To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO H2H PREMIER LEAGUE - SEASON 3

A Forum for discussion and comment on Sun Dream Team Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games
woody123
FISOhead
FS Record: 2013-14 John Morrison Elite League 12th, 2016-17 11th, 2017-18 FISO H2H CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER

Re: FISO H2H PREMIER LEAGUE - SEASON 3

Post by woody123 »

Leethomas

Gameweek 21 vs CBN (Fri 18th Jan-Thurs 24th Jan)
Previous results
GW12 - CBN 66 - 29 Leethomas
GW3 - CBN 35 - 35 Leethomas

Gameweek 20 - Leethomas 50 - 40 Ex-Pro-Gaffer (Fri 11th Jan-Thurs 17th Jan)

1, That was such an important win for you vs EPG. He had just started to turn things around. You are among a handful of prem managers who trust in Jesus. Were there any worries for you before the match began?

As it was week earlier vs Woody, it came down to jesus vs aguero and i was lucky 2nd week running that jesus started. It was an important game to try and keep clear of relegation and i used a transfer to bring in willian for moura with moura not in squad and willian starting plus hopefully could play in 2 games this coming week.

2, You play CBN this week, a manager you've not beaten yet this season. Simon has a good reputation and excellent recent achievements when it comes to Sun Dream Team. Do you think his team has what it takes to beat you this week? Can you estimate a score between you both?

I haven't beat simon yet this season and he is one of the most consistent players around, its his pool 3 vs palace vs my city 2 vs huddersfield. I do prefer the pool defence if i'm honest but hoping city can keep managerless huddersfield out. If i can just stay in it for thursdays game i'm hoping i'll have willian and eriksen to pull me out in semi 2nd leg. That could be dependant on Simon having any transfers left. Honestly think it could go either way but i'm going to be positive and go for a 66 v 59 win.

3, You have moved clear of the relegation places. Do you consider the relegation threat well and truly gone or do you think the likes of Woody, EPG, Will, & Madchester will catch you up?

I have just had 3 important wins vs the bottom 3 but Im still definitely in the relegation battle, only takes a couple of defeats and you find yourself right back down there.

4, It looks increasingly likely that Harry Kane will be out for least a month. Do you have a transfer available to ship him out, or do you just carry on and hope for the best without him?

I used my last transfer last week so am unfortunately sat there with kane in my team for the remainder of the month.... roll on february.

woody123
FISOhead
FS Record: 2013-14 John Morrison Elite League 12th, 2016-17 11th, 2017-18 FISO H2H CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER

Post by woody123 »

Gutshot

Gameweek 21 vs Mad Dog (Fri 18th Jan-Thurs 24th Jan)
Previous results
GW12 - Gutty 72 - 41 Mad Dog
GW3 - Gutty 55 - 35 Mad Dog

Gameweek 20 - Gutshot 46 - 44 WNP (Fri 11th Jan-Thurs 17th Jan)

1, You've just won a very tight match against WNP. You both have Liverpool block defences. Did you consider WNP's lowly position beforehand and think this match was easy to win?

No not at all, We treat each game as a cup final. I think it’s fair to say there are no easy match’s in this league and WNP is an experienced and tricky operator. We treat each game as a cup final.

2, You play Mad Dog this week. Looking at both teams they look very different with only a few of your players matching his. Mad dog also has a strong Man City based team with them playing twice this week. This must worry you with you trying to push for the title.

Yes this is going to be a really tough game against the reigning champ. As you say he has a strong city bias and the extra game is a real worry, added to this I have been hit with at least one injury possibly two. However we will look to find a way to win.

3. With Blademan losing ground on the top two this week it looks as though it could be a two horse race for the title. How do you rate your rivals and their chances?

There is still such a long way to go. I think as many as seven teams could still win the the title. With regards to our chances, we need to stay in touch until the end of the month and then hopefully we will get some players back from injury and I may need to dip into the transfer market?

