To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Ideas New people

A forum for Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) Links, Super Leagues and Side Games.
robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

New Ideas New people

Post by robot »

With it being that time of year for restarting the side games I normally try and come up with something different for each year.
Sometimes good sometimes average and sonetimes a non starter. :roll:
This year I cant think of anything and also run/play all the other games so time is sparse.
Also the same people tend to enter every year so the point of the post is:
Anyone with some fresh side game ideas paid or unpaid?
And new posters get looking at all the side games which will soon open and get joining

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Re: New Ideas New people

Post by Mystery »

I quite liked the Mods v FISO Ryder Cup format from a couple of years back. I don't know if we'd have more and more diverse teams somehow.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I've been thinking about a side game where you can't transfer in a player that has already been in your team.

You then have to decide if you will A for B knowing that you can't ever get A back Or do you stick with A and hope he hits form, etc.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

That sounds good I like it, and certainly worth a try but has the potential for errors when people forget what team they are doing transfers in.
Remember ronaldo in your tiny euro team :wink:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Feel free to take it on if you want.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Old idea but New year league(s) need admin.

As a progression from the Tiny League and it's restrictions I have been toying with the idea of the "Expander" for a couple of seasons.
Start off with a limted budget (eg 44m) an increase the budget by 1m per month. No player or transfer limits so should be fairly low maintenance.

Another game could be "Heaven and Hell". Each manager has two teams. The Hell teams (a wooden spoon team) total gets taken away from the Heaven team (normal team) eg 2,000 - -50 = 2,050.

No time for game admin this season so if someone wants to run these then feel free.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

I'm not sure heaven and hell would work as from my experience of running the wooden spoon it would be too easy to just get zero then it just becomes a normal league.
You would have to stipulate that the wooden team had bad players scoring low points rather than injured or non registered players scoring zero and that would becone very hard to legislate.
Regards chairmenship I'm happy to do any league if it means getting it running especially if they are low maintenence once running but I do a few already and youd get to a point where me and mystery do nearly all the side leagues,which I dont mind but it could do with some new faces playing and chairing.
I think murf offered to do 2017 league, see what he says first if he doesn't want to then ill happily set it going.

The every player only once Might be a goer will have a think on that one.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Following on from this post last year, it's that time again when the game has been launched and we need to ressurect the side leagues and if possible create some new ones.

We need some new people to have a go at chairing/administration the leagues as myself and Mystery want to cut back/ are doing new things and it becomes difficult to run multiple leagues especially the ones that need regular updates/checking for illegal players.

The tiny and super 6 leagues are leagues that need a new face taking them forward especially the tiny league as it needs a lot of checking in the first few weeks especially, I would prefer someone to come forward to run the super 6 as well to revitalise it. I can do it but it would be limited updates and no spin of cups etc so a new face would be welcome.

Thebillfella/ Streety are you still running the block and hot shots leagues?

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I always liked the leagues comp the ledge did.

Could start again from scratch with people putting themselves down for the league they feel they are at.

Could do a prem championship and league 1 if enough interest.

I'd go in at championship :D

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

4 up four down at the end of the season. One team each. Or maybe you could have two teams but had to be separate leagues to start. Just an idea

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

I missed The Ledges Drunken Leagues and would play again.
There was cash involved and plenty of updates, in the early days anyway... So would take quite a bit of admin.

He did offer to give anyone interested in taking it on, the spreadsheets etc he used.
He has a profile with link to his email, and still drops in from time to time I think - sure he would be happy to tell you all about the game.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Jester wrote:I missed The Ledges Drunken Leagues and would play again.
There was cash involved and plenty of updates, in the early days anyway... So would take quite a bit of admin.

He did offer to give anyone interested in taking it on, the spreadsheets etc he used.
He has a profile with link to his email, and still drops in from time to time I think - sure he would be happy to tell you all about the game.

I'm up for a resurrection. Even if it was one or two leagues. Do it free to enter.

shall I start a thread to gage interest.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Thinking of running with my M*ltiplier concept from a few years back. Doesn't need a dedicated team.

