To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

BIG BALLS III (£200 mini-league) - In Play!

A Forum for discussion and comment on Sun Dream Team Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games
Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: BIG BALLS III (£200 mini-league) - In Play!

Post by Dot »

:shock:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Not your name specifically, he means the word

Keeeeeyyyyyunt

Same thing!!!!! And strangely the same 10 teams pop up

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Dot wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 20:35
CBN wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 18:12 Looks like a bit of panic setting in at the top :shock: :shock: :shock:
There's a rumour doing the rounds you might stick a table up again before 2019 finishes.

Thought the least you could do was stick 1 up a month kinell.

last table September 2nd :?

Hes embarrassed Dot, give him a break

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Been a disasterous month in this for me. Son n ederson :( .... surprised ive not got rangers morales :roll:

Dot looks to have it in the bag with only ronny as his main danger. :D

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I can't be paying Dot out. Someone else please win :mrgreen:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

CBN wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 16:34 I can't be paying Dot out. Someone else please win :mrgreen:
You still got 6 hours left of 2019 to stick a table up ugly with revised odds. :wink:

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Dot brings in maguire 😩😩

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

gutshot wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 21:54 Dot brings in maguire 😩😩
8-)

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

Stunning move 🤯🤣

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Lucky bar steward. Shouldve been minus 3 and a 3 match ban. :wink:
I am miles behind so thought sh#t or bust time, i used all 3 trannys and i too brought maguire in along with bruno and doherty and left sterling as knew everyone would get rid.

I now have no trannys and sterling and son 🤪

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

I fullly agree regarding the Maguire red.
Joke they couldn't award him a yellow even.

On the basis of Son getting a red and 3 games for his kick out at Rudiger, theres no consistency regarding the Maquire kick in the bollocks and claiming innocence.

I've a sneaky suspicion Sterliing will be back sooner than everyone thinks and people left with him cud be laughing. In saying that Headless is approaching 2 months without a point.

My son was gutted regarding Maguire as hes used him alot throughout the season in his teams.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Took a bit of a gamble using all 3 knowing that Dot never would, I worked out he couldn't get Salah and mane in without doing so and decided it was worth the gamble.

Was happy to see just mane in his team as predicted on saturday.

Monday I was even more pleased when tammy didnt start and it didnt even cross my mind to check his team until after I saw that maguire got 18pts and i thought, he couldn't possibly have, could he!!!!!

Fat chap :shock:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

:wink:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

:lol: :lol:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Announcement

As chairman, I have decided the following about this league.

If the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League or Europa League are cancelled (i.e. do not finish) then, once that fact is 100% confirmed across each competition, I will pay out according to the final standings in this league at that point.

However I will calculate the percentage of the season that has been completed based on the number of expected games in each competition. And I will scale the prizes according to this. So if, for example, 91% of the season was completed then 91% of the prize pool will be paid out and 9% of the prize pool will roll into next season’s Big Balls. I think this is the fairest way in this unprecedented situation.

I will keep this under review as we learn more.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Seems fair enough, not the easiest thing to sort out but given that we are deep into the season it would be brutal to not payout and refund and I'd expect most leagues will payout anyway.

Like you say, see how it pans out

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Yes I can categorically rule refunds out. Wouldn’t be fair.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Happy for the clarification Simon.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

You didn’t read the clause about chap being ineligible mate.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

CBN wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 18:00 You didn’t read the clause about chap being ineligible mate.
I dont think Ron's bovved mate. He will end up 5th anyway

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

You gonna stick a table up now. It might the ist ( and last) for 6 months .

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

4k in the bank, thanks for running simon

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

CBN wrote: 14 Mar 2020, 10:15 Image
All u missed out is Gutty 1 on 1777

And my team Tiger 7 on 1850

drdes
Red & Blue Braces

Post by drdes »

CBN wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 08:07 Announcement

As chairman, I have decided the following about this league.

