To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

ISO SDT - Season 2

A Forum for discussion and comment on Sun Dream Team Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

ISO SDT - Season 2

Post by Ashers »

Welcome to Season Two of ISO SDT.

ISSACA won the first season and now has the pleasure of choosing thre starting eleven for match day one. ISSACA will post his initial thoughts on the team and others can then give feedback for ISSACA to consider. ISSACA has the final say on the starting eleven and all players must have this team selected for the first kickoff.

The game originally started with ISO TFFO and is now a strong established game in ISO OFL.

With the three changes per month this game now plays right into the hands of SDT.

Introduction to the game.

The rules of ISO are quite simple. Every participant starts with the same (agreed) line-up. From then onwards, everyone may manage their own team as they like, and we will see who has managed their transfers the best, and who has won ISO 2016/2017

Teams should be called "ISO <username>" (eg. ISO Ashers), and it is one team per person.

Participation

This game is open to any FISO member, whether you're an ex-TFFOer, an OFL regular, both or even neither! Obviously you can still win any of SDT's prizes and the winner will have the honour (and the right to choose next season's starting team). It's all the fun of any entry in SDT, minus the trouble of deciding your starting squad yourself, plus the extra banter and competition provided by the ISO challenge. Get involved!

Team

By tradition, the starting squad is decided by the previous year's ISO winner and following a process of discussion and debate amongst entrants, criticised and changed until a final 11 is settled on.

The team will finalised about a week before the season starts, so that managers away in the run-up to Week 1 can still set up their team with the correct team.

Please add your name to this thread and enter a random team to the below mini league until we sort out the final eleven.

Mini League Details:

ISO SDT
AJA7DK74

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: ISO SDT - Season 2

Post by S_sutton87 »

I'll give this a go please

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

I'm in again Ashers.

Thanks for organising :)

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yeah I'm in.

ISSACA
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fiso Champions League Winner 11-12, Fiso Champions League Runner Up 14-15, Fiso Elite League Winner 14-15, Copa de Tinta JT Winner 2014, Sun DT ISO Winner 15-16.

Post by ISSACA »

The initial suggestion for this seasons 2016/17 ISO team is as follows

GK - Mignolet Sole reason he I selected him he was the top scoring GK in last seasons game at at just £3.5m if he starts raking in his pts he may be 5m before you know it.

Back 4

Monreal - I like him he was a star last season and should be a permanent fixture in the Arsenal back 4
Alberto M - Think he is priced perfectly at 4m, had a great pts return last season and if he repeats pts scoring from last season his price will be sure to rise
Bailly - No idea about him, Ivory Coast defenders are not my specialty but if he preforms well then 3.5m he will be a bargain for a Man U defender. Bailly has been given the number 3 shirt so looks like he could be a regular or a pricey bench warmer for £30m
Bertrand - I included him for the sole reason to create some discussion will he play the europa games will he be one of them players that has a bad run of form and devalue? as he was never truly worth 3.5m to begin with?. He was injured for a part of last season so his modest 90pt return could have been a lot higher

Back 5 value 19m

Middle 3

De Bruyne - Has all the potential to be this seasons top scoring midfield player or someone who is just overpriced to be true value?
Coutinho - Liverpools only star midfield player?, when he plays well Liverpool play well or far better options out there for less money
Mkhitaryan - No idea on how to pronounce his name correctly, one player that could rejuvenate Man U or flop like Man U's last big signing from Dortmund, I think he may start the season flying so worth could be well worth the 5m investment

Front 3

Aguero - Games top valued player for a reason 300pts plus return will be very nice
Nolito - I never pick 2 forwards (not Strikers!!!) from the same team but possibly selected him just to create a reaction!
Rodriguez - With Pelle gone the English lad with a Spanish sounding name if fit may shine bright! Or feature only Thursday nights (only had 2m left also by time I had to pick my 11th player!)

