To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How Dodgy is This (Part 2)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

How Dodgy is This (Part 2)

Post by pa102aw »

The Scottish Sun's SPL Fantasy Football Site is still allowing you to make transfers to your team a day after the first games have been played :lol: . Out of pure impudence I just transferred in all of the goal scorers from yesterday plus the best defenders into one of my teams and pressed Confirm. It accepted the changes no problem so I wonder if this team will count. :shock:

Psssst, don't tell anyone. :wink:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: How Dodgy is This (Part 2)

Post by Ashers »

Thought mini leagues only needed 5 teams:

I have this message on SPL today:

* Total Points of the top 10 teams in a Mini League.
Sorry - your Mini League currently doesn't have enough teams in order to participate in the Mini League competition and therefore is not eligible to win any Mini League prizes. In order to participate a minimum of 10 teams is required.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:Thought mini leagues only needed 5 teams:

I have this message on SPL today:

* Total Points of the top 10 teams in a Mini League.
Sorry - your Mini League currently doesn't have enough teams in order to participate in the Mini League competition and therefore is not eligible to win any Mini League prizes. In order to participate a minimum of 10 teams is required.
But I notice that your team is top of the Mini League Table Ashley ? I should be in 3rd or 4th place with my League but it doesn't show up at all. :evil:

Tamzin
Cheetah

Post by Tamzin »

Hey Grumpy Old Mason did you get the extra points after transfer window closed?... I saw that you could still make transfers but gutted I did not especially as I had the same idea as you... you should guarantee the £1K MOTW prize.... :D :D

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Tamzin wrote:Hey Grumpy Old Mason did you get the extra points after transfer window closed?... I saw that you could still make transfers but gutted I did not especially as I had the same idea as you... you should guarantee the £1K MOTW prize.... :D :D
I got the points but I was to stupid to create the perfect team. I forgot to swap McGregor !!

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Are you Chris Henderson then Paw?

Are you in first place?

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

If I was in that game I'd be asking for a full refund cos that is really bad.
This must be the worst year ever for overall poor quality of fantasy football admin.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

So did you get to keep the changes and the points Pa?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

oldbigead wrote:So did you get to keep the changes and the points Pa?
kEEPING SCHTUM SAYS IT ALL. :wink:

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Yes, but I was so stupid I arsed it up. I brought in McGeady, Miller, Kyle, McDonald and McCulloch, but unlike the clever ones I never changed my defenders. The simple reason being I didn't for a minute think that it would be allowed to stand. But obviously the guy in 1st and 3rd place managed to do it better. :evil:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

pa102aw wrote:
Yes, but I was so stupid I arsed it up. I brought in McGeady, Miller, Kyle, McDonald and McCulloch, but unlike the clever ones I never changed my defenders. The simple reason being I didn't for a minute think that it would be allowed to stand. But obviously the guy in 1st and 3rd place managed to do it better. :evil:
You fool PA.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

So what position are you in PA?

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

I played this game for the past 2 years but came to the conclusion it was the most amateurly and ineptly run game out there and I'd never touch it again with a bargepole.

Its clearly run as a token game by the Sun and way down their list of priorities. Half the helpdesk staff don't even realise it exists and most emails about the game came back with a reply that related to the Sun Premier League game.

Last year they did a similar thing in letting anyone who entered a "golden gamble" team for week 2 also managed to score points for week 1 even though the games had already been played. Most worryingly of all is they have no idea this goes on in the game until people playing the game point out the shortfalls, i.e. their internal checks on scores and the validity of the game must be negligible, if they exist at all.

To get his mess sorted, and any more to come this season, you're best best is to contact Dave Watkins at the Sun game as little seems to change until he gets involved.

rossi1903
Kevin and Perry

Post by rossi1903 »

Cheers for advice. Any ideas on the best way to contact David Watkins? Has he got a direct e-mail address at the Sun?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”