To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2,124th overall with 28 transfers remaining

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

2,124th overall with 28 transfers remaining

Post by Razorback »

Okay, I've pretty much ignored the team that I picked at the start of the season, haven't made any transfers and currently resides 2,890th overall;

Hahnemann (REA) :arrow: £2.3m

Ridgewell (BIR) :arrow: £2.5m
Ingimarsson (REA) :arrow: £2.7m
Halford (SHU) :arrow: £2.1m
Kilgallon (SHU) :arrow: £2m

Eagles (BUR) :arrow: £2m
Howard (SHU) :arrow: £2.4m
Bodde (SWA) :arrow: £2m
Kightly (WOL) :arrow: £3.1m

Phillips (BIR) :arrow: £4.3m
Ebanks-Blake (WOL) :arrow: £4.5m

Total Cost :arrow: £29.9m
Transfers Remaining :arrow: 40
:lol:

I'm currently 344 points behind the overall leader so (just for fun) need some help playing catch up :wink: . Looking at the recent team history page, Ingimarsson, Kightly, Bodde & Ebanks-Blake haven't played so I assume that they're either injured or out of favour and therefore need to be replaced before today's games get underway @ 3pm . Phillips also hasn't done very much so maybe he needs replacing as well?

Any suggestions on who I should be bringing into this team would be very much appreciated as I know jack about the Championship's teams & players, also do the play offs count in this competition?

Cheers...

RB...
Last edited by Razorback on 20 Apr 2009, 22:44, edited 4 times in total.

dstorey
Treebeard
Location: I swear you'll never see anything like it ever again

Re: 2,890th overall with 40 transfers remaining

Post by dstorey »

That's a very good team to have picked from the start... shame you haven't been managing it :lol:

The play-offs do count, so save a few transfers for them if you can :wink:

Ingimarsson, Bodde and Kightly are out for the season. Ebanks-Blake has missed the last couple of games through injury and is expected to be out today also, so with 40 transfers left he needs to go.

I'd change to 4-3-3 by doing the following:
Ingimarsson (REA) 2.7m :arrow: Gyepes (CAR) 1.6m
Bodde (SWA) 2m :arrow: Gomez (SWA) 1.7m or Bailey (CHA) 2.2m (you could afford Hunt, but he's playing awful at the moment)
Kightly (WOL) 3.1m :arrow: McCormack (CAR) 3.2m
Ebanks-Blake (WOL) 4.5m :arrow: Scotland (SWA) 3.4m

Phillips hasn't been worth having but might be worth keeping today, at home to Plymouth, if he starts (which he may do as O'Connor might be out today). If not, perhaps go for Cameron Jerome.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Don't bring in any Ipswich players :!:

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

blahblah wrote:Don't bring in any Ipswich players :!:
Why?...

derbynige
Grumpy Old Ram
FS Record: 5th in25s league 10/11

Post by derbynige »

hulse and commons doing ok for derby :D

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

dstorey wrote:That's a very good team to have picked from the start... shame you haven't been managing it :lol:

The play-offs do count, so save a few transfers for them if you can :wink:

Ingimarsson, Bodde and Kightly are out for the season. Ebanks-Blake has missed the last couple of games through injury and is expected to be out today also, so with 40 transfers left he needs to go.

I'd change to 4-3-3 by doing the following:
Ingimarsson (REA) 2.7m :arrow: Gyepes (CAR) 1.6m
Bodde (SWA) 2m :arrow: Gomez (SWA) 1.7m or Bailey (CHA) 2.2m (you could afford Hunt, but he's playing awful at the moment)
Kightly (WOL) 3.1m :arrow: McCormack (CAR) 3.2m
Ebanks-Blake (WOL) 4.5m :arrow: Scotland (SWA) 3.4m

Phillips hasn't been worth having but might be worth keeping today, at home to Plymouth, if he starts (which he may do as O'Connor might be out today). If not, perhaps go for Cameron Jerome.
I'm not entirely sure this team would be that much higher up the league if I had been actively managing it, at least at this stage of the season I've got some stats to guide me through the final weeks of the season.