Front 6 Value 31m

Over to you boys to discuss, I have NOT factored in the fixture list or teams that may or may not be in Europe as its all up for debate - Issaca
Last edited by ISSACA on 21 Jul 2016, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

im in again

mignolet - is he 1st choice ?
monreal - cant defend and could be replaced by klopp before season starts
mkhitaryan is pronounced mick targaryen for game of thrones fans
nolito - :shock:
rodriguez - even more of a :shock:

well done last season mate

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Hi a very interesting eleven there I like the midfield all very strong and think they will be some of the highest scoring midfielders this season.
With mignolet I'm not sure he will be starting they may go with karius. I think Bertrand will be a nailed on starter for Southampton.
With nolito he could be a surprise package but you also have bgatshuayi at the same price

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

I think Shaw at £2.5 mil should be good value for money.
There has got to be better than Rodriguez I would think?

Decent looking team though.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Shaw, Stones and Terry look steals this season at the prices on offer.

All should be guaranteed starters and would look to get at least one of these in the team.

Would then free up find to replace Nolito and Rodders.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Does Monreo go by another name? I can't see him on the player list.

I've had a look on Bing but can't find anything.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

jeffmcgow wrote:Does Monreo go by another name? I can't see him on the player list.

It is Moreno

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 1224,d.ZGg

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

jeffmcgow wrote:Does Monreo go by another name? I can't see him on the player list.

Alberto?

Karius will start I would say.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Hi all, I'll have a do this season if ok, didn't do it last year.......Didn't really know what was happening.....
My input would be , think we have to have God in ( sorry zlatan) agree think Moreno is dodgy, not sure of starting, plus think better goalscorers out there than nolito. Luke Shaw seems very popular obviously if he can make left back his own, 2.5 is a steal!!

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

I'm in again please a great side game that I defo want to be apart of...

Some rum picks though if I'm honest !

:D

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

Backlash wrote:

It is Moreno

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 1224,d.ZGg
Thanks Backlash

I had a look at the £4M defenders as well but I was looking for someone beginning with "M" not "Alberto" :oops:

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

Nice team

I would like to suggest some alternatives if I may:

Mignolet ---> Butland 4m. Not sure that Mignolet might be first choice but I would go with Butland as he is a good goalkeeper. Had a good run of clean sheets in his debut season picking a load of star man awards before his injury. With Stoke keeping a settled side and with Shawcross back from injury, they could well at the back. They may play with two defensive midfielders - Imbula been impressive in his first six month's last season and Joe Allen played well at the Euros.

Moreno ---> Clyne 4.5m. Moreno makes too many defensive errors for my liking. Get attacking but leaves gaps behind him that other teams fully exploit. He may be replaced. Clyne is a solid defender that will play the majority of games. By being second choice at Euro 2016, he might want to play better to take back the England right back role.

Monreal ---> Van Dijk 5m. I like to double up defenders from a single team. Maybe overpriced but her is a defender that can be a serious threat at set pieces. He had 25 shots in 34 league games last season and he felt he should have scored more.

De Bruyne ---> Lamela 4m. Big fan of De Bruyne. Always had in my team (world cup 2014, last season and Euro 16) but now is the time I feel he costs just too much. He may be worth but I like to go in a different direction myself (bit boring choosing the same players all over again). Spurs had the most shots at goal last season and Lamela did good with 5 league goals and 9 assists. Only midfielders Mahrez and Mane had more shots in the box than Lamela. Granted, his finishing is poor but I feel now he is the right stage to improve his game (by gaining sufficient league and international experience) and fulfilling his potential under Pochettino. Lamela did well in Europe last season so may enjoy the champions league nights. The lad's got ability, he just needs to show it on a consistent basis.

Rodriguez ---> Long 4m. Works hard up front giving defenders lots of grief (Maybe too many Southampton players now).

Nolito ---> Musa 3m. Musa seems to be a good player and I personally like Leicester's style of play with the rapid attack from defence to attack. Don't think the champions are going to lie down and give up the title that easily, they still have a manager and team good enough to challenge and also a effective tactical system that most teams can't handle. Leicester may surprise us again.

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

Can I suggest my 1st recommendation please

Mane

I see lots of goals this season with Liverpool.

The lad is excellent a real pain in the arse for defenders.

