To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Times' Play The Game - 2007/08

A forum for news and comment on The Times' Play The Game fantasy football game.
dazedandconfused
Treebeard

Post by dazedandconfused »

mikeg13 wrote:Starting to get a bad feeling about this game, noticed that at least one player Scott Parker is down at wrong club ie Wigan instead of WHU, not sure if any other players are wrong or not, is important as in Parker case he is shown as playing Everton when it should be Man City, know he is injured so not much problem in this case but it could be a disaster if many more basic errors crop up
Anything like this you should use the contact facility, using Feedback as the subject in the drop down menu, I've sent them this one. Parker was ok yesterday but for some reason it has changed today. Update just got this reply :- The team name doesn't matter for scoring, you'll earn points for the player regardless of what team he's listed on. That being said, the team names will be updated shortly.If you have any further questions feel free to e-mail.

They are dealing with such queries very quickly and have sorted out several that I have sent feedback on eg the table pages were initially confusing, misleading and basically wrong, these have now been corrected.

Someone mentioned the fact that there was no indication how many game plays have been used for each active slot, I've asked them to add this and the reply was this would happen in the 'near future'.

The parker reply came 3 minutes after I sent the query.

:?

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

Players now allocated but ive only got 17 players?

Geordee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Geordee »

Magflyers = Geordee

Sorry, only just got the hang of the game and was in 2 minds as to whether to continue. However I've fathommed out (I think!!) the transfer and out of contract player system and managed to pick up a few decent OOCs (hopefully). Having tinkered a bit over the last day or so it's actually enjoyable and now pleased I didn't ditch it.
Haven't attempted any transfers yet as not convinced that anyone would want to swap "good" players, although with a glut of Forward players it may be in my interest to attempt to exchange a couple for defenders - I'll see how it goes.
Certainly worth keeping a constant check on the OOCs as I've managed to pick up Alan Smith, Elano, Tuncay and Cacapa over the last couple of days - not world class maybe, but decent squad players I think nevertheless.

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

dazedandconfused wrote:

They are dealing with such queries very quickly and have sorted out several that I have sent feedback on eg the table pages were initially confusing, misleading and basically wrong, these have now been corrected.

Someone mentioned the fact that there was no indication how many game plays have been used for each active slot, I've asked them to add this and the reply was this would happen in the 'near future'.

The parker reply came 3 minutes after I sent the query.

Did email got confirmation they had received but nothing else, the midweek games are still wrong, Parker still shown as a Wigan player, tried to do some transfer changes (add/release) on a team but not gone through, :cry:

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

mikeg13 wrote:tried to do some transfer changes (add/release) on a team but not gone through, :cry:
A reason for this may be that the players you are trying to pick up are 'on notice' . All players not initially allocated are 'on notice' for 48hrs, also if a team releases a player then that player will go 'on notice' for 48 hrs. I have asked that some sort of indication is given in the lists of out of contract players to show if they are 'on notice' , I have to admit that I have not as yet had a reply to this one.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Hi Magflyers,

Glad you didn't jack it in - certainly was a bit daunting if you're used to other styles of FF.

Its been interesting following the activity on the OOC list - some very astute pick ups! One man's trash is another man's treasure - Alan Smith a prime example (dumped by JimmyRep). I'm quite envious when I compare teams and wonder if my squad is too "middle of the road". Everyone's got names I fancy - maybe I should be a bit more happy with my lot :lol:

I'm hoping to see a lot more transfer action between players - but sounds like you've already talked yourself out of a deal! There's no harm in asking especially considering the size of your bargaining chips. Both of Nigel's teams are bottom heavy and any transfer would be mutually beneficial.

PM me if your interested in any of my line up - I'm sure you could tempt me if part of your strike force is superfluous to requirements :P

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

dazedandconfused wrote:To try to address these needs I've put in notice claims for Given, Luke Young, Campbell / Upson and Mendes / Reo-Coker / Mascherano releasing Ekotto, Boateng, Healy and O'Connor.
Hi D&C'd,

How'd you get on with the OOC list? Happy with your line up now?

