To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tiny league season 9 - Latic wins!!

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Tiny league season 9 - The champions arrive - budget 38.5m

Post by nffc »

Mystery wrote:A slight flurry of tiny mistakes to deal with today.

At kick off, two teams were still private. Each will be removed from this league by Wednesday this week unless the respective manager posts a screenshot in this thread of their score history page scoring the team has been valid throughout.

Sibrown still has two Bournemouth players and is over budget. He will be penalised his top scoring Bournemouth player and top scoring player overall (2nd highest if a Bournemouth player is top).

Same punishment for Tiny Liverpools except that one is over budget with two Palace players.

Finally nffc has two Hull players (only just short of the number Hull actually has) so will lose points from the top scorer of the two.
FFS my first ever penalty points in any game I have played. I thought I had made a great last minute tinker bringing in diomande when he scored as well :lol:

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Haha. After me not being able to police quite as actively as I've done in prior seasons I was expecting worse! Frankly I'm amazed I got a valid team in!

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

I have fixed it, sorry.

Wanted to keep Diomande but there is no way I can transfer out my other Hull player without decimating my transfers

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

Got a red card on the first day of the season - not the first time it has happened to me. Twice before. :evil:

Got to use a transfer soon - not decided on who yet. :oops: I'll leave till next week. Not many tiny players left to play this weekend.

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Bow down people! I am top of the league! ...... May as well make the most of probably the only time I'll be able to say this, this season! :D :D :D

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

Are my eyes seeing things or is Sibrowns Tiny Train way over budget no wonder he is top :lol:

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

The league table has a funny look to it - a bit suspicious of a few teams above me. (Not saying I put a great team in but not too bad in honest opinion).

Saw one midfield of Mahrez, Barkley, Siggy and Redmond. Definitely (tiny) big hitters.

Plus with two decent strikers.

I don't mind losing as long as it is a fair game.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

At a quick glance they look fine apart from sibrowns dodgy team and two others on private.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

robot wrote:At a quick glance they look fine apart from sibrowns dodgy team and two others on private.
I saw another one with Vardy and Defoe upfront with four midfielders costing over 4.0.

I couldn't afford that with the budget.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Sorry nffc but is everyone else happy with the punishment of just one transfer for fielding two Hull players?

He gets to bring in a player he definitely knows is starting and still gets points for 11 players.

I pick a valid team and my Watford player doesn't play so I get penalised.

Might just be me being a sulky sod though. :lol:

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Maldini wrote:Sorry nffc but is everyone else happy with the punishment of just one transfer for fielding two Hull players?

He gets to bring in a player he definitely knows is starting and still gets points for 11 players.

Think he lost points as well, think nffc made an honest mistake with the two hull players. So I think his punishment is sufficient in my opinion. Rather have started with your Watford player, my one got sent off.

Well done to you for picking a valid team.
Last edited by Redrum2 on 15 Aug 2016, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Tiny league season 9 - The champions arrive - budget 38.5m

Post by Maldini »

But he only lost points he shouldn't have had in the first place, no?

Maybe the change should have taken place after the game week had finished?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Redrum2 wrote:
robot wrote:At a quick glance they look fine apart from sibrowns dodgy team and two others on private.
I saw another one with Vardy and Defoe upfront with four midfielders costing over 4.0.

I couldn't afford that with the budget.
Yes, that one is in a post further up by mystery and will receive penaltys.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Maldini wrote:Sorry nffc but is everyone else happy with the punishment of just one transfer for fielding two Hull players?

The end result for him is 1 transfer down and 11 players played,3 of which(hull/leicester/new pick) he knew line ups of.
If any of us has used 1 transfer we would of had 12 players playing (also 3 known) so probably fair?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Personally, I don't think so but it's not my side game.

One of main rules has been broken and he gets a one transfer penalty.

Never mind. Carry on. :)

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Redrum2 »

Think the teams over budget should only get appearance points from their players until their teams are under budget and meet the one player per club rule.

I wanted to bring in together the likes of Vardy, Mahrez, Siggy, Barkley, tadic but played it by the rules.

I knew if Mahrez didn't score, I could rely on another bit hitter like Barkley.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Maldini wrote:Personally, I don't think so but it's not my side game.