Now teams are more expensive, will some players now cut down on the side games I wonder?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Drunken Leagues was a good idea back in the day (originally a non FISO thing that we all jumped aboard late).

Have to start it in equal, parallel leagues (dependent on numbers), say 10 or 12 in each and the top positions get in the 18-19 Premier league.

I'm too unreliable to do any admin these days and won't run many season long teams but will happily join something like this if it takes off.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

murf wrote:Drunken Leagues was a good idea back in the day (originally a non FISO thing that we all jumped aboard late).

Have to start it in equal, parallel leagues (dependent on numbers), say 10 or 12 in each and the top positions get in the 18-19 Premier league.

I'm too unreliable to do any admin these days and won't run many season long teams but will happily join something like this if it takes off.

Yeah I'd say we'll al just bung a team in one big league this season and that will dictate what league you start in next season. But then you'd probably have a few that don't appear next season.

I'll create a drunken league reborn big league and put a thread up. I'm happy to post tables and do the work. Shouldn't take too long at all.

I think the forum needs these things to keep it going.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Controversial but just tossing this out there....

Could it be "FA Cup free" just to make it different?? Would that put anyone off??? I suppose it stops you throwing any old team in this league as well as another superleague and would mess it up if you were doing well overall (mind you if you were doing THAT well then you'd probably still win this even chasing FA Cup points). Just a thought...

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

robot wrote:Thebillfella/ Streety are you still running the block and hot shots leagues?
I am going to step down from running the hot shots league. I struggled to find the time with work and home commitments. The thread wasn't full of conversation either, just my updates on the scores.

For new leagues, I really enjoyed the draft last season. It is good fun tactically. Lost my way with the tiny and super 6, will give these a miss next season. Could we run a league where you can only have 1 player from each team?

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

An idea that I have just sent to Striker...

We could do a draft league with 10 players or so. You have to pick from an allocated team every round based on the league table from last year.
Player 1 gets to pick the first player from Chelsea and so on until player 10 goes. They then get first pick from Spurs and the draft continues. So you would share the players from the best 11 teams and stop players having a chelsea block, for example.

EDIT
I don't mind running the league if that helps :)

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Quite like that, other than there's nine teams no-one can pick from. The draft order will be quite complex too as the snake system won't work - the players at either end always get first dibs every other round so you'd need to rotate that a bit more.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Re: RE: Re: New Ideas New people

Post by thebillfella »

streety wrote:
robot wrote:Thebillfella/ Streety are you still running the block and hot shots leagues?
I am going to step down from running the hot shots league. I struggled to find the time with work and home commitments. The thread wasn't full of conversation either, just my updates on the scores.

For new leagues, I really enjoyed the draft last season. It is good fun tactically. Lost my way with the tiny and super 6, will give these a miss next season. Could we run a league where you can only have 1 player from each team?
Yes will run block league again - just on hols atm so will set up when I get back. In the meantime use last season's thread to confirm you will take part of register interest if new to the game. Image

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

Mystery wrote:Quite like that, other than there's nine teams no-one can pick from. The draft order will be quite complex too as the snake system won't work - the players at either end always get first dibs every other round so you'd need to rotate that a bit more.
Yeah it would only be the top 11 teams but it would mean that they would be shared out. There could be an option to integrate one player from the other 9 teams in a mid round transfer.

I see your concerns about the draft order. I'm not sure of a way to do it other than the snake system. Unless we did...

Round 1 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Round 2 - 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Round 3 - 5 4 3 2 1 10 9 8 7 6
Round 4 - 6 7 8 9 10 1 2 3 4 5
Round 5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Round 6 - 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Round 7 - 5 4 3 2 1 10 9 8 7 6
Round 8 - 6 7 8 9 10 1 2 3 4 5
Round 9 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Round 10 - 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Round 11 - 5 4 3 2 1 10 9 8 7 6

Does this work?