Defensively I quite fancy bringing in a few more Birmingham players, any chance you could confirm which players start on a regular basis :?: :lol:

I'll definitely bring in Gomez (for Bodde) although not sure about switching to a 4-3-3 formation, I might bring in Bailey as a replacement for Kightly.

Striker wise will definitely replace Ebanks-Blake with Scotland, as for Phillips I'll keep an eye for the team news but is Smith @ Watford worth considering as his replacement?...

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

derbynige wrote:hulse and commons doing ok for derby :D
Good to know, I'll consider bringing in both players on 21/04/09 :D ...

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Razorback wrote: I'm not entirely sure this team would be that much higher up the league if I had been actively managing it, at least at this stage of the season I've got some stats to guide me through the final weeks of the season.

Defensively I quite fancy bringing in a few more Birmingham players, any chance you could confirm which players start on a regular basis :?: :lol:

I'll definitely bring in Gomez (for Bodde) although not sure about switching to a 4-3-3 formation, I might bring in Bailey as a replacement for Kightly.

Striker wise will definitely replace Ebanks-Blake with Scotland, as for Phillips I'll keep an eye for the team news but is Smith @ Watford worth considering as his replacement?...
Trust me that 4-3-3 is the way to go in this game, the strikers have been gold and the midfielders generally useless - the exact opposite of the main TFF Premiership game.

I recommended Gyepes of Cardiff because he's unbelievably cheap and a guaranteed starter in a defensively sound play-off team, gets forward for set pieces, and he frees up enough money to choose 3 stud strikers. You'll want to save enough to bring Ebanks-Blake back in for the next game if he's fit.

However if you're set on 4-4-2 and Brum defenders then only Radhi Jaidi is worth adding to Ridgewell. Stephen Carr at RB isn't listed in the game and Queudrue and Murphy are in competition for the LB slot.

Watford score plenty, so Smith would be a sound choice, as would Commons and Hulse.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Razorback wrote:
blahblah wrote:Don't bring in any Ipswich players :!:
Why?...

We are lucky to have the survival points in the bag.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Cardiff seem to be getting lots of soft penalties* and McCormack takes them, as well as scoring in open play too. Almost certain to be in play-offs as well.

Last Saturday at Selhurst was a case in point. :cry:

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Taking all of the above into consideration, here's what I'm thinking of doing prior to the 3pm kick-offs;

Hahnemann (REA) :arrow: Taylor (BIR)

Ridgewell (BIR)
Ingimarsson (REA) :arrow: Jaidi (BIR)
Halford (SHU)
Kilgallon (SHU)

Eagles (BUR)
Howard (SHU)
Bodde (SWA) :arrow: Gomez (SWA)
Kightly (WOL) :arrow: Smith (WAT)

Ebanks-Blake (WOL) :arrow: Scotland (SWA)
Phillips (BIR) :arrow: McCormack (CAR)

Total Cost :arrow: £27.3m
Transfers Remaining :arrow: 34

So I'm switchinng to a Birmingham semi-block and adopting a 4-3-3 formation, I'll only bring in McCormack if Phillips doesn't start today, if he does then I'll wait until 21/04/09 to bring McCormack into this team's line-up. These changes also mean that there's plenty of cash left over so that Ebanks-Blake can be brought back in once fit.

Any last minute tweaks needed to the above changes?...

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Birmingham: Maik Taylor, Carr, Jaidi, Ridgewell, Murphy, Larsson, Johnson, Bowyer, Fahey, O'Connor, Jerome
Subs: Doyle, Queudrue, Bouazza, Phillips, McFadden

Phillips on the bench....

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

Cardiff: Taylor, McNaughton, Purse, Gyepes, Kennedy, Ledley, McPhail, Rae, McCormack, Bothroyd, Chopra
Subs: Heaton, Whittingham, Eddie Johnson, Comminges, Burke

... and McCormack plays (of course), so looks like all systems go for your plan B

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

dstorey wrote:Cardiff: Taylor, McNaughton, Purse, Gyepes, Kennedy, Ledley, McPhail, Rae, McCormack, Bothroyd, Chopra

... and McCormack plays (of course), so looks like all systems go for your plan B
Yep, just waiting for the Swansea & Watford line-ups before I implement plan B...

