To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mirror Fantasy Football 2015/2016

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the fantasy football game promoted by The Mirror and Racing Post newspapers which used to be called: You The Manager (YTM)
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Mirror Fantasy Football 2015/2016

Post by quizking »

Surprised to find this so early (and some may be surprised to see that the mirror are running a game at all) and not found details as yet, but at least there will be some sort of game this term;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/fantasy-football

juniors
Treebeard
FS Record: Won skysports f/football in the day of teletext , skysports formula 1. Daily mirror monthly winner, daily telegraph monthly winner, Daily Telgraph Championship 2017/18weekly winner 3 times

Re: Mirror Fantasy Football 2015/2016

Post by juniors »

Believe the mirror are going APP only ,, ,

juniors
Treebeard
FS Record: Won skysports f/football in the day of teletext , skysports formula 1. Daily mirror monthly winner, daily telegraph monthly winner, Daily Telgraph Championship 2017/18weekly winner 3 times

Post by juniors »

Oh forgot to mention,

also transfers between games is coming ,,,,,,,,,,,,

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Is that how you read their post, or do you have inside knowledge? i can't see any more info the new game as yet ...

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

Inside

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

Although , i think APP only will lose punters,, but i understand the sponsors, bet bright want more action, betting between games etc,

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

juniors: do you have indications regarding any other key information, notably regarding prize money?

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

Sorry , no info as regards prize funds, just they intend to go APP only, and transfers between games,

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Rules me out then. I don't have a smart phone, tablet or windows 8.Nothing that can actually run an app. :lol:

Was thinking of taking a sabbatical this year anyway.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Sounds like mostly bad news all round, after initial good news that a game goes ahead. Many apps have intrusive access requirements/permissions - am sure betbright would love a list of numbers and email addys of everyone's friends and acquaintances, but they won't be getting mine - that's what the spare phone might be used for. However*, bringing back transfers between games is a plus IMHO*, partly because it means the game structure will be different; last year's game didn't work properly on many browsers. Not looking forward to having to make transfers on an even smaller screen though; will see if there's a way to use blustacks or similar, if there's a worthwhile prize incentive.

* Seeing as micheal gove (lower case used on purpose here) doesn't (there's another one) like "however" to start a sentence, am throwing it in here, and am sure he wouldn't like "IMHO" either.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Betbright shouldn't be controlling the game .. no way should the Mirror be pandering to their whims. What a shambles the game has become since YTM days. Like Rick, anything complicated would rule me out. The Sun seem to have seen off most of the opposition simply by keeping their game going in roughly the same way year in year out.

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

Prize money down, gfm/clevertv,, not running it this year

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Page now has a link to download app, but a) it's not going anywhere, and b) the link isn't visible on my tablet's browser, only on the desktop browser. So still don't know any more about the game as yet. Anyone else had any luck?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Although the link still isn't going anywhere, new logo suggests that mirror has tied in with Fantasy i team. Unless changes have been made for this season, this game is not strictly speaking free to play - at least not if you are playing to win - as "emergency" transfers can be bought, giving an advantage to those willing to spend money on playing; think it works out at about £18 to make an extra transfer every week through the season. The FiT's own game has a facebook version, but otherwise it can't be played on the web or even on a tablet - has to be with a machine with a phone connection.

Merlins_Apprentice
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Merlins_Apprentice »

If you copy the Url behind the link in the website then open it on an iPhone it takes you to the fantasy iteam app in the iTunes App Store. https://162058.measurementapi.com/serve ... mpaign=tm5 clicking on the link on a PC just takes you to the mirror fantasy football blurb

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I had a copy of the link but am an android rather than shiny shiny apple type, and haven't found mention of the app in the play store as yet (and although woudl think will be able to sideload the app as link suggests that there will be an android version somewhere, they will be losing even more potential punters if it's not on the play site eventually). Any specifics viewable on the apple version yet, eg prize amounts, player price list etc? The "regular" FiT game is still displaying last year's info, though the mirror page suggests that they are ready to run. Curious to see how it's going to work in terms of tie-in with betbright, eg if funds have to be placed with them in order to make extra transfers. FiT have had betfred as sponsors for the last few years, so would doubt that both could run at the same time.

Merlins_Apprentice
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Merlins_Apprentice »

Just takes you to the standard fit app , no mention of mirror, all last years info.
I assume that's why they have disabled the link for now until it's actually ready

juniors
Treebeard

Post by juniors »

Looking to launch on the 1st,

2 transfers a week probable.
as mentioned you can buy an extra one transfer , but at a cost.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Now launched
(sort of - team selection is player list from last year)

But don't get too excited. Looks complete rubbish
If you thought Mirror game couldn't get any worse after last year think again!

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Site has now rebooted to this season's game stats.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Burnley players still in selection list (facebook)

I hope that means they are still in the premiership :P

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

I'm on the App and it'S fine.
Facebook points to Bet Fred last season.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Apologies for even bringing this game to anyone's attention; mirror had given the impression that they had a new game coming, but they've just piggybacked the FiT game which has been running for 4 years (with puerile badges and H2H features,which seem more likely to appeal to teenagers, so shouldn't be backed by a bookie sponsor anyway) - it wasn't worth mentioning before, and still isn't. As such, the mirror cash prizes (and monthlies, which had been some of the better prizes out there) have disappeared. So it goes.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Never keen on games where you get an advantage by paying for extras like transfers

The web site is pretty though

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

RIP Mirror FF

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

The launch sank already. Agent Rupert sent in four years ago... Mission now completed.

Ali64
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Ali64 »

juniors wrote:Believe the mirror are going APP only ,, ,
Well I don't have a tablet / android device, so that's me out!

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

You're not missing anything worthwhile...

FantasyBazza

Post by FantasyBazza »

I'm missing the Mirror game they had last year, although I wasted a lot of time on it! I don't have a smart phone, and so haven't entered this year. Still have a long way to go on improving my game. Just entering one TFF team, and a few OFL teams this year. Next time I play the Mirror, I need to get better at picking my captains.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Mirror Fantasy Football”