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

woody123 wrote: 01 Jan 1970, 01:25
Can anyone unfortunate enough to know mad dog personally please give him a nudge and ask him to reply :wink:
Uncalled for 😂

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

WNP

Gameweek 21 vs Blademan (Fri 18th Jan-Thurs 24th Jan)
Previous results
GW12 - Blademan 56 - 68 WNP
GW3 - Blademan 25 - 61 WNP

Gameweek 20 - WNP 44 - 46 Gutty(Fri 11th Jan-Thurs 17th Jan)

1, Bad luck Will for losing in such a tight match with Gutty. You must be really disappointed as that would have been a real scalp for you. Give us your thoughts on the match?

I thought the lads put in a real shift, but you know, when lucks not on your side everything goes against you. The reds had a real shocker and unfortunately it’s cost us the points.

2, You play Blademan next, a manager you have already beaten in two meetings this season. Does this give you the edge against him, or do you think that your teams are so much different than just over two months ago that it doesn't matter what the previous results are?

What happened in the past is in the past. They’re a good side and they’ll be well up for it. But if we stick to our plan and play our game, then we know we can beat them. They won’t be looking forward to playing us that’s for sure.

3, You are now in a relegation battle along with Woody, EPG, & Madchester. It looks as though Lee has escaped for now. Do you think you can climb away from them to safety?

I think we have to believe we can survive. All it takes is a couple of wins and we’ll start climbing.

4, I see you have a Liverpool block defence. Is this going to be the planned defence for the rest of the season, or do you have transfers in hand this month to change things? It's worth bearing in mind that Liverpool have tough champions league opponents.

It’s a brave manager that breaks from the Liverpool block. What other team would you go for? City? I’m not sure I can name 3 guaranteed starters. A split block leaves you vulnerable. For now I think it’s liverpool all the way

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Ex-pro-Gaffer

Gameweek 21 vs Woody 123(Fri 18th Jan-Thurs 24th Jan)
Previous results
GW12 - Ex-pro-Gaffer 43 - 34 Woody123
GW3 - Ex-pro-Gaffer 33 - 70 Woody123

Gameweek 20 - Ex-pro-Gaffer 40 - 50 Leethomas (Fri 11th Jan-Thurs 17th Jan)

1, That was a very tight game between you and Lee. It must be frustrating when you don't emerge as winner in these "must win" matches. That victory will ease Lee's relegation worries for now. Are you concerned about your plight, and how do you see things panning out regarding your rivals and their form?

Fair play to Lee, we were just not at the races, we did however have a club piss up on the Friday night which probably didn’t help, 2 of our midfielders didn’t turn up to the ground until 2:45 but they assured me they were fine and ready to play, the next few weeks will be tough as we have a huge injury to our main man and focal point, these things happen in football and we’ll just move on...

2, You have another relegation 6 pointer coming up against Woody. Woody will want to come back from that defeat against bottom placed Madchester. What worries you about Woody's line up?

With the next game coming up against Woody it looks to be a tight encounter, not a lot to split us in the past, we however know that he likes to either play 343 442 or 433

3, Yourself and woody are currently drawing level in previous meetings this season. You met quite a few times last season in the 8 team championship. What have you learnt from his style of management?

Our form at the minute is some cause for concern, but we’re already planning for the Championship, it’s going to be a long fight until the end of the season, I’m a manager and also a football owner, I own another 9 teams would you believe, our team currently has less budget by along way to improve the squad.

4, With you having only 2 wins in the last seven gameweeks do you have any transfers to make to shake things up a little?

There will also be no ins/outs during this transfer window, somehow the 8 teams I own which are scattered around the domestic competitions probably all have an extra 5m budget approx, I’m not sure what went wrong but I’ll take all the flak not the players.

We have also signed up to a new sponsorship deal with Carlsberg which is fantastic, the players are now awarded MOM, goal, assist and clean sheet bonuses with a crate of lager, there all chuffed to bits and putting on weight nicely...

That’s it from Me EPG...see you all next week !

