To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Weekly Game (Week 6)

A forum for news and comment on The Sun's Dream Team weekly games.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Weekly Game (Week 6)

Post by Ashers »

So the prize pool is £30k for this week with prizes for the top 1,000.

Double games for the European teams, but Spurs playing Liverpool in the early game rules these two out for me.

Arsenal vs Bayern could be a disaster zone based on previous meetings and Everton playing Utd puts me off a Utd defence.

For me that leaves Chelsea or Man City, who both our their own issues at the moment.

Is this the week when a team with one game wins the prize for someone?

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Tottenham v Liverpool
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Crystal Palace v West Ham
Everton v Man Utd
Man City v Bournemouth
Southampton v Leicester
West Brom v Sunderland
Watford v Arsenal
Newcastle v Norwich
Swansea v Stoke

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Arsenal v Bayern Mun
Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea
CSKA v Man Utd
Man City v Sevilla

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE

Liverpool v Rubin Kazan
Anderlecht v Tottenham

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Re: Weekly Game - 17th- 22nd

Post by Walter Bishop »

Well done on last weeks win Ashers, must feel good. I am on a mission to win something at this game and feel the weeklies are my only shot. Thought I was going to pick up a little £25 last week but 595th wasn't quite enough :(

If Kompany is back I reckon the Man City defence will be popular. They are the only one of the teams in Europe with both games at home so might well be the way I go. Some things can only go on so long before they happen and Kane and Hazard must surely be due a goal or two. Like a couple of weeks ago the game was won with a Stoke defence who hadn't kept a clean sheet until their game at Villa it was due too.

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

MATCH WEEK 11 - DOUBLE BUBBLE WEEK

Post by mesmerised »

Thank pluck the International week has come and gone, now we can get back to some proper football.

For the weekly, City's defence has to be done especially now Kompany is back, they only started to concede when he was injured, it may well be popular but a boat not to be missed with two home games, you're a braver man than me if you go with Chelsea's or Arsenal's backline, or crazier :lol:

Leicester have conceded 15 goals in 8 league games and are there for the taking, Morgan and Huth are slow and on the wrong side of 30, constantly being pulled out of position, Pelle and Mane will have a field day.

With Walcott in midfield, it's like having 4 strikers on the pitch if you go 433 and is desperate to prove himself as a striker, though Bayern have only conceded 4 goals in the Bundesliga and 0 in the CL, Arsenal have to go for it, lose or draw they're out, they wont be getting any change in Germany :lol:

Fancy Sturridge to score v Tottenham now Dier is suspended, can't underestimate the defensive job he did in place of Masion protecting the back 4, he's better than Bentaleb too who will probably slot in there. Question is, will Sturridge start v Kazan, with Benteke out, Ings out and Origi not good enough, I'd imagine yes, especially with Klopp's gegenpressing style, Origi would be a poor focal point. I'm reluctant to use any of Chelsea's players, it seems to me, because there were so many untouchables last season that virtually played all season long without break, they are now mentally and physically exhausted.

Saturday
Tottenham v Liverpool
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Crystal Palace v West Ham
Everton v Man Utd
Man City v Bournemouth
Southampton v Leicester
West Brom v Sunderland
Watford v Arsenal
Sunday
Newcastle v Norwich
Monday
Swansea v Stoke
Tuesday
Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea
Wednesday
CSKA v Man Utd
Man City v Sevilla
Thursday
Liverpool v Rubin Kazan
Anderlecht v Tottenham

em9999
Dumbledore
FS Record: Finished 23rd suns 2010 world cup game. Finished 2302 overall in The Suns Premier League game

Re: MATCH WEEK 11 - DOUBLE BUBBLE WEEK

Post by em9999 »

Would be no surprise to see giroud starting v Watford with Walcott and perhaps Sanchez being on the bench

Kompany prob wont be played and saved for midweek, I also have question marks over DB starting too.. Kolorov may also miss out

Not as easy as it looks

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

Think Mane maybe on the bench after playing in an international match this week.

Remember Koeman didn't play in the league fixture after he played an international match last time.

Mahrez may be on the bench as well.

Anyways, Man City should beat Bournemouth without the need for Kompany and so they can give him a rest for the midweek champions league fixture.
Last edited by Redrum2 on 15 Oct 2015, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

em9999
Dumbledore
FS Record: Finished 23rd suns 2010 world cup game. Finished 2302 overall in The Suns Premier League game

Post by em9999 »

Leicester will get a result v Southampton

Southampton will not get a easy ride

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

man city should win of course but they have shown in the past month a vulnerability to leak and Bournemouth will carve chances against them with their style of play

no silva to control the middle either

then a Seville team who are hardly a back number in Europe

yuk

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Hard to predict man city's back four also

I may and I say may risk a Chelsea defence

Not sure yet but I'm also tempted by a arsenal back four as I think we will do well against Bayern and keep a clean one v watford

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-

Post by the-postman »

Bayern are awesome when on it..anything resembling the last match it could be a greek tragedy again

Chelsea is the big imponderable

if they do wake up well

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Bayern are good yeah but don't over egg the pudding. We are more than capable of beating them, home and away

Nothing to be scared of, its them that should be scared of us in fact

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

em9999 wrote:Bayern are good yeah but don't over egg the pudding. We are more than capable of beating them, home and away

