To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Championship Finale....

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
Red & Blue Braces

Championship Finale....

Post by Newbie »

So here's the dilemna. In 5th at the minute and have 5 subs left. I'm concerned that either Preston or Burnley could cause an upset.

I have 8 players playing over the next 2 days and 3 I need to shift. Do I:-

1) Sub in players I think will go through now to the final

2) Sit until after the first leg to make sure I have a full quota for the final

Cheers & Good luck.

dstorey
Treebeard
Location: I swear you'll never see anything like it ever again

Re: Championship Finale....

Post by dstorey »

I think that's an easy one. No point missing out on the first leg for a player to make sure he'll be in the final. Firstly, you probably won't know anyway after the first leg unless it's a decisive result, but more importantly you'll still get two games out of anyone you put in tonight/tomorrow even if they do get knocked out (barring injury or being dropped).

More difficult a decision is whether to hedge your bets and go for a few players from each of the four teams, or to gamble on one or two teams. I can only have a maximum of 9 players throughout the play-offs and I'm having real difficulty deciding whether to go all out for two teams and hope they get to the final. If they do, then I'm still in with a chance at the top but if they don't I'll probably drop out of the money positions altogether.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:I think that's an easy one. No point missing out on the first leg for a player to make sure he'll be in the final. Firstly, you probably won't know anyway after the first leg unless it's a decisive result, but more importantly you'll still get two games out of anyone you put in tonight/tomorrow even if they do get knocked out (barring injury or being dropped).

More difficult a decision is whether to hedge your bets and go for a few players from each of the four teams, or to gamble on one or two teams. I can only have a maximum of 9 players throughout the play-offs and I'm having real difficulty deciding whether to go all out for two teams and hope they get to the final. If they do, then I'm still in with a chance at the top but if they don't I'll probably drop out of the money positions altogether.
Went for an extra 1 tonight and 2 in tomorrow! But what 2? I have a funny feeling Burnley will cause an upset.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Looks like JD Rocks is full of Burnley players! He's the only one who picked up 35pts on the first legs where nearly everyone else was between 13-21pts.

Very close to call but hopefully I can stay in the top 6.

A few points for folks tonight with Sheff Utd defence though.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

These Sheff U clean sheets are going to kill me. I only have one of their defenders. At least it's Halford! I was praying for a PNE goal but it wouldn't come. I expect you'll be above me now though Craig. Big decision ahead for me tomorrow how to use my last transfer, but I've only one ambition now and that's top 6.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:These Sheff U clean sheets are going to kill me. I only have one of their defenders. At least it's Halford! I was praying for a PNE goal but it wouldn't come. I expect you'll be above me now though Craig. Big decision ahead for me tomorrow how to use my last transfer, but I've only one ambition now and that's top 6.
I've got Sheff Utd def including Halford and 3 subs left. I've got a few playing tomorrow across both. Not sure what everyone has above us though, i've started looking at points gained per night because it makes a diff, everyone should have Halford & Alexander.

Worst case scenario now is 9 in the final for me, best case 10.

Subs are so difficult to guess at this point I don't want to waste any on tomorrow as it could go either way!
Last edited by Newbie on 11 May 2009, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

I'm pretty sure the top two are Sheff U heavy at the back. Broster certainly is. Bundey may be a bit more balanced. As you say I think JD has taken the plunge on Burnley. He may drop back overnight. I got a massive 10 points tonight thanks to bookings, injuries and team selections, so I certainly will. Hard to know who anyone has got up front or in midfield because no-one is scoring anything. I think you could win with luck from here, especially if we get a few goals tomorrow night. Who would you prefer to go through between Burnley and Reading?

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:I'm pretty sure the top two are Sheff U heavy at the back. Broster certainly is. Bundey may be a bit more balanced. As you say I think JD has taken the plunge on Burnley. He may drop back overnight. I got a massive 10 points tonight thanks to bookings, injuries and team selections, so I certainly will. Hard to know who anyone has got up front or in midfield because no-one is scoring anything. I think you could win with luck from here, especially if we get a few goals tomorrow night. Who would you prefer to go through between Burnley and Reading?
I think you may move up 1 place. With regard to who I'd like to go through, I'm not sure?? Just glad I kept 3 subs.

I'd like Burnley to go through because I think they've deserved it over the season. Reading have been poor, plus Owen Coyle's a Scotsman :wink:

As long as I stay in top 6 I'll be happy. Not got the balls to go for it! lol

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

1 Foxy's D2 Rubbish Mr Bruce Bundey 1727
2 Dans Rejects Mr Daniel Broster 1723
3 JD ON THE ROCKS Mr Jonathan Dyson 1713
4 Regular Joes Mr Darren Storey 1711
5 BAREARSEALONA Mr Craig Paterson 1709
6 afc 01 Mr Stephen Blay 1695
7 Calne raiders Mr Philip Owen 1690
8 No Prima Donnas Mr Chris Raven 1686
9 BDA Mr Ben Ashe 1675
10 PONTY PANDA`S Mr Christopher Ward 1671
11 The Mighty Wigs Mr Simon Wiggin 1670

Looks like these are the 11 teams in contention now.

The top two must have two Sheff U at the back - prob Kenny and Halford. JD must have kept Halford to go with his Burnley semi-block to have kept his position :evil:

I'm only 21 points clear of the non-money places now, and looking over my shoulder big time. I will have between 3 and 6 players in the final depending on my final transfer strategy and my luck.