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Woody123

Gameweek 21 Woody v Ex-pro-Gaffer (Fri 18th - Thurs 24th Jan)

Previous results
GW12 - Woody 34 - 43 EPG
GW3 - Woody 70 - 33 EPG

Gameweek 20 - Woody 48 - 58 Madchester (Fri 11th - Thurs 17th Jan)

1, Bad luck on losing this week vs Madchester. Tell us your thoughts before the match and whether you could see yourself getting the win.

Cheers. I was 4pts ahead going into the City v Wolves game and i was hoping Aguero & Sterling would both start the match and that would be enough to get past his City defence. As it happened Aguero wash on the bench and Jesus scoring really put a downer on things. Before the match began i was afraid his City semi-block could hurt me but my big hitters in Hazard & Sterling just didn't do the business for me. I know in reality Dan is a very shrewd manager with outstanding previous achievements. His recent bad form is just unlucky, it's the way things can go really, you pick a defence, concentrate on your forwards but unfortunately city haven't kept that many clean sheets.

2, You have a game coming up against Ex-pro-gaffer. Looking at both teams how do you think your team will do, and what do you think of EPG's side and tactics?

Well again he has 2 city defenders which proved to be my downfall against Madchester, but he has no Hazard so with him having to play twice i'm hoping it will be the difference. I had plenty of battles with EPG in the championship last season, i can't remember off the top my head what our results were head to head. I won the most important match-up on the last gameweek of the season to clinch the title. Tom's a very knowledgeable and shrewd manager and he always had a few tricks up his sleeve when i played him. I expect a tough match regardless of transfers he may or may not have :D !!

3, Tell us about your team, recent transfers and how you are going to deal with having no Harry Kane?

Well i have to be honest and say i have no transfers but have a healthy budget. I took out Declan Rice for Charlie Taylor so i could afford to upgrade Auba to Salah. It kind of worked because Salah got star man but Declan Rice seems to be an improving star. Yes i can't transfer out Kane, but i hear that Moura is back in training so i'm hoping he can play up top and bag a goal or two.

4, Your recent form is very worrying. Do you think you can survive the dreaded drop?

Well, i have to say yes, but as mentioned earlier my game with EPG is crucial in catching WNP who has a tricky tie with Blademan. I have to say that by receiving no ridicule from my fellow prem managers speaks volumes for themselves as individuals and it's a league that i would very much like to be part of next season.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Awesome work boss 8-)

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Cheers Simon..

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

Great work Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Love it👍🏻 Some great comments by the managers and top work woody👏🏻

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Thanks both. Still tomorrow mornings to look forward to..

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

My answers may change overnight

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Wish I’d have taken this more serious now with it becoming fun and a bit of banter 😓 - love the write ups...I suppose it’s not all doom n gloom as I’m sure Ronny will do something similar when we’re both in the Championship next season...😁

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Woody when will Ronny’s be posted?

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Brilliant work woody🤗👏. Hopefully I don’t get sacked before the next press conference 😞

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Blademan wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 20:53 Great work Alan
😂😂 “This is liquid football!”😂

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

CBN wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 21:02 Woody when will Ronny’s be posted?
:D sorry no Ronny. Only prem managers.

I suppose the idea was interpreted in different ways. No one knew how others would respond so just answered how they felt and it’s what made it more fun.

I’d definitely be up for doing it again but end of feb/early March time..

It was very time consuming.,

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Blademan wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 20:58 My answers may change overnight
It may be unfair but I will allow an extra sentence for each question. I already have your questions and answers laid out on a draft posting.

Up to you.,

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

mad dog wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 19:49
woody123 wrote: 01 Jan 1970, 01:25
Can anyone unfortunate enough to know mad dog personally please give him a nudge and ask him to reply :wink:
Uncalled for 😂
Indeed it was., :lol:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

woody123 wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 22:53
CBN wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 21:02 Woody when will Ronny’s be posted?
:D sorry no Ronny. Only prem managers
I've had some insults in my time but that really hurt, hit a man while he's down.

