To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

** murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league **

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: ** murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league **

Post by murf »

Immunity for -
primitive man 54
workie-ticket 44
murf 41
jamjack 40

_aceface_ and morganb unluckily miss out by 1 (39)
Doogal is more rubbish (33) and Hogweed's 26 isn't worth mentioning.

One to go after the mish-mash of weekend matches as well as many not playing like injured Kane and Aguero , FA Cup restees and those whose whole team are sat at home - at least those facing the chop don't seem to be wasting too many team slots on Man City!

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Rubbish score yes, but I reckon it's better to save my last few transfers for the cull week rather than blow them all on trying to get immunity and failing.

Cue nobody plays in the cup and I get culled anyway....

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

At least my team looks perfectly set up for an FA Cup weekend without City ! :D this is my last chance for glory this season so rest assured I won’t be resting any players :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Just realised I got immunity by 2 points, the exact score I was cursing my transfer for getting me!

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

hogweed wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 22:36 At least my team looks perfectly set up for an FA Cup weekend without City ! :D this is my last chance for glory this season so rest assured I won’t be resting any players :wink:
I have the opposite problem (unless there is an element of sarcasm in your comment re City coverage :wink: ).

This game is a really interesting discipline (thanks Murf!). My team in this league is my only team that is City heavy - not sure why. But for me getting very lucky with the right City players last weekend, I reckon I’d have been odds on for an exit this weekend (or at least blow 5 transfers).

Despite that risk there was no point me changing those City players (to prepare for the cup weekend) as they played last.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

From another in the relegation zone - I've really enjoyed this competition and hope it runs again next season. I played it totally wrong at the start but would hope to challenge better next time around. My team is probably half way between FA Cup ready and Man City heavy so this weekend will be touch and go. I like the way that the scores of the teams above/below the line have been so close in recent weeks. The element of luck is also important.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Has been interesting, glad it is being liked - and thanks for the feedback and all contributions :D (running a comp can become a drag if the posts dry up and you start to feel you are talking to yourself!). No reason not to bring it back next year.

I just chucked in a random half-decent team, which has turned out to be my best one that is up for cash elsewhere so I can't disadvantage it by transferring just to win this (eg would be no point replacing Kane this week as I have immunity but rest assured he'll be gone for needed points elsewhere). Next year it will be a dedicated team!

Worth noting that this comp will soon change to a single week knockout so a more balanced team should prevail. Any (semi) block defences will be at a large disadvantage as soon as they concede one - or when other teams have a 2 for 1 in any week.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

I’ll certainly return next year if you are good enough to run the comp again. I’d expect it to be popular.

Highlander specific teams “should” run out of transfers before the end so the season so the game will take on another nature when you are left to hope that your balanced team has enough momentum to see out the last few weeks.

If I hang on that long, I imagine it will feel quite liberating to watch the dice roll each weekend without the being able to make transfers.

_aceface_
Kevin and Perry

Post by _aceface_ »

I take it we all have Salah? ;-)

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

Looks like Doogals Candle could be blown out in the wind :wink:

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

You beat me to saying that :( Or blizzard, maybe. I didn't gamble enough with transfers on Saturday. Good luck to the rest of you. Great game - I hope you run it again next year, murf - I'll enter a team especially for it.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Unlucky Doogal - you beat all 4 of us that have immunity.... :shock:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Is this the last round with the immunity/out 2-week cycle? Scores are up and it's not looking good...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

morganb wrote:Is this the last round with the immunity/out 2-week cycle? Scores are up and it's not looking good...
I believe so, that is what I calulated before the break. Will double-double check when I put the scores up.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 13 - WEEK 2 - FINAL SCORES

Confirming the last cull.....
highlander13X.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 14 - WEEK 1 - DAY 1 SCORES

Just today's 2 games to go and it is very close for the last 3 immunity spots of the season. After this week, the axe rate picks up and we will be culling someone every week :shock:
highlander14a.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 14 - WEEK 1 - FINAL SCORES

Well, I clearly didn't have the right players on Sunday (unlike aceface!). 55 was needed....
highlander14B.png

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

6 (SIX) goals scored but no clean sheets - so no immunity. Time beginning to run out for me I think. Wanted immunity this week so I wouldn't have to consider transfers next week.
Anyway its the cricket season now - I noticed lots of rained off games on sky sports news!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Quick elimination update:

36 murf
23 morganb
17 primitive man
15 workie-ticket

2 games.....

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Phew!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Workie's tactics didn't workie.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

And then there were 6....

A 6 team weekly straight shoot out with nowhere to hide. I’m off to preview next Saturdays fixtures to compare them to my current 11.

I remain a little City heavy which is odd as I’m sure I said I’d do something about that 4 weeks ago....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote:I remain a little City heavy which is odd as I’m sure I said I’d do something about that 4 weeks ago....
At least they are still playing for something (for now) - unlike half the league.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 00:47
Jamjack wrote:I remain a little City heavy which is odd as I’m sure I said I’d do something about that 4 weeks ago....
At least they are still playing for something (for now) - unlike half the league.
Indeed. And if Liverpool see out their advantage in the champions league I sense Pep might instead focus on breaking league records with the A team for the rest of the season. That does not help any of my other teams sadly....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

A quick reminder:

THE HIGHLANDER KILLER CUP FORMAT IS CHANGING

We are now, finally, shifting to the intended format of the lowest scoring team going out EVERY WEEK. No more immunity. The 5 remaining scheduled weeks of the league season will see the 6 of us culled one a week until only 1 remains (there can be only one). Tie-breaks will be decided on the next scoring day's scores. The FA Cup Final will therefore only be used as a possible replay for the final two man final in the final league week, finally.

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

Ah well, had a decent run in this! Good luck to all going forward. Thanks murf for organising, happy to have another go next season if this runs!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

workie-ticket wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 10:28 happy to have another go next season if this runs!
It definitely will - thanks for playing & see you in August! :D

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 14 - WEEK 2 - FINAL SCORES

And then there was 6....
highlander14X.png

(apparently workie ticket is* a beer - never knew that.....

* = sorry, was)

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Interesting that those in the relegation zone beat all of those with immunity (except W-T!)

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

I’m liking the effort with the research / creativity to conjure up the elimination pics.

It creates a morbid curiosity of what your own highlander fantasy death will look like....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”