To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

how many playing this?

A forum for news and comment on The Times' Play The Game fantasy football game.
mighty reds
Treebeard

how many playing this?

Post by mighty reds »

any one know how many leagues have been set up and how many teams are playing?

be interesting to know as it seems pretty time consuming to play.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Hi Mighty Reds,

I contacted PTG by email - 50,000+ players, 11,000+ leagues

Unlimited transfers could make this game higher maintenance than other FF but there's nothing stopping you finding an active 14 that you're happy with and sticking to it for the season eg: lots of big 4. The stats are based on 38 plays for each active position which equates to the 38GW season in other games - you can't take advantage of double GW's for example.

The most time consuming aspect is ranking your players for the initial draft (I spent about an hour) and getting to grips with the rules / style of play. DazedAndConfused has been a great help and has experience playing other "rotisserie" style games for baseball / NFL ect.

I've really got into it (hence the other threads :wink: ) and find it a lot more enjoyable than TFF, which i'm also trying for the first time. It's touted as a game with brains and there's definitely a strategic / tactical element to it. The transfer market has yet to kick off in our mini league but I've got a feeling that will be another rewarding aspect.

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

Post by dazedandconfused »

krispdafunk wrote:I contacted PTG by email - 50,000+ players, 11,000+ leagues
That's extremely encouraging and bodes well for this continuing next year and beyond. :D

:?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Times' Play The Game (PTG)”