To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

the weekly game and the changes

A forum for news and comment on The Sun's Dream Team weekly games.
aj2k77
Treebeard

Re: the weekly game and the changes

Post by aj2k77 »

Ashers wrote:Even worse that this was sent out early this week.

THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER
In other news, Dream Team Weekly is back and better than ever this season. Watch this space as it’s landing soon.

Are they waiting until Sturridge and Wilshere are fit before the weekly game can start? :lol:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

the-postman wrote:would love to know why they shelved that weekly with the random players picked for you..yeah you could get garbage for your pound but it was something to look forward to every weekend and strait forward compared to this now
I can understand that, many might be deterred from entering or think its a lottery.
I know i swerved in its old format.

That said. it was fine as it was last season.
it was fine the other season in the format that Jeff continues to use.

Miles_T
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Miles_T »

I think it's safe to say once they have got our money they don't give a eff

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

Is this game run by a massive corporation with tonnes of money or run by Doris and Shiela from the tea shop?

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

Footy66 wrote:Is this game run by a massive corporation with tonnes of money or run by Doris and Shiela from the tea shop?
sheila is on holiday...doris is doing it by herself until she gets back

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

I wonder if we will get a go this week

ive heard the old girls are back in charge

Footy66
Dumbledore

Post by Footy66 »

Third time lucky this week?

Can we finally play this ruddy game?

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

I bet it doesn't start this week meaning with the International break coming up we will have to wait two and a half weeks for a go and that will be a month and 4 days since we were told it would start. To be honest I would have got nowhere near this week with Wilson and Defoe scoring hat tricks but an attempt would be nice. The thing is I never fancy my chances in the Seasonal but for some reason I feel like I have a squeak in the Weeklies and would like to be given a chance to have a go. So I guess if it isn't up and running by tomorrow that is it for another week :(

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-

Post by the-postman »

anyone emailed sun hq this week to see if its starting

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Thought Edmo's response had said no?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Hi David, thanks for your note.

The focus of the last two weeks has been on improvements to mobile performance with a host of changes taking place with our suppliers IT infrastructure to cope with the volumes.

On top of that development of Weekly has been ongoing although has been majorly impacted by our efforts to regain site stability. I will communicate when we have a date for launch set but I would not expect this week.

A host of bug fixes also remain in the pipeline awaiting a safe time to release to live. Expect that to be before the weekend and will include ratings page on mobile.

Ratings is quite a complex piece as I am sure you are aware and we have an investigation underway into the discrepencies with an eye to improvements being rolled out for the resumption of the Premier League on Sep 12.

With regards to site layout I have reviewed the UX on Teams page and we will look to improve this as soon as we can. Apologies if you feel it has gone backwards but the site was tested a number of times with DT players and it was generally well received

Thanks

David Watkins

wolviebob
FISOhead
FS Record: King(s) of LWDT 2015-16; 'King of LWDT' 2014-15LWDT 'Hardly Mr Average' 2014-15; Fading star...

Post by wolviebob »

Still nothing up on their website for game starting this week.....

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Was thinking about this, 1 team each which means 1/5 of the entries from last season. What was the average entry last season 10k?

So potentially 2000 entries and they pay out on the top 100.

Most weeks see 6 or 7 teams play twice, depending on who plays who you could probably say most of the 2k will be based on 4 or 5 teams so at the most your chosen block would be up against 500 blocks the same.

So get the right block and there will be a reasonable chance of getting in the money

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Do we reckon there will be more Club Memberships than Sun+?
i.e. £8 v £20 is more appealing (or low enough that someone wont get round to cancelling)?
Will the average punter be that arsed though in these side games?

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Based on your figures Ronny, that's a 20 strong BBM taking up 1% of the entire field 8-)

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Edmondson wrote:Based on your figures Ronny, that's a 20 strong BBM taking up 1% of the entire field 8-)
We aren't bothering this season with just the one team Dave.

Zim you may be right, there could be more based on the lower fee's. We may find out one day!

WNP
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th in Dream Team Weekly Seasonal 14/15. Winner of week 12 Dream Team Weekly 14/15

Post by WNP »

The longer it gets delayed the less entrants there will be as more people will have given up on their teams and forgotten about it

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

I hope for every week they postpone the weekly game that they keep rolling the money over. say it doesn't start until the 5th week after it was supposed to, the jackpot would be £10k 8-) and anyone in top 100 could quadruple their dosh in that 1st week. hopefully next season they get rid of this crappy mini cup £50 or £25 prize (or whatever it is) which will then bump the weekly and monthly prize. only 1 team is a bit of a lottery compared to the 5 last season. gonna have to get the defensive 5 blocks spot on or you got no chance. I got a feeling us on fiso will dominate the weeklys this season :)

stitchy
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF Week 34 Winner 2012/13 sky sports week 22winner2014 sky sports month 6 monthly winner 2014. Telegraph weekly winner wk35 2014-15.Mail weekly winner wk36 2014-15. Sky weekly winner 2014-15,

Post by stitchy »

I spoke to them earlier on the phone because after the last couple of weeks on live chat trying to get them knob cheeses to correct my membership and a refund.

I did ask about what is going on with the weekly game and the superviser did say they were still having technical issues because they have been putting all of thier efforts into the mini leagues so this is why the weekly game have been affected.

He did inform me ( I must say not with very much confident ) that the weekly will now begin after the international break. Also was was told that the monthly tables should start appearing after the end of this month. :roll:

Footy66
Dumbledore

Post by Footy66 »

How is this David Watkins bloke still in charge.....

Balls up year after year and this year already has been shockingly badly run.

Suarez's Bite
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Suarez's Bite »

this is how I feel about the sun's website and it's ratings

fsfkjsfnjsncksdfjj jsnfpqdkmvmvdmb j j wjvnWJVNB SG NDV DF

DFVDFV FDV DFJV FDJBM GFVJKVDFMVDSF,DF FRJW;NGBREMVKLDFV
FSNMNV DFNVFE N
=

VFDMV DFVN SFJNS NV KS.CQJDNX MF EWJ MESNFVNS NSD FJSENSDJFSDFJNKWAD ESJKFNDJFBD SNS S
V DNF FNFFFNVKDF JK FNF SJVNKJFSJVFSJVCSM';FCMAKm,forfmv

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Dream Team ‏@dreamteamfc
@HamillDaniel Hi Daniel. Dream Team Weekly starts up again on September 10th.

Hopefully :D

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Weekly starts this week then, right? Beyond me why it opens on the Thursday tbh.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

CBN wrote:Weekly starts this week then, right? Beyond me why it opens on the Thursday tbh.
So the transfer window closes and the weekly game starts on the same week. Seems a good idea. Sure Saturday will go well.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

really hope the weekly does start this week. it definitely does add extra interest every week so its something im looking forward too

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

mad dog wrote:
CBN wrote:Weekly starts this week then, right? Beyond me why it opens on the Thursday tbh.
So the transfer window closes and the weekly game starts on the same week. Seems a good idea. Sure Saturday will go well.
It'll be fine, hadn't you heard - there's been an upgrade to the website. :lol:

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Haha yeah brilliant upgrade still have to click more teams scroll down. Taken about two hours to do transfers to 60 odd teams

the-postman
fiso banshee

Post by the-postman »

mad dog wrote:

8-)

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

£30k prize pot announced. Assume that just means a tripling of all prizes down to 100th...

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Having to hassle them for prize money is inevitable but a nice problem to have. Well, maybe not for £25 - might cost more than that in phone calls!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SDT weekly games”