To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 7 (INTERNATIONAL)

A forum for news and comment on The Sun's Dream Team weekly games.
Backlash
Dumbledore

Re: Week 7 (INTERNATIONAL)

Post by Backlash »

and a 7
image1-1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Great spelling of Desperate too on the 2nd image!

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Backlash wrote:Great spelling of Desperate too on the 2nd image!
The reporter is either dyslexic, borderline retarded, or a liverpool fan. Judging by the 'desperate' line and 5 rating, probably all three. Rooney took a perfect penalty and virtually scored another. Even if he had gone to the sideline and scratched his bollox for the rest of the game he still deserved more than a 5 rating.

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Three joint leaders on 56pts with 3 players that didn't even start for england. Dunno whether to laugh or cry :roll:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Stoneybatter wrote:Three joint leaders on 56pts with 3 players that didn't even start for england. Dunno whether to laugh or cry :roll:
Laugh, possibly hysterically. :wink: :lol: :wink:

On a more serious note what should we expect from just one day of a game as "unreliable" as the Sun's?

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

I didn't even see Towsend in the player lists in yesterdays paper, i thought i even checked after he scored and still never saw him listed.

Cant believe anyone would go for a complete England block knowing there would be duplicate teams either.

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

I'm not doing too bad. I got 40 points, in 654th position with 3 players who haven't played yet...

Hart, Joe
Senderos, Philippe
Gibbs, Kieran
Jagielka, Phil
Cahill, Gary
De Bruyne, Kevin
Shaqiri, Xherdan
Pirlo, Andrea
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alex
Muller, Thomas
Welbeck, Danny

Pirlo could score from a free kick against Azerbaijan (I hope), Muller's a fantastic player he will score. De Bruyne has an easy match against the second lowest ranked team Andorra. Next round Senderos should keep a clean sheet as Switzerland are playing San Marino and hopefully Shaqiri will be busting the San Marino net.

I'm excited that I'm still in the game. How's everyone else doing?

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

grizzler wrote:I'm not doing too bad. I got 40 points, in 654th position with 3 players who haven't played yet...

Hart, Joe
Senderos, Philippe
Gibbs, Kieran
Jagielka, Phil
Cahill, Gary
De Bruyne, Kevin
Shaqiri, Xherdan
Pirlo, Andrea
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alex
Muller, Thomas
Welbeck, Danny

Pirlo could score from a free kick against Azerbaijan (I hope), Muller's a fantastic player he will score. De Bruyne has an easy match against the second lowest ranked team Andorra. Next round Senderos should keep a clean sheet as Switzerland are playing San Marino and hopefully Shaqiri will be busting the San Marino net.

I'm excited that I'm still in the game. How's everyone else doing?

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

You are a cruel man Sleuth.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

grizzler wrote:I'm not doing too bad. I got 40 points, in 654th position with 3 players who haven't played yet...

Hart, Joe
Senderos, Philippe
Gibbs, Kieran
Jagielka, Phil
Cahill, Gary
De Bruyne, Kevin
Shaqiri, Xherdan
Pirlo, Andrea
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alex
Muller, Thomas
Welbeck, Danny
Looking better for you with two De Bruyne goals.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

And the Dutch conceding impacts some of the opposition.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Ashers wrote:

Hart, Joe
Senderos, Philippe
Gibbs, Kieran
Jagielka, Phil
Cahill, Gary
De Bruyne, Kevin
Shaqiri, Xherdan
Pirlo, Andrea
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alex
Muller, Thomas
Welbeck, Danny
Looking better for you with two De Bruyne goals.
I got De Bryne in 4/5 teams along with Bale/Rooney & Wellbeck in 4/5 teams, Kompany vertonghen Alderweirdo in a mixture of them along with Chester in a couple and still I ain't gonna be sniffing it with the omissions of Siggy & Chadli scoring today ( Siggy nailed on for MOM for me from Sun as he scored first)
Belgium have a clean sheet and there are 4 Scoring defenders in the game, likewise Wales.
Chillinni scoring 2 and probably getting MOTM will feature also in many teams being the only Italian defender.

The point I'm making is Grizzler has to be living in Cloud Cuckoo to think that there will not be hundreds of teams still in front of him after tonight.

