To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

extra games in the championship game - not easy

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
tommymooney
FISO Knight

extra games in the championship game - not easy

Post by tommymooney »

With all the talk of extra game opps on the TFF forum, it makes me realise how much more limited they are in TFFCH - mainly because so many more games seem to happen on a saturday at 3pm.

There are a few 3-1's opening up due to the FA cup - but these are hardly inspiring opportunities.

It means there is an even greater emphasis on finding form players rather than just 'buying' extra games as in TFF.

Anyone else agree?

Englandcollapsed
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 33rd Telegraph Fantasy European Super League 20/21 (12th TFCI, 17th TFFE, 67th TFC , 96th TFFCH)

Re: extra games in the championship game - not easy

Post by Englandcollapsed »

tommymooney wrote:With all the talk of extra game opps on the TFF forum, it makes me realise how much more limited they are in TFFCH - mainly because so many more games seem to happen on a saturday at 3pm.

There are a few 3-1's opening up due to the FA cup - but these are hardly inspiring opportunities.

It means there is an even greater emphasis on finding form players rather than just 'buying' extra games as in TFF.

Anyone else agree?
that's what I have found too. It makes it harder to pick up momentum on those above you. I have a team inside the top 300 most of the year but its fairly easy to pick the right form players at the top and with 40 transfer you can 'block' progress easily.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

I agree too.

Also, there has been a problem with updating the championship fixture grid over the last few weeks (which I hadn't spotted until just now). It has now been corrected and it even shows the gaps this weekend where fixtures have already fallen victim to the snow. I don't think I'll be using any transfers to take advantage though - just too dodgy.

SamD
FISO Knight

Extra games in the Championship

Post by SamD »

Re: thread title: the FA Cup may shake things up, especially as league leaders Newcastle have been knocked out:

- six Coca Cola Championship clubs are currently in the Cup:
WBA, Cardiff, Palace from top half; Derby, Reading, Scunthorpe from lower reaches of table

- only seven of the 25 most selected TFFCH players* may turn out again in the Cup;
so, will TFFCH managers desert the usual favourites to transfer in those with extra knockout games?

*MOST SELECTED [10% or more]
GK
Carson, WBA, £2.5m, 22.4%
Harper, Newc, £2.4m, 11.4%
Coyne, Midb, £1.8m, 10.5%
Def
Wheater, Midb, £2.7m, 38.9%
Kilgallon, ShefU, £2.1m, 29.6%
Taylor, R, Newc, £2.0m, 25.1%
St Ledger, PNE, £2.5m, 18.8%
Taylor, S, Newc, £3.0m, 14.0%
Morgan, ShefU, £2.5m, 13.7%
Rosenior, Ipsw, £2.7m, 12.7%
Olsson, WBA, £1.8m, 11.6%
Enrique, Newc, £2.3m, 11.4%
Mid
Johnson, Midb, £2.4m, 43.9%
Brunt, WBA, £3.5m, 31.0%
Commons, Derb, £3.3m, 24.8%
Campbell-Ryce, BrisC, £2.4m, 13.5%
Nolan, Newc, £3.3m, 13.3%
Ambrose, CPal, £2.1m, 12.7%
Wallace, PNE, £3.2m, 12.0%
Taylor-Fletcher, Blkp, £2.0m, 11.4%
Ledley, Card, £3.4m, 10.0%
Strk
Chopra, Card, £3.4m, 58.3%
Ameobi, Newc, £3.7m, 25.4%
Fryatt, Leic, £3.6m, 15.0%
Tudgay, ShefW, £3.8m, 11.7%

Btw, isn't it puzzling that no one from Nottm Forest, the in-form Championship side of recent months, is in the above list?

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Interesting point Sam, I'll be on the look-out for the ties in this evenings 5th round draw.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”