To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

* murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 with added Zombie Reanimation *

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 with added Zombie Reanimation *

Post by Jamjack »

Ok so I think I’ve just about got this now which is incredibly quick for me.

One question though. Do all the undead compete in each Zombie reanimation or is it just the undead gathered in the previous 5/6 weeks. Do the undead get one more chance at immortality or 6 extra chances?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 with added Zombie Reanimation *

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 22:01 Ok so I think I’ve just about got this now which is incredibly quick for me.

One question though. Do all the undead compete in each Zombie reanimation or is it just the undead gathered in the previous 5/6 weeks. Do the undead get one more chance at immortality or 6 extra chances?
The undead are always knocking on the door. Their numbers increase throughout the season so the recently deceased theo29 has 6 chances at retaining mortality (each time getting harder as numbers increase). You can die, come back as a zombie, die again and then try again for reanimation as often as you can fit in.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 23:04
Jamjack wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 22:01 Ok so I think I’ve just about got this now which is incredibly quick for me.

The undead are always knocking on the door. Their numbers increase throughout the season so the recently deceased theo29 has 6 chances at retaining mortality (each time getting harder as numbers increase). You can die, come back as a zombie, die again and then try again for reanimation as often as you can fit in.
That statements has conjured up images of hoards of the undead trying to climb in windows and doors to get at the remaining living (which I think is the main / only plot line in any Zombie film I’ve ever seen).

Intriguing. Anyone else considered whether ignoring your Highlander team until March and betting all your chips on trying to joining the party again in the last zombie reanimation is the tactic here? Sh*t or bust with 40 (cough...ok 37 in my case) transfers left....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I will tell you that was my tactic the next time I am the victim of the cull....

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

just giving notice that the recently deceased HR Corinthians will be haunting (read pm ing) the whole of this league into joining GOALS GALORE, The road to Istanbul and Gdansk, just about to get going.
I will be battling to return ASAP !

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The sword is ready but will your team have the legs to keep your neck away from it?

Immunity is now a thing of the past (like rickets or a Liverpool clean sheet).

Lowest score this weekend of the 29 survivors will bite the highland dust on sunday evening.

The other 28 can then chill over the international break with a few of these:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Time for some reminiscing. Anyone remember immunity? When you saw the Highlander movie for the first time? Liverpool keeping a clean sheet? What? That happened? Really. Yep, and I hear Michael Ricketts was on the bench for Bolton.

5 of you reminiscing about high scores what with scoring just 25-30 this week. Bit of a gap above that before yours truly on 38.

2 games for everyone to turn that around. Digne, Doherty, Kane, Aubameyang and co could take you closer to or further from the guillotine I made out of a genuine Claymore and a rubber band I had left over from an experiment with an aircraft and a runway.

Don't ask. It just doesn't.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

Highlanders ! Take notice that I have 17 days to enlist you all into GOALS GALORE. The axe has already fallen on me and the Emirates replaces the Tower later today for one of you.

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 * NEW with added ZOMBIE REANIMATION * Join NOW *

Post by murf »

CULL 2, DAY 1 SCORES

2 games to go and 2 minutes to do your panic transfers if on 30 or less!

highlaa3rda02a.png

[any mistakes on the chart above please let me know as I am tweaking the spreadsheet/formulae as I go along]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Think I struggled to mid 40s. Should be enough with no defensive points around. You can't all have Richarlison. Can you?

sportsmeister
FISO 2006 Golf Champion

Post by sportsmeister »

Think I'm up to high 40s so you might be in trouble

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

sportsmeister wrote:Think I'm up to high 40s so you might be in trouble
That was a bit unecessary - you only needed to beat Hogweed's 27.