The premiership has changed you Woody :cry:

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Never mind Ron.

You could be involved next season if we don’t criss cross each other at the end of the season.

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Blademan

Gameweek 21 vs WNP(Fri 18th Jan-Thurs 24th Jan)
Previous results
GW12 - Blademan 56 - 68 WNP
GW3 - Blademan 25 - 61 WNP

Gameweek 20 -Blademan 43 - 50 Llama (Fri 11th Jan-Thurs 17th Jan)

1, Commiserations on losing such an important match vs Llama. What would you say proved to be your downfall in that match?

Aguero I think cost it me as would have expected him to play v wolves and score points.

2, You face WNP this week and with his Liverpool block defence vs Crystal palace are you worried at all?

not fell kind for me this week and although he's got 3 injuries he has 3 transfers, desperately hoping for a palace goal but can't see it.

3, You haven't beaten WNP in your two previous meetings. Do you have any transfers up your sleeve to get one over on him this time?

1 to replace Kane but not sure who to replace him with

4, I know managers don't often like to talk about other managers and their teams etc.. Following your awful run of five defeats in a row through October & November can you feel Madchester's joy of finally scraping a victory against Woody? You recovered well from your slump in form, are there any words of encouragement you can give for bottom of the table Madchester so he can continue to improve?

no sympathy for mad, he is where he deserves to be as he's never done anything in any dream team comp except for winning 100k once..complete fluke!!

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

Mad Dog

Gameweek 21 vs Gutshot (Fri 18th Jan-Thurs 24th Jan)
Previous results
GW12 - Gutty 72 - 41 Mad Dog
GW3 - Gutty 55 - 35 Mad Dog

Gameweek 20 - Mad Dog 44 - 68 CBN (Fri 11th Jan-Thurs 17th Jan)

1, Bad luck in losing to CBN this week. It seems that CBN having Jesus & Salah made the difference. Do you have any available transfers to strengthen your team to equally match their threat?

No I’m all done for transfers and I still have kane so I’m already playing with ten men and will have to carry the spurs hitman until the February transfers kick in.

2, You seem to have lost ground on those at the top just recently. What do you think your chances of winning the title are?

Losing the last three hasn’t been great but I’m still nine points off top and a few wins will put me right back in the mix. Llama has a bye this week playing madchester. So the gap could be 12 points and looks unlikely for me.

3, You play Gutty this week. It looks as though, on paper, that you have the upper hand with a your City & Chelsea heavy side. You must fancy your chances of a win?

Playing with ten men!! - gutty has the clear advantage. hopefully aguero will start and can bang a hattrick but his Salah and Rashford looks a nice pairing and I think it will be another defeat for me.

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

MADCHESTER UTD

Gameweek 21 vs Llama (Fri 18th Jan-Thurs 24th Jan)
Previous results
GW12 - Madchester 19 - 36 Llama
GW3 - Madchester 34 - 46 Llama

Gameweek 20 - Madchester Utd 58 - 48 Woody123 (Fri 11th Jan-Thurs 17th Jan)

1, Congratulations on your win versus Woody this week. You were just 4pts behind before the City v Wolves match kicked off. Did you fancy your chances of a win before kick off.

Yeah I knew I had chance of big points with my city coverage before the city v wolves game. Once I saw Jesus in starting XI ahead of aguero I was even more confident of a 1st win in 10 games to stop the rot.

2, Your position in the table has been met with much ridicule by many other managers in this league and the championship. What do you say in response, and what everyone wants to know is, can you escape the dreaded drop?

To be honest the criticism received from other managers is justified, as everyone knows that Madchester Utd are steeped in glory so to lose 9 in a row is unheard of. I’ve seen the reports of big Sam being linked with my job so I’m thankful to the board for not pulling the trigger. As for escaping relegation, as long as it’s mathematically possible, I’ll keep plugging away. There’s still enough games to turn it around.

