To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Next Season's John Morrison Elite League & Side Games

A Forum for discussion and comment on Sun Dream Team Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games
jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Next Season's John Morrison Elite League & Side Games

Post by jeffmcgow »

This is a tough one for me to post but here goes....

At the end of this season I'm going to be calling it a day as far as running the league and side games is concerned.

I've enjoyed running it, but I'm now finding that I've lost my edge a little (I did turn 55 a week ago :lol: ) and everything is taking a little longer. Also, with the added complexity of the Sun game increasing the amount of time I am now spending on fantasy football, something has to give.

Hopefully there'll be someone to pick up the reins for next season which will be the Elite League's tenth. If there is I'll be more than happy to continue running and sponsoring the John Morrison FA Cup.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Re: Next Season's John Morrison Elite League & Side Games

Post by Backlash »

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse :( .
It must take up so much of your time Jeff which must affect your own teams.
Thank you so much for the effort over the years.

I'm off to cry.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

:cry: :cry: ...... Dont worry dan, just do what ive done.... Pretend you never read this :| ...just a bad dream.

Thanks for all your hard work jeff, much appreciated by all, im going to do my damned hardest to win the fa cup in honour of you :P you have been a star. Plus nice one danny for taking over, every credit to you mate.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Heartbreaking news :cry: I am devastated :( however I fully understand, must take up so much time. Your efforts have been greatly appreciated in running the best Sun dream team mini league.

Mrs mcgow won't know what to do with you :lol:

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

sad day for fantasy football

you've been a star Jeff and do a fantastic job in running all the different side games, enjoy your well earned retirement

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Oh no!

Gutted to hear this but at the same time I totally understand. I can only imagine the amount of time it all must consume.

Thanks for all your excellent work Jeff. It's been a golden age for the Elite League.

Hopefully someone can take over next season. I nominate Backlash :wink:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I want to say that I don't agree with this and vote against the motion. Do you fully understand what this potentially does to the dreamteam world Jeff. This is worse than dreamteam itself stopping.

Can u imagine the carnage if Danny or God forbid someone like keegan ran it :shock:

I'm off to dig a large hole :cry: :cry:

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Your 100% correct ronny, me or danny would make a complete mess of it, think you are the only person to take this on.... Nice one

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yeah not a bit of me.
CBN would be perfect.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

leethomas wrote:Your 100% correct ronny, me or danny would make a complete mess of it, think you are the only person to take this on.... Nice one
I have the body and looks for the job but unfortunately my brain spectacularly lets me down in anything involving technical requirements.

You however though Lee, hang on, no sorry 0 out of 3 isn't enough by a long shot

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Backlash wrote:Yeah not a bit of me.
CBN would be perfect.
I vote robot. He's a machine

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Haha.

I like the idea that we reject Jeff's retirement plan and force him to carry on for 10 more years.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leethomas »

blademan and madchester are doing a good job of their leagues.... They must be in the running :P

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

leethomas wrote:blademan and madchester are doing a good job of their leagues.... They must be in the running :P
Are they running leagues :shock:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Full of admiration for the dedication you have put into this over the years Jeff and I bet this decision has really weighed on your mind.

The Elite League will live on, I am sure, but we'll have to accept that none of us could do it quite as well as you.

JOHNBOY72
FISOhead

Post by JOHNBOY72 »

CBN wrote:Full of admiration for the dedication you have put into this over the years Jeff and I bet this decision has really weighed on your mind.

The Elite League will live on, I am sure, but we'll have to accept that none of us could do it quite as well as you.

Totally agree. well said that man :D

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

the-postman wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
You missed a few out Matt :( :( :( :( :(

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Sorry to hear this Jeff, but I think we were lucky to get this season from you. Maybe you will have a change of heart, but thank you for your work.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Thanks for all your hard work Jeff.

Best side game on FISO bar none and THE only reason I continued to play the abomination of a fantasy football game that is Dream Team.

So every cloud...

Enjoy your retirement.

Cheers! :)

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

All the best jeff, you've been an absolute legend with running the leagues! everyone on here appreciates all of the hours you have put in to making the leagues so good. ive struggled to do a measly 15 team league table once a week so how you managed to do much bigger leagues in far more detail is remarkable. not felt like this since sir alex retired! you will still enter DT next season though and the mini leagues though wont you? would be weird looking at the top of the cheap as chips and not seeing your name on it :)

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

Backlash wrote:
the-postman wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
You missed a few out Matt :( :( :( :( :(
:D

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Sorry to hear that Jeff. You did an excellent job. Thanks for all your work over the years.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

A sad day Jeff. You really took it to the next level. I'll happily collect the money but I don't have the capabilities to do the champions league, Europa and FA cup. To be honest I'll only post the table if I'm doing well.

I'll nominate CBN.

Harpo10
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Harpo10 »

Sad news! Thanks for all the effort you put in to the league and side games, they really are the best around by far.

waynebo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Midfield Master Picker TW3 winner 2016

Post by waynebo »

Thank you for all your efforts mate, hopefully somebody will take over the reins and it shall carry on.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Many thanks everyone for all the positive messages :)

I will most certainly be playing DreamTeam next season, and hopefully I'll use some of my free time to take a little more care over my team selection and transfers :oops:

PS I'll definitely be in the Cheap as Chips if Andy is good enough to run it, Madchester ;)

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I thought fifties was the new forties.
Even for the short time I have been playing, really appreciate the time that you put in to expeditiously update scores/tables and keep everyone informed.
Your administration will be missed.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Echo the thoughts of all the other posts Jeff, have only been playing for 2 years and as someone who plays all 4 versions of FF and plays most of the relevant side games on Fiso/ runs some. Fully get how much skill and effort you must have put into this over the years.
You've got the skill to scrape the info from the Sun, the skill to put it together/create tables in a presentable fashion and that must take a bit of doing especially the euro side game.
You then also have to be free and able to do this at the relevant times in the game, even with the skill to do it quickly it must be time consuming.
There are only a handfull of people on Fiso with that skill set.(and most do not play the sun game)
It needs to be kept going but not sure who could do it to that level, creating the league and taking the money anyone can do but adding in all the side games is another matter.
Perhaps the answer is a joint effort?

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Thank you fox and robot. :)

It's very good of you both to have made those comments.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”