After the international break you just need to beat 27 again. Your 27 remaining opponents. Well only one of them really.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

80! :shock:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Spinynorman wrote:80! :shock:
Bet he hasn't got Kurt Zouma, Joe Gomez and Che Adams Image

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: * murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league 2019/20 * NEW with added ZOMBIE REANIMATION * Join NOW *

Post by murf »

CULL 2, FINAL SCORES

highlaa3rda02X.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

Does it kill hogs as well as weeds? :wink:

theo29
Grumpy Old Man

Post by theo29 »

you might not be shaking in your boots this weekend of nil activity but so far only 3 of you have signed up for GOALS GALORE, THE ROAD TO ISTANBUL & GDANSK. Do it now before you start being anxious again on the 14th.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

theo29 wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 08:39 you might not be shaking in your boots this weekend of nil activity but so far only 3 of you have signed up for GOALS GALORE, THE ROAD TO ISTANBUL & GDANSK. Do it now before you start being anxious again on the 14th.
I'll be on the road, just don't want to set out too early....

shalhassan
Treebeard

Post by shalhassan »

Ok, 2 culls, 2 times I've missed it by 1 place..... time to take a claymore to my team... The Wee Free Men may well bee a little more Wee by the weekend!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

shalhassan wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 20:07Ok, 2 culls, 2 times I've missed it by 1 place.....
Sounds like perfect play to me.... if you have nerves of steel.... and a handy toilet

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 3, DAY 1 SCORES

Just 3 games to go and most of the big teams gone. Do you have the odd Wilson (Cilson or Hilson), Aubameyang, Everton defender or random Watford bloke lurking for today or are you all out?

I thought my 34 yesterday was pretty rubbish but I scored 2 points for every 1 notched up by the name in red below the line (the one you don't want to be, who today is vesalius73shortof90) and there are a few of you giving me a buffer.

How will it all look after today with just the claret-and-blue-but-not-Burnley-derby to go on Monday??

highlaa3rda03a.png

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Ziggy and all of his spiders subbed and Dinghy on minus points! I'm doomed. :(

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

All depends on the Mischaps and whether they get points or mishaps.

From where I'm sitting I'm largely glad of no CSs.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Mischaps zoom up to 31.
Hogmeister stranded on 23, now 5 adrift.

Last time Hogweed, this time Hogmeister? Double bacon burgers all round?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 3, DAY 2 SCORES

So 2 more games down and just the claret-and-blue-but-not-Burnley-derby to go on Monday.

vesalius 73 has made his move and now Hogmeister sits in the cold seat. 5 points down but kept his powder try yesterday to splurge those 5 transfers tonight on, errr, some players or other.

nffc and ventosus have the windiest bottoms above that. Is an 8+ point buffer enough for Spiny and co (including me)???

highlaa3rda03b.png

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Aaaaagh!!!

After last year's second place finish, I'd thought I had a shot at going one better this year, with a dedicated team etc. And this morning, despite being bottom of the weekly table, had thought I was going to be OK - I had the full five transfers available ahead of tonight's match.

And then... had one more drink at the pub tonight and so was much later than planned. As I was arriving home I realised I had cut it too fine. Got back in at exactly 8:00 and out of time :shock: :evil:

Just five minutes earlier would have given me enough time to make those transfers!!

Rookie mistake.

So that's me out for this year I'm afraid.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Two weeks time and you can come back as a reanimated zombie - if you can stay out of the pub that is.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

murf wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 20:28 Two weeks time and you can come back as a reanimated zombie - if you can stay out of the pub that is.
Oh yes, had forgotten about that :D Will have a go for that - and at least those five transfers are still in the bank!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Hogmeister wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 22:24
murf wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 20:28 Two weeks time and you can come back as a reanimated zombie - if you can stay out of the pub that is.
Oh yes, had forgotten about that :D Will have a go for that - and at least those five transfers are still in the bank!
You had a player tonight. Shame it wasn't a defender. 7 points would have put you into a tie-break...

ventosus
Treebeard
FS Record: Works league winner 1999, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011

Post by ventosus »

too close for comfort!! need some zombie-killing transfers in next week....can feel the hordes at my back :shock:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”