3, You have a very difficult tie vs Llama coming up this week. Your Man City defence may again get you the win. Do you think you can beat the runaway leader of the prem?

Liam is flying at the moment and his midfield 4 is ridiculous so I’m going to need a city clean vs Huddersfield to have any chance of winning. Just hoping peps selection vs Burton is in my favour.

4, What do you think your squad is missing? You may need a city midfielder, a Sane or a Sterling? This would depend on transfer availability. Do you have transfers available to make any changes.

I thankfully do have a transfer to take out Kane but my midfield needs some work. Finally got rid of Maddison but it’s still a weak area. With most of the other 9 having stronger midfields it could be my downfall but as long as I’m shrewd with my next 4 transfers then I can adress that issue. Despite being bottom, the team is better than people think so no reason why Madchester Utd can’t ruffle a few feathers against the top sides.

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

That's all of them now Lads.

Thanks to everyone for getting involved. It wouldn't have been as good had you all not responded.

A big thanks to you the ones not doing so well or in bad form who don't post very often in the thread WNP, Mad Dog, EPG & Madchester.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Nice one woody, been london this weekend, only just read up. Lookin forward to my mrs helping me kick cbns asse now..... no need simon :D

woody123
FISOhead

Post by woody123 »

gw21results.jpg
gw21table.jpg
Llama beats Madchester comfortably to continue his long standing good form 74-48. It was close at times though and could have swung the way of the bottom placed side. Llama still in control at the top but still has Gutty breathing down his neck in 2nd. Liam was right to be wary of Dan's challenge.

Lee may have heaped praise on his opponent in his recent press conference but showed his ruthlessness with a 57-36 victory over CBN. Lee stays in 5th but will be hoping that those above him slip up and he marches on with his 4th victory in a row. CBN drops to 4th following that defeat. Lee meets the in form Gutty in GW22.

I beat EPG 61-45 in a match that was very close until the Chelsea v Tottenham fixture. That win still leaves me in 8th but puts me nearer WNP in 7th. EPG is 5pts adrift of safety in 9th. Bad luck Tom.

Blademan wins a very tight game with WNP by just 5pts, 57-52. Blademan moves up into 3rd but is 5pts off Gutty in 2nd. WNP has now lost 4 in a row and remains 7th. That goal for Palace was just what Blademan wanted.

Gutty keeps in touch with Llama at the top with a 47-38 victory over Mad Dog. Gutty remains 2nd, and just a point off Llama in top spot. That's Mad Dog's 4th defeat in a row and the strugglers are beginning to catch him up as he lies in 6th. Gutty meets an in form Lee in GW22. Gutty thought it would be tough and it was.

GW22
Madchester v EPG
Llama v WNP
Woody v CBN
Blademan v Mad Dog
Lee v Gutty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

Nice one Woody👍🏻 Yep Hazard to the rescue for me.

Now to take on Lee, I have offered him a bung so hopefully he accepts🤭

Seriously though I think we are probably down to five to win it. Whist I think from 3rd downwards could still face relegation.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

gutshot wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 16:48 Nice one Woody👍🏻 Yep Hazard to the rescue for me.

Seriously though I think we are probably down to five to win it. Whist I think from 3rd downwards could still face relegation.
I have accepted the bung gutty so i will leave kane in 🤠.
How have ya done against me this season so far 🕺.
Think its between you and Liam for title, one of ya may go on a bad run and drop off but cant see both of ya.
I'm looking for a few more wins to relax and have a healthy gap away from relegation.
Good stuff woody once again.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gutshot »

leethomas wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 17:34
gutshot wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 16:48 Nice one Woody👍🏻 Yep Hazard to the rescue for me.

I have accepted the bung gutty so i will leave kane in 🤠.
How have ya done against me this season so far 🕺.
Think its between you and Liam for title, one of ya may go on a bad run and drop off but cant see both of ya.
I'm looking for a few more wins to relax and have a healthy gap away from relegation.
Good stuff woody once again.
No idea but i take it from your dance you’ve had the better of it🤔

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”