To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

** murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league **

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: ** murf's FISO TFF Highlander Killer Cup league **

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 14:12 This suddenly became a very tough School! 82 points was one of my highest scoring teams....
Yep. 75 needed to just hold station towards the top parts of the league (say top 10-30k) but here you needed 10 more.

I hope that means you are all burning transfers :lol: Mine is my best season long team so I don't want to wreck it unnecessarily to survive here.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 17:09
Jamjack wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 14:12 This suddenly became a very tough School! 82 points was one of my highest scoring teams....
Yep. 75 needed to just hold station towards the top parts of the league (say top 10-30k) but here you needed 10 more.

I hope that means you are all burning transfers :lol: Mine is my best season long team so I don't want to wreck it unnecessarily to survive here.

I'm a tortoise by nature but in my dedicated Highlander team I am now down to single figures! I made a single transfer yesterday which wasn't quite enough for immunity but was sufficient to drag you beneath the line.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 17:09

I did notice the rather impressive overall league position and wondered what your priorities would be. This is not the weekend you want a team that good below the line and scrambling :cry:

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Yeah I made the mistake of not having a separate team for this competition, so I could use transfers a bit more tactically. I have spare unused teams as well :oops:

In recent years I’ve been a (sort of) single entrant, in that I only have one “main” team, while my other teams, like my egg cup team, all are in leagues with some form of transfer or other handicap on them.

And that single main team is the one I have entered here. So as well as trying to stay in this comp, my team also needs to deliver a respectable overall standing, and win the all-important mates league. I decided the Liverpool transfers I made a few weeks back which saved me from the chop here could be justified for my main team on the basis of extra games, but with only 11 now left, I can’t afford too many more tactical transfers to stay alive here!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Hogmeister wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 14:18 Yeah I made the mistake of not having a separate team for this competition, so I could use transfers a bit more tactically. I have spare unused teams as well :oops:

In recent years I’ve been a (sort of) single entrant, in that I only have one “main” team, while my other teams, like my egg cup team, all are in leagues with some form of transfer or other handicap on them.

And that single main team is the one I have entered here. So as well as trying to stay in this comp, my team also needs to deliver a respectable overall standing, and win the all-important mates league. I decided the Liverpool transfers I made a few weeks back which saved me from the chop here could be justified for my main team on the basis of extra games, but with only 11 now left, I can’t afford too many more tactical transfers to stay alive here!
I only have 2 'normal' teams (one in FISO £25 and one in Drunken League on here), the rest are all with varying handicaps (Eggcup, FISO 2018, Block league etc) so had to enter one of them. On the plus side it got me entry to the VIP Chairman's League where I am just outside the top 10 and can dream of top 3 glory/kudos/cash. :D

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

Last time I checked I was above the line. Bit of a shock today when I saw the league ! Better start using all these transfers I’ve been sitting on :wink:

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

I put one of my better teams in at the time of entry and haven't as of yet made a transfer specifically to stay in this game, may change if I'm still in near the end though.

Next year might have to be a dedicated team!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 11 - WEEK 2 - DAY 1 SCORES

Who would have thought that 5 out of 6 teams would have Leicester or Chelsea players in and not only that but specifically ones that weren't rested for the cup. Anyone would think there had been some panic transferring....

highlander11e.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Day 2 quick update-
24 Jamjack
18 murf
13 Doogal
9 Hogweed
8 morganb
1 Hogmeister

2 games to go

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Today I was in a charity shop, and while browsing through the CDs I came across a box with no inlay. I pulled it out and to my surprise there in the box was sat a DVD and not a CD. That DVD was the film Highlander. I took this to be some kind of omen - I am not sure if it is a good omen or a bad one, I guess I can tell you tomorrow evening after the City game. Of course I bought it and will watch it if/when I get eliminated from this game.

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

My gamble on leaving Harry out for the weekend would appear to be in tatters. It could all be over for me :cry:

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

hogweed wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 18:13 My gamble on leaving Harry out for the weekend would appear to be in tatters. It could all be over for me :cry:
Do you want to borrow my Highlander DVD?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

morganb wrote:
hogweed wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 18:13 My gamble on leaving Harry out for the weekend would appear to be in tatters. It could all be over for me :cry:
Do you want to borrow my Highlander DVD?
Watch it? He could be living it tomorrow night. Well I say 'living'....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 11 - WEEK 2 - FINAL SCORES

In a low scoring week, Hogmeister managed to be particularly low scoring and dehighlanderises thanks to a lowly 10.

highlander11X.png
Ham sandwich anyone??

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Yeah, in the end the only transfer I made this week was to bring in Aldeweireld on the basis that Spurs had an assured clean sheet and that my Man City contingent were anyway bound to pick up a good few points. That didn’t exactly go to plan :oops:

Oh well, it’s been a good run! Good luck to everyone else and thanks again Murf for running it :D

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 12 - WEEK 1 - FINAL SCORES

Well I've been enjoying the winter sunshine this weekend and have somewhat taken my eye of the (foot)ball this weekend. So lets see how I did. Oh....

highlander12A.png
5 of us fighting it out this coming week. 13 games scheduled. Unlucky for one.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

One point! That was an unexpected escape in my case. I’m a jammy sod.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Not going to fire the spreadsheet up for 1 game but the scores that matter are:

7 murf, morganb
0 robot, Hogweed, primitive man

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Robot last on 40 then me on 49. Highest just 60. Lots of big names to play.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 12 - WEEK 2 - DAY 4 SCORES

10 games down but 3 to go. Featuring 3 of the Big 5 (and Arsenal).

The bum is squeaking.
highlander12b.png

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 12 - WEEK 2 - DAY 5 SCORES

Just 1 game to go. Have we got enough Palace players???

robot has made his move out of trouble and shot past me but thankfully morganb has made his move downwards.
The bum is still squeaking. It wouldn't be if Doogal hadn't got his immunity.....

highlander12c.png

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Highlander is so 1986, 2018 is the place to be... :wink:

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

And it's (probably) goodnight Vienna

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Shirley my 73 is enough....

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 22:38 Shirley my 73 is enough....
It could be YOU!

61 + 13 (TFF Live estimation) = 74

And don't call me Shirley

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Phew. Lukakuless Robot goes out on a 69. Worse ways to go....

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Lack of signal at last nights game is my excuse :(

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 12 - WEEK 2 - FINAL SCORES
highlander12X.png
8 of us left and 9 scoring weeks (excluding cup final). Think that means 2 more rounds (4 weeks) of the two-week-per-cull which leaves us 5 weeks to drop from 6 to (there can be only) 1.

So 4 to get immunity next week then we lose one the week after to give 7 of us an international break.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

murf wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 23:27 Phew. Lukakuless Robot goes out on a 69. Worse ways to go....
Dirty boy!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CULL 13 - WEEK 1 - DAY 2 SCORES

9 down and just 1 game to go. Stoke v Man City. No Aguero and maybe or maybe not a Sterling to come so who is sweating and, more importantly, how many rufty tufty Pottery Boys do you have (or Citeh I guess)?

highlander13a.png

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”