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

krispdafunk wrote:How'd you get on with the OOC list? Happy with your line up now?
Hi krispdaplunk

Reasonably happy with the pickups 2 out of 4, I got Sol and Mendes but lost out on Given and Luke Young. I've had to pick up Hibbert to fill in at RB for the moment. Pretty happy with my squad though.

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

Good luck to everyone playing this game.

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

Apologies for a lack of posting this week but I have finally set my teams up for Sat/Sunday and am reasonably pleased with things.

Although one team has only one keeper... :shock:

Will be entering the transfer market and looking at the OOC list next week.. 8-) :wink:

Long way to go in the season but still trying to get to grips with the 38 position thing... :?

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

dazedandconfused wrote:Good luck to everyone playing this game.

From me as well, do hope it succeeds as it looks to be a very good game, its because to me its so different did have reservations, but am pleased decided to give it a go.
Would be nice if we can keep other FISO users informed on the game, during season, hopefully next season more will give it a go.

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

First Week Reflections

There are some tweaks that still need to be made, some more important than others.

1. There needs to be a 'plays' used for each active position on the team page. I've just printed a grid showing 38 plays across and active positions down and I'm sticking a tick in the boxes as I go along. It's a pain but you need to keep track

2. Team Stats page that has now appeared needs some work, attacking pts category is missing. A total cumulative stats table is needed for all the players on your team so you can track and compare ongoing performance. I know you can get this information by clicking on each players name but an overall table for your team would be better.

3. OOC table needs to show all eligible positions for players and say an asterix next to a player if he is on notice. It would also be very helpful if you could click on a players name and link to his seasons stats.

4 There needs to be consistency in all the stats tables, goals/assists is 1 category for defence and should be shown as such, yet some of the stats tables list goals and assists seperately for defence.

5 I gather that the data feed is not coming through as quickly as The Times want. Updates are supposed to occur overnight after each days' games but that has not happened so far. I hope that this is sorted out.

Anyone else have any observations / comments?

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

Beware of fixtures shown for 15th as there still seems to be errors.
Can see a situation arising that you have used fair few of available slots well before season end, while other slots hardly used, LB one in my case, Think if it runs again next season maybe be better to give chance to use slots in slightly different way and not so restrictive. Trying to save the multi position sub slots because of the problem.

Immortal

Post by Immortal »

dazedandconfused wrote:First Week Reflections

There are some tweaks that still need to be made, some more important than others.

1. There needs to be a 'plays' used for each active position on the team page. I've just printed a grid showing 38 plays across and active positions down and I'm sticking a tick in the boxes as I go along. It's a pain but you need to keep track
I've been informed that feature will be added to the manage team page by the end of the week to allow you to track games remaining.

paulks
Red & Blue Braces

Post by paulks »

That is good news - it is desperately needed. I have 3 teams in this and really don;t want to have to try and keep track of it all myself.

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

paulks wrote:That is good news - it is desperately needed. I have 3 teams in this and really don;t want to have to try and keep track of it all myself.
Games left has now appeared on the Team page :D

CB,CM,FOR shows a combined value for the 2 available slots for these positions. I have asked for comfirmation that this means there is no 38 limit in each individual slot and that we only have to meet a combined maximum 76 for the 2 slots in each position.

paulks
Red & Blue Braces

Post by paulks »

It surely does mean that - would be a bit odd if you had 12 plays left for one forward and none for the other and could therefore only play one.

I think the way they are showing them as out of 76 pretty much answers the question.

Good to see they have kept to their "promise" and have delivered this feature nice and quickly so we can all see what we are doing. I do think that they are working hard to make this game work and it is proving to be very interesting.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Any chance someone who's playing the game (and understands it) could write an article about the game mechanics for the Times category of our website at:
http://www.fiso.co.uk/category.php?id=136

per:

viewtopic.php?t=31664

axel
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF superleague winner 08/09 & 11/12, Euro 08 superleague winner, 64th in TFC08, Fantasy Cricket 08/09 + 09/10 SL winner

Post by axel »

Newcastle doing there best to keep me at the bottom of the league :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Times' Play The Game (PTG)”