One of main rules has been broken and he gets a one transfer penalty.

Never mind. Carry on. :)
See what mystery says.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

At the moment with the way the TFF website is set up I'm not 100% sure I'm able to police this properly at all. Until such time as I can see what each of everyone's players have scored from the team links via the website then it's difficult to make any comment other than that already made. (Incidentally, Maldini, I'm not 100% sure about this but I vaguely recall you'd benefitted from the same leniency last season where you'd made an invalid transfer but lost no points because the extra player didn't play or scored zero)

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Found it :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=136&t=117013&start=60#p2755091
Maldini wrote:Apologies.

I thought the budget was relaxed after the game began. When does that happen then?

And it was Boruc that took me over budget so you owe me a point. :wink:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Transferring a player in who breaks the budget before the deadline and being unable to pick eleven players from eleven different teams aren't quite the same...

And I didn't put another player in to compensate the lost points...

But point taken.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Maldini (before the ninja edit) wrote:Not quite the same.
Joking aside, you have a point. But at it's heart this is a relaxed and fun competition. I don't really want to be throwing weight around, and I'm not wholly sold on there being a massive benefit taken by nffc on this one. Maybe a marginal one, but I'm happy he loses a transfer for it - on the traditional 10 pts/transfer formula this seems ok. Even with the bigger numbers of transfers then at, say, 7 pts/transfer I'm still comfortable with the penalty. In an ideal world the person running this game would have been able to police more actively in the run-up to the season beginning but I couldn't and my efforts to offload some of my admin roles on games hadn't gone well. No-ones fault there so I'm very reluctant to over-punish in this instance - in the case of the Private teams though they're out until they prove their compliance within the thread.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

No worries. Just didn't seem a particularly harsh punishment.

Nothing personal nffc. ;)

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

To be fair before the season started I would have thought playing with 2 hull players would have been punishment enough! :)

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Mystery wrote: No-ones fault there so I'm very reluctant to over-punish in this instance - in the case of the Private teams though they're out until they prove their compliance within the thread.
Mystery not sure if youve checked teams as they stand but the liverpool one is still illegal as well.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

robot wrote:Mystery not sure if youve checked teams as they stand but the liverpool one is still illegal as well.
Yes, noted. I can see that one. I haven't decided what to do about it yet if it continues into another week.

camelot70
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: joined as 035robroy July 2013

Post by camelot70 »

Don't hesitate. EVICT tiny liverpools NOW.! Has shown total disregard of the comps basic requirements. Agreed Maldini ?

topspur
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: NCG FISO winner and 4th overall 2012. Brassic Cup 2014, Early Predictions cup 2014 RTD 2014 winner+4th overall British Bulldog winner 2015 FISO 500 2014 Irish Times 6 Nations winner 2016. Last Man Standing 2016 2021 & 2023

Post by topspur »

Doesn't seem anyway back for Tiny Liverpools does there ?

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Well, that was a rather challenging update. Firstly, the penalties for the first week are to be as described earlier in this thread. If the rule-breaking continues by these teams they will just be removed later this week, as will the Private teams.

One difficulty was that sibrown has updated his team since and I can't see who is highest scoring player was for week 1, so for the time being I have applied a 15 point penalty - the highest scoring player in TFF - plus two points from the duplicate Hull player. If sibrown posts his history in thread I'll be happy to adjust the penalty down to the highest scoring player in the team, plus the highest scoring Bournemouth player.

For Owenclass's Tiny Liverpools I can see the highest scoring player and have removed his 7 points, plus again the 2 points for multiple players from a club

Nffc has just been penalised the two points.

All of which brings us to the table below, which does not include the private teams.
Tiny teams listing 16 - Formatted.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

A tidy, Tiny start. Ayew, the Hammer's big money import failed to last a half, so learning nothing, I'm signing Everton's recent big money recruit, Bolasie. Let's hope he lasts longer! :shock:

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

To update you all on the miscreants, the two Private teams have now been removed from the league (although they are still on the league table and presumably will be until the next update). Owenclass's team will also be removed unless it is in compliance with the rules by kick off tonight.

And sibrown, you still have two Bournemouth players. I'll deduct the highest scorer once again this weekend unless fixed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Links, Super Leagues and Side Games”