps.

Presumably if I checked the prize monies, monthly transfers allowed, etc etc etc the answer would be obvious, but it would be even more obvious if someone who knows these things off the top of their heads could provide an explanation.

mharv
Treebeard

Post by mharv »

Just a guess, but as the monthly prize for the mirror is 5 times more than for any other competiton, they might have 5 times more entries going for it?

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

I would like to think the top 600 are monthlies :) unlikley though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I'd say that if you're in 200th place overall now then you're probably leading in all reality.

Virtually ALL of the top 200 will be monthlies.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

So it seems that we FF managers are a money grubbing lot. While we can forget Sky in our comparisons, due to the five transfers per month limit, the Star and the Mirror both allow unlimited transfers so you'd expect the performances of teams which have performed roughly to the same standard to date to be in similar positions, but as they are not one can but conclude that a £5000 pot has a far greater attraction than a £1000 pot, what happened to playing fantasy for fun. :wink: :lol:

Actually this is probably all bollox as I've just realised that the overall Mirror entry is far larger than the Star entry so the monthly efforts probably just reflect this.

Notwithstanding the fact that I'm not actually in the top 200 I'd like to think that Oldbigead is right, but I reckon that it's probably a fair bit over-optimistic.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Mirror Fantasy Football”