To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PlayTheGame:The times, Need advice

A forum for news and comment on The Times' Play The Game fantasy football game.
harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

PlayTheGame:The times, Need advice

Post by harvey_manager »

hummm
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Post by harvey_manager »

Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Anderson from man utd

Post by harvey_manager »

?.......
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

Not our Donna
FISOhead

Post by Not our Donna »

I'm not sure how many managers there are in your league, but that teams looks way better than my team. Get Elano on the pitch though :wink:

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Not our Donna wrote:I'm not sure how many managers there are in your league, but that teams looks way better than my team. Get Elano on the pitch though :wink:
Yes, change Elano for Arca.

drramone
Kevin and Perry

Play the game - Strategy

Post by drramone »

currently in a game, with my work mates, as well.

The strategy i have been employing is to use the Research tab, in particular the player statistics.

Work out what cats you are lagging behind in. Sort the players by that cat. It shows you the players that have current high scores in the cat and if they are available or not.

i used this scenario and picked up Garrido from City (very near the top of the CS cat), I was then then able to transfer him to another player for Reina.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Hi Harvey,

Not sure how many people you are in a league with - but that's a decent looking squad :D

However, swapping Arca :arrow: Elano will make absolutely jack all difference :shock:

We are effectively fielding 14 each week rather than 11. The subs count towards your active plays. Its the six on the bench that you need to worry about. McCarthy is going to get off the mark sooner rather than later - get him playing :wink:

Looking at your squad again, you should have no reason to complain. How are you positioned in your mini league? Has one player got a monopoly over the Big Name Stars eg: Lamps, Gerrard, Rooney, Torres ect

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Post by harvey_manager »

in the league
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Post by harvey_manager »

night,
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:24, edited 2 times in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Re: Play the game - Strategy

Post by harvey_manager »

o hi by the way
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:26, edited 2 times in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Post by harvey_manager »

So this is how the teams line up.
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:24, edited 2 times in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Post by harvey_manager »

challenge.
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Post by harvey_manager »

run out..?
Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:25, edited 3 times in total.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Post by harvey_manager »

Last edited by harvey_manager on 02 Sep 2007, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

drramone
Kevin and Perry

Anderson

Post by drramone »

Regarding - Anderson I have picked him up and released him 3 or 4 times already. I think if he was a regular player he would score highly in all of the MID/FOR categories.

But the drawback is you have no idea when he is going to play, so you are continually have to second guess SAF to know when to have him in the team. If you have him active and he dosen't play then you have a non-scoring position for that week (you do store up an active postion for later in the season).

I would prefer to have players who play week in week out.

A couple of players I would look at if not allocated already.

J Utaka
E Diouf
A Valencia.

These players show good stats in the MID/FOR category, and will all play in the majority of their team games. If you go for these then you wil need to have some players from the top four teams, so you don't lag behind in the Pts cats.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

I dropped Arbeloa ... wish I hadn't :x He and Reina are the only two to have avoided Rafa's rotation so far this season :shock:

Babel will become of more interest as the season progresses, but at the moment will be spending too much time on the bench.

Be happy that you snapped up Belletti - should be a lock in for season long clean sheets. I also picked up Corluka - means you can double team with Richards (Dunne in my case) when City have easy home fixtures :wink:

Phil Neville offers much more value than Man U's Anderson :shock: Game time = more SP's, also plenty of team points as Ev should do well now the Yak has joined the fold.

Its not just the quality of your squad - but how you play them. The tables, especially at this early stage will be distorted by those that have used their active play allocation and those with plenty in hand. You can catch up leaps and bounds by fielding for both Sat & Sun fixtures. Conversely, don't get carried away with this as you'll only suffer later in the season :cry:

As mentioned, its not just the glamour players who'll do well. I picked up Diouf based on his high SP rate plus should get a few more assists with Anelka on form. Sunderland's defence might not be the tightest - however they're right up there on the def count. Swings and roundabouts, either focus on a few areas or settle for being generally ok at everything.

Consistency is key :wink:

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

Not sure if playing the right way, but at moment trying to use as few of the slots as poss, but still stay in touch with the leaders.
In 2 leagues one of 10 other of 20, for sure the bigger league is a lot harder to do well in, would think that more knowledge of how the game is played needed, hopefully a few of the more experienced on here of this type of game will post a few pointers on tactics.

harvey_manager
Kevin and Perry

Re: Anderson

Post by harvey_manager »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Times' Play The Game (PTG)”