A hat-trick by whoever I pick up front tomorrow, followed by their team tonking Sheffield 5-0 in the final, along with a red card for Kenny would be nice.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Shambles of a night for me. Season over. I gambled on Reading, and must be the only person in the game who didn't put Paterson in. Will only have 3 in the final now, and quite likely be out of the money.

JD will be laughing I reckon. Could be an exciting finish at the top.

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

dstorey wrote:Shambles of a night for me. Season over. I gambled on Reading, and must be the only person in the game who didn't put Paterson in. Will only have 3 in the final now, and quite likely be out of the money.

Unlucky if you are out of the contention may i say. :( :( are you a city fan? if so bloody good job on doing well on the championship game, being a charlton supporter didn't help me for me. :oops:

p.s. Nicky Bailey is the top scoring midfielder. :shock:

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:Shambles of a night for me. Season over. I gambled on Reading, and must be the only person in the game who didn't put Paterson in. Will only have 3 in the final now, and quite likely be out of the money.

I nearly went all in Reading 2 tbh. But kept my subs.I'll have 9 in the final one way or another. Put Paterson in on Sat for McCormack so I reckon 14pts for me tonight - not many but decent enough.

JD will have a Burnley semi-block & Halford so I'm going to wait until the points update before deciding who to go with though.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

thecharltonfan wrote:

Unlucky if you are out of the contention may i say. :( :( are you a city fan? if so bloody good job on doing well on the championship game, being a charlton supporter didn't help me for me. :oops:

p.s. Nicky Bailey is the top scoring midfielder. :shock:

Thanks mate. Yes I'm a City fan which is another bugbear because I can't even win a football for finishing top of our supporters league. I've enjoyed this game - it's kept me interested in the Championship, which usually I'm not (unless we're in it).

I never put Bailey in as I was getting low on transfers towards the end and needed to stick with play-off certainties like Cardiff (ahem). Can't believe the run of bad luck and bad decisions I had towards the end. I think if I rewind 2 months I had a better than evens chance to win it all, but maybe its just luck evening out over the season. I'll be cheering on Newbie from here.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:
Newbie wrote:

I nearly went all in Reading 2 tbh. But kept my subs.I'll have 9 in the final one way or another. Put Paterson in on Sat for McCormack so I reckon 14pts for me tonight - not many but decent enough.

JD will have a Burnley semi-block & Halford so I'm going to wait until the points update before deciding who to go with though.
Thanks mate. Yes I'm a City fan which is another bugbear because I can't even win a football for finishing top of our supporters league. I've enjoyed this game - it's kept me interested in the Championship, which usually I'm not (unless we're in it).

I never put Bailey in as I was getting low on transfers towards the end and needed to stick with play-off certainties like Cardiff (ahem). Can't believe the run of bad luck and bad decisions I had towards the end. I think if I rewind 2 months I had a better than evens chance to win it all, but maybe its just luck evening out over the season. I'll be cheering on Newbie from here.
Thanks Dstorey, hopefully you can hang on to a place in the money though - I've enjoyed it too. Now it's a decision on who goes in my team. 0-0 for the final??? :shock:

God knows. 50/50 - very difficult. May even consolidate and go 50/50.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Newbie wrote:

Just the 6 points for Alexander for me tonight as my Reading quartet of Hahnemann, Hunt, Kitson and Long combined for the princely sum of... NIL points!!! I know they've not been prolific recently but zero points from 4 players is really taking the biscuit.

Craig, obviously wait for the update but I think your £250 will be pretty safe now with the players you have in the final. I think I'd be looking at upping your Sheff U defence even more to try and make up the ground on the leaders.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:
Newbie wrote:

Just the 6 points for Alexander for me tonight as my Reading quartet of Hahnemann, Hunt, Kitson and Long combined for the princely sum of... NIL points!!! I know they've not been prolific recently but zero points from 4 players is really taking the biscuit.

Craig, obviously wait for the update but I think your £250 will be pretty safe now with the players you have in the final. I think I'd be looking at upping your Sheff U defence even more to try and make up the ground on the leaders.
I was thinking Sheff U myself. I have Rosenior, Hunt, Doyle and Long so three of them to go. I reckon there must be a few with plenty of reading too because a few must have thought Reading would make it.
I'm 18 off top & 14 off 2nd so we can always hope. when i looked at points last night nobody got more than 15pts so..... 2 Sheff U at most.

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

There will be goals, i would definately load up the attacking side if i was in contention. although obviously players like Alexander would be a wise pick too, takes penalties and always looks lively. best of luck Newbie.

I'm thinking Utd will just scrape the win, but it's not the winning players you need, it's those goals nailed! penalty shoot out is a big possibility.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

If it were me I'd go for the two starting Sheff U strikers so you have three up front, and replace Rosenior with whichever Sheff U defender you haven't got. Burnley can score goals thoug - more so than the Blades - so it's a tough call.

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Penalty shootout with everyone blazing over the bar five times could bring me back into contention :lol:

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

dstorey wrote:Penalty shootout with everyone blazing over the bar five times could bring me back into contention :lol:
You may have a shout there! wonder if I should try and predict the 10 penalty takers from each team! lol

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Oh well 14 off top & 11 off second. Top spot is full of Burnley and second has one of each in defence anyway.

So decision time for me. 9 players in the final for me. Hoping 1st, 2nd & 3rd have no subs left and much less players than me.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Any info on the games starting 11's would be greatly appreciated today folks.
I know Burnley are at full strength but I know there's a few doubts over a few of the Sheff United players, strikers especially.

radfordred
FISOhead

Post by radfordred »

This telegraph championship fantasy football before I burn all my transfers anyone know if the play off points will count?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Rule 7.1 says up to matches played on the 28th may.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”