Was his hat trick the fastest in premiership history?
Could be wrong on that but was amazing to watch that day.

Think Liverpool will have a good cup run this season .
Obviously push for European football which I think they will manage comfortably.

Mane 4.5m cab see a good return on that price

ISSACA
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fiso Champions League Winner 11-12, Fiso Champions League Runner Up 14-15, Fiso Elite League Winner 14-15, Copa de Tinta JT Winner 2014, Sun DT ISO Winner 15-16.

Post by ISSACA »

Typo on my part...!

ISSACA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ISSACA »

mmikkeelee wrote:Can I suggest my 1st recommendation please

Mane

I see lots of goals this season with Liverpool.

The lad is excellent a real pain in the arse for defenders.

Was his hat trick the fastest in premiership history?
Could be wrong on that but was amazing to watch that day.

Think Liverpool will have a good cup run this season .
Obviously push for European football which I think they will manage comfortably.

Mane 4.5m cab see a good return on that price
Who in the front 6 would you drop for him?

ISSACA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ISSACA »

gutshot wrote:

Alberto?

Was there talk of Karius been selected for the Olympics and miss the start of the season?

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: ISO SDT - Season 2

Post by S_sutton87 »

ISSACA wrote:
gutshot wrote:

Alberto?

Was there talk of Karius been selected for the Olympics and miss the start of the season?
There was but he confirmed he won't be going so is available for the start of the season

ISSACA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ISSACA »

mmikkeelee wrote:I'm in again please a great side game that I defo want to be apart of...

Thats the idea to throw in a few 'rum' picks...the idea is to create debate and to see who manages or how quick you can dump the 'rum picks' as you call them best throughout the season if they end up in the final team.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

Forgot to say I would like to be in this competition :D

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mmikkeelee »

ISSACA wrote:
mmikkeelee wrote:I'm in again please a great side game that I defo want to be apart of...

Thats the idea to throw in a few 'rum' picks...the idea is to create debate and to see who manages or how quick you can dump the 'rum picks' as you call them best throughout the season if they end up in the final team.
Yes I know mate just abit of tongue and cheek loved playing this last season..

Yea regarding who to drop it would have to coutinho.
Hear me out ..

I think mane will score more , possibly more assists.
Plus frees up 1m
Will there be much in these by end of season ?
I could be wrong here but I think mane will pip him on points..
Just a suggestion matey.

ISSACA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ISSACA »

Ashers wrote:Shaw, Stones and Terry look steals this season at the prices on offer.

All should be guaranteed starters and would look to get at least one of these in the team.

Would then free up find to replace Nolito and Rodders.
Shaw, possibly great value but will he go straight back into the 1st team?

Stones, he didn't really set the league alight last year...whats going to be different this year???

Terry...not a steal if OR when they sign a new CB!

Nolito is the perfect guy to start the game with...he is a later bloomer in the world of football and I have a feeling he may be a regular in the Man City team but first window is September so those that are not happy with him can dump those that want to risk him can keep him!

ISSACA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ISSACA »

mmikkeelee wrote:
ISSACA wrote:

Yes I know mate just abit of tongue and cheek loved playing this last season..

Yea regarding who to drop it would have to coutinho.
Hear me out ..

I think mane will score more , possibly more assists.
Plus frees up 1m
Will there be much in these by end of season ?
I could be wrong here but I think mane will pip him on points..
Just a suggestion matey.
Mane is on the shortlist then :) ...but will he make the final X1 ?!?!

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

ISSACA wrote:

Typo on my part...!
:oops: Certainly highlights my crap knowledge of football. I didn't even think of Moreno, I thought it might have been a new Arsenal signing :(

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Maybe a city defender isacca for Bertrand to start off with?? Extra games plus decent start?? 5 clean sheets first 5 games last season so they're bound to do it again :P

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

ISSACA wrote:
Stones, he didn't really set the league alight last year...whats going to be different this year???
Koeman - Will sre up the defence and Stones could be a Man City player. :D

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Shaw will definitely be in the first team and at 2.5 is a complete steal

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”