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

sleuth wrote:The point I'm making is Grizzler has to be living in Cloud Cuckoo to think that there will not be hundreds of teams still in front of him after tonight.
You're right. There's 436 teams in front of me to be exact. But I'm an optimistic person. I think Muller will score tomorrow and Shaqiri will score at least once against San Marino. However it looks like I made a mistake putting Senderos instead of Chiellini, hopefully Senderos will score against San Marino too.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

grizzler wrote:
sleuth wrote:The point I'm making is Grizzler has to be living in Cloud Cuckoo to think that there will not be hundreds of teams still in front of him after tonight.
You're right. There's 436 teams in front of me to be exact. But I'm an optimistic person. I think Muller will score tomorrow and Shaqiri will score at least once against San Marino. However it looks like I made a mistake putting Senderos instead of Chiellini, hopefully Senderos will score against San Marino too.
You couldn't of put Chiellini in .. He was 3.5 million more :?

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

grizzler wrote:
You might get top 1000. Tough at the top though. I have a few more points and Keane v Gibraltar and Ibrahimovic v Liechtenstein to come and don't expect top 100 with that.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Is Ben Darby one of BBM?

Nice picking either way. Pretty much every big scorer bar Jagileka.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Zimmerman wrote:Is Ben Darby one of BBM?

Nice picking either way. Pretty much every big scorer bar Jagileka.
Nope, never heard of him

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

BBWB

Big Bad Weekly something :)

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Best Fiso member I can see so far is Herc on 78 points

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

chrismar wrote: Keane v Gibraltar .
I was hoping to be the only one with him!

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

chrismar wrote:
grizzler wrote:
You might get top 1000. Tough at the top though. I have a few more points and Keane v Gibraltar and Ibrahimovic v Liechtenstein to come and don't expect top 100 with that.
I reckon ur in he top 50 now Chris :wink:

Shame James Meacham and the unfortunately named Elephant Man also have Keane.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

sleuth wrote:
chrismar wrote:
grizzler wrote:
I reckon ur in he top 50 now Chris :wink:

Shame James Meacham and the unfortunately named Elephant Man also have Keane.
Yeah 16th (and 24th) now. 12 points is possible to make up only being halfway through. Easy enough to drop out of the top 1000 though. It's Tuesday night table that counts. Pleased to see I have Larsson v Liechtenstein too as I assumed he'd got sent off but his minus points were for missing a penalty so could have been much better had that not happened.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Gibbs and Sterling both rested.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Backlash wrote:Gibbs and Sterling both rested.
England: Hart; Chambers, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Henderson, Wilshere, Delph, Lallana; Welbeck, Rooney.

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

Is this Calum Chambers actually any good.

First time I've really seen him play - these England games. Seems so uncomfortable on the ball. Seemed to panic even in front of the kebab shop owner from San Marino.

Should have got sent off against Chelsea.

Been all this hype - I ain't seeing why.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

Footy66 wrote:Is this Calum Chambers actually any good.

First time I've really seen him play - these England games. Seems so uncomfortable on the ball. Seemed to panic even in front of the kebab shop owner from San Marino.

I didn't really see much of tonights game but have seen him play a few times recently and was thinking exactly the opposite. I really think that Arsenal have potentially picked up England's first choice right back for a number of years.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

DREAM TEAM RATINGS

SUN STAR MAN — Jack Wilshere

England: Hart 6, Chambers 5, Jagielka 6, Cahill 7, Baines 6, Henderson 6 (Sterling 64, 7), Wilshere 8, Delph 5 (Oxlade-Chamberlain 61, 7), Lallana 5, Rooney 7, Welbeck 6 (Lambert 80, 5). Subs not used: Forster, Foster, Clyne, Gibbs, Milner, Shelvey, Townsend.

Goals: Rooney (73)

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Mind The Gap looks nailed on.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Jagduracell wrote:
Footy66 wrote:Is this Calum Chambers actually any good.

I didn't really see much of tonights game but have seen him play a few times recently and was thinking exactly the opposite. I really think that Arsenal have potentially picked up England's first choice right back for a number of years.

He has yellow cards for breakfast that's his biggest asset.
No doubt it won't be long before he joins Arsenals record breaking RED CARD club under blind Pugh.
Mind you it won't be in the next game as he already has a joint first with shelvey in Aquiring 5 yellows in record time this season.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

sleuth wrote:He has yellow cards for breakfast that's his biggest asset.
No doubt it won't be long before he joins Arsenals record breaking RED CARD club under blind Pugh.
Mind you it won't be in the next game as he already has a joint first with shelvey in Aquiring 5 yellows in record time this season.
Have to agree that Chambers is a bit of a liability at the moment, even though I agree with Jag, that he has a good career ahead of him.

His burgeoning collection of yellow cards isn't down to him being a dirty player, but more worryingly down to the high frequency of him being caught out of position or simply in the wrong place. This will be overcome by experience but not in a few weeks. Otherwise he's a potentially decent England international.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SDT weekly games”