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

9 times out of 10 I go for block back 5 defences but ive changed it this time. fed up with picking a block only to see them concede a goal in the first 5 minutes (or last 5 like Belgium conceding to Israel last few minutes), thus messing your chances up of doing well. especially annoying when its the early 12.45 kick off. I know the block tactic usually wins a weekly but I need some consistency for the fiso weekly game

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

em9999 wrote:Bayern are good yeah but don't over egg the pudding. We are more than capable of beating them, home and away

Bayern munich P11 W11 D0 LO Scored 24 in last 6 matches. Lewandowski has 41 in last 41 games club n country. my favorites for the champions league this season. real Madrid have boring benitez so wont be as potent and will draw too many, barca don't look the same as they did last season, juve have lost some of their best players, and the prem teams to be fair look 2nd rate compared to the cream of Europe. actually think if arsenal finish bottom of group and avoid Europa league, then they'd be my new favourites for the prem title. decent defence now with cech, Gabriel looks decent so CB cover for mert and kosc, sanchez is on fire, Walcott n giroud seem to be scoring consistently, ozil is starting to look the part, ramsey is one of the best midfielders in prem and more importantly city, utd and especially Chelsea look nothing special etc etc

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Wait till arsenal beat them

Bet they wont be any good to anyone on fiso then

All I will hear is ain't Bayer crap

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

And quite frankly I want us to lose anyway

Best thing that could happen to us having less games than our rivals

And having a team that looks fully capable of winning the prem

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Ashers wrote:So the prize pool is £30k for this week with prizes for the top 1,000.
what a load of eff SHITE!!

SO 990 PRIZES OF A eff POXY £25 THAT DOESN'T EVEN BUY A eff ROUND NOWDAYS. THATS £24,750 WASTED IN PRIZEMONIES.

Just make the winners prize worth eff winning and a couple of runner up prizes what a waste of time trying to get excited about wining a poxy £25 .

eff ruining this game this season.

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

it is a strange year so far and yeah arsenal have a chance again but that's more down to city losing major players at an alarming rate than arsenal being better than last season
you can see them finishing in front of utd and Chelsea though as it stands

not replacing giroud will probably hurt you in the end because Walcott more often than not falls apart at some stage of the season

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

sleuth wrote:
Ashers wrote:So the prize pool is £30k for this week with prizes for the top 1,000.
what a load of eff SHITE!!

SO 990 PRIZES OF A eff POXY £25 THAT DOESN'T EVEN BUY A eff ROUND NOWDAYS. THATS £24,750 WASTED IN PRIZEMONIES.

Just make the winners prize worth eff winning and a couple of runner up prizes what a waste of time trying to get excited about wining a poxy £25 .

eff ruining this game this season.
agreed 100%. they really need to sort this out for next season and this season hopefully. when will dave Watkins realise that none of us are that bothered by £25? I don't mean that to sound bad in an arrogant way as im only a postie myself but surely our eyes would light up far more if the top 100 got the £24k spread instead. don't think by finishing 1000th you should get anything as you were probably miles off even 100th place. :roll:

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

£25 down to 1000th place. Just don't understand it. Would much rather the top prize was more

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

em9999 wrote:Leicester will get a result v Southampton

Southampton will not get a easy ride
Do you think? I'd have Southampton easy home win.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: MATCH WEEK 11

Post by CBN »

Hazard owners should curse the starting of this thread - if I had done it I was going to have Hazard in the title following my nostradamus like title for last week! :(

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

CBN wrote:Hazard owners should curse the starting of this thread - if I had done it I was going to have Hazard in the title following my nostradamus like title for last week! :(
Start a new one....Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee :cry:

Suarez's Bite
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Suarez's Bite »

think moderators can change thread titles but never mind that let's predict how which excuse moanrinho will use this weekend when villa take all 3 points....the grass was too long? Ivanovic was out? Costa was rusty after 3 game ban? Zouma's laces werent tied up properly? Matic wasn't wearing his lucky socks? :)

he always has one up his sleeve

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

the-postman wrote:it is a strange year so far and yeah arsenal have a chance again but that's more down to city losing major players at an alarming rate than arsenal being better than last season
you can see them finishing in front of utd and Chelsea though as it stands

not replacing giroud will probably hurt you in the end because Walcott more often than not falls apart at some stage of the season
Again always down to other teams having injuries or being poor

Change the record its boring, we have had more injuries than anyone and if the man city squad cant deal with that they don't deserve to be champions

Yawn yawn yawn

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Is there a breakdown of the prize money anywhere? All I can get is 30k spread between 1000 players.

em9999
Dumbledore

Post by em9999 »

Willian is the Chelsea player with the most appeal at the moment

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

em9999 wrote:Willian is the Chelsea player with the most appeal at the moment
scored 2 for brazil mid week but I don't think i'll ever go for willian even when he's on form. not prolific and im always wary of whether he will play or not since pedros arrival

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

im not anti arsenal emm..its clear to see wenger has been messing them up for years

4th place is like winning a trophy :shock:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Suarez's Bite wrote:think moderators can change thread titles but never mind that let's predict how which excuse moanrinho will use this weekend when villa take all 3 points....the grass was too long? Ivanovic was out? Costa was rusty after 3 game ban? Zouma's laces werent tied up properly? Matic wasn't wearing his lucky socks? :)

he always has one up his sleeve
Bought no-one,Terry stopped performing most probably due to age others probably due to being overplayed last season,structure gone and sold their prize goalie to Arsenal.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SDT weekly games”