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Razorback wrote:
dstorey wrote:Cardiff: Taylor, McNaughton, Purse, Gyepes, Kennedy, Ledley, McPhail, Rae, McCormack, Bothroyd, Chopra

Yep, just waiting for the Swansea & Watford line-ups before I implement plan B...
Okay Gomez & Scotland both start so just awaiting confirmation on Smith now...

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

He's in... go for it!

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Razorback wrote:
Razorback wrote:

Okay Gomez & Scotland both start so just awaiting confirmation on Smith now...
Confirmation received so team now consists of the following players;

Taylor (BIR)

Jaidi (BIR)
Ridgewell (BIR)
Halford (SHU)
Kilgallon (SHU)

Eagles (BUR)
Howard (SHU)
Gomez (SWA)

McCormack (CAR)
Scotland (SWA)
Smith (WAT)

Total Cost :arrow: £27.3m
Transfers Remaining :arrow: 34

Fingers crossed :D ...

dstorey
Treebeard

Post by dstorey »

I'm impressed at your sudden conversion to taking this game so seriously after total disinterest all year :lol:

Good luck!

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

dstorey wrote:I'm impressed at your sudden conversion to taking this game so seriously after total disinterest all year :lol:

Good luck!
Well I'm not taking it that seriously but it's going to be fun to see how much higher up the league I can get this team over the next four/five weeks.

Cheers for the advice, it's been very much appreciated :D ...

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

After today you can pretty much afford to swap in a hot player or two for any odd standalones, plus make very good use of the play-offs which should be five dfferent matches on five different days. If you're lucky the return of the second semi will be before the return of the first, like in the Champions League.

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

Why waste your time and energy? there is absolutely nothing to gain, relax, otherwise you might get FF burn out. I would have given up on this team long ago. Good luck in your Sky game

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

idea wrote:Why waste your time and energy? there is absolutely nothing to gain, relax, otherwise you might get FF burn out. I would have given up on this team long ago. Good luck in your Sky game
Apart from personal pride if you manage to improve the position significantly.

Instant return from the Welsh boys, shame about the keeper. Do you have a plan C for that position?

radfordred
FISOhead

Post by radfordred »

derbynige wrote:commons doing ok for derby :D

:evil:

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

idea wrote:Why waste your time and energy? there is absolutely nothing to gain, relax, otherwise you might get FF burn out. I would have given up on this team long ago. Good luck in your Sky game
This team is in a unique position (certainly by my standards) in terms of the amount of transfers it has remaining at this stage of the season and there's possibly something to be learned by taking a MOTM approach to the final month of a season long competition...

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Bramernic wrote:Instant return from the Welsh boys, shame about the keeper. Do you have a plan C for that position?
I think I'll be bringing in Sheffield Utd's GK (whoever that is :lol: ) as a replacement on Saturday, it makes sense to do so as this team already has two Sheffield Utd defenders (I need to take a sh*t or bust approach with this team) plus Sheffield Utd have a game in hand...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And the play offs.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

blahblah wrote:And the play offs.
Not if they and Birmingham continue in their respective form. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And Cardiff?

And, I think the play off teams will be hoping that Swansea are not one of the four.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Someone's confused here because it's Cardiff that have the game in hand rather than Sheffield United. However, from their last six matches, Birmingham have accumulated 10 points, Cardiff 13 and Sheffield United 16 out of a possible 18. Continuing that form would see Birmingham finish on 82 points, Cardiff rounds to 82 while Sheffield would have 83 or 85. It's going to be mighty close. I think Swansea have blown it in reality.

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Bramernic wrote:Someone's confused here because it's Cardiff that have the game in hand rather than Sheffield United. However, from their last six matches, Birmingham have accumulated 10 points, Cardiff 13 and Sheffield United 16 out of a possible 18. Continuing that form would see Birmingham finish on 82 points, Cardiff rounds to 82 while Sheffield would have 83 or 85. It's going to be mighty close. I think Swansea have blown it in reality.
Because Sheffield Utd play on 20/04/09 I assumed (incorrectly) this was because they had a game in hand, maybe Cardiff's GK would be a better replacement for Taylor?

League has now been updated, this team picked up 46 points from yesterday's games & now resides in 2,490th position...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”