If the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League or Europa League are cancelled (i.e. do not finish) then, once that fact is 100% confirmed across each competition, I will pay out according to the final standings in this league at that point.

However I will calculate the percentage of the season that has been completed based on the number of expected games in each competition. And I will scale the prizes according to this. So if, for example, 91% of the season was completed then 91% of the prize pool will be paid out and 9% of the prize pool will roll into next season’s Big Balls. I think this is the fairest way in this unprecedented situation.

I will keep this under review as we learn more.
That's not fair on people like me who have been hoarding transfers to use for a dash in the final few weeks.

Just kidding. Seems fair.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Just wondering if anyone has been using transfers, I haven't personally as didnt think dot would and I thought it in good spirit to pause along with football in general.

I did make 1 transfer in a lower team to see if they went through, which it did, but just didnt feel right doing it in a cash league.

I'm not overly fussed if people have, just interested as to others thinking on it!

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Transfers are there to be used. That's my view and I'm impartial.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

ronny10 wrote: 16 May 2020, 11:32 Just wondering if anyone has been using transfers, I haven't personally as didnt think dot would and I thought it in good spirit to pause along with football in general.

I did make 1 transfer in a lower team to see if they went through, which it did, but just didnt feel right doing it in a cash league.

I'm not overly fussed if people have, just interested as to others thinking on it!

Personally I didn’t think it was right either to use April and May transfers on the basis that many could re-shape teams totally upon a resumption of the league which could even be July. ( I’m mainly referring to plenty of teams in the top 100 that had spunked their loads early March)

I questioned Simon and he said “He’d used his April ones and will use his May ones, stupid not to”

Found that a strange remark as in 6 of Simons teams he hadn’t bothered with a transfer since October :shock: and 3 of his teams had not used a transfer since November :shock:

Obviously he must have been referring to the only team he was bothering with :?

Maybe he meant in separate comps he’s in in which you can make up different teams within the Sun rules I guess.

Anyway back to the point, I think it wasn’t flippant of the Sun To allow managers to continue using transfers I just think they couldnt be “Arsed” much like the Suns attitude to their game as it dwindles into oblivion.

I can’t blame Simon, or any other manager, with going along within the framework of how the Sun are running the game. Yet you can’t get away from the fact that many managers have been given an extra lifeline to possibly win a money in a mini-league,or even the main game, as they can shape teams long term for European involvement and long term injuries returning which would not have happened in normal circumstances.(Kane,Rashford,)

Can see many managers panicking when premiership returns not seeing their new additions in starting line-ups :D :D

As my son said to me when I asked him recently did you know you could have used your transfers in April?
He said , I thought about it but I’m happy with my team dad so I’m not bothered and he’s not far from the money in the main game.

Assuming the Bundes league continues and the Premiership return gathers momentum, I might have a second look at end of May whether I want to use any transfers for BigBalls or my other team in the top 100.

According to Frank, only Lee Thomas in joint 4th in Big-Balls has used April transfers out of the current top 5, but according to Frank April has had 7 weeks and counting so far.

What would have been right and fair to everyone was that when the
game ceased in early March, so should have the game until the resumption or until such a time that a final decision was made. Giving out 3 transfers indefinitely on a monthly basis would be a mockery if for some reason the game only resumes in September say.
This has put thousands of managers in mini- leagues in a no win situation position, but I guess to wait and see if there is a resumption before coming to their own conclusions

Ps.I won’t be considering Deeney and I wonder if he participates in the Thursday clap for NHS workers on the frontline :?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Yeah, I wouldn't criticise people for using them, I'm generally happy with my team anyway, I just knew u wouldn't and didnt sit right with me doing so.

Maybe if my big balls team was higher up on the main leaderboard then I would have considered it but also would have been open about it to others in this league.

Like you say, maybe they will reset teams back to how they were, unlikely, but we will see when the time comes!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”