To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Sun SPL Fantasy Football 2009/10 Discussion Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

The Sun SPL Fantasy Football 2009/10 Discussion Thread

Post by pa102aw »

The Scottish Sun has launched it's Fantasy Football Game for 2009/10

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/splfantasyfo ... spx?pkg=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be setting up the Fiso Mini League in due Course.

6. Mini Leagues and Private League Bulletin Boards:

Once registered, web entrants may be given the option at no additional charge via the Game Websites to create or join a Game Mini League. The closing date to enter a team into a Mini League is 12:15:01 BST Saturday 12th September 2009. A Mini League may have unlimited teams and to be eligible for a prize, must consist of a minimum of five (5) distinct teams, and must have a minimum of two (2) independent Dream Team account holders (defined as two distinct accounts set up by two distinct users as determined solely by the Promoter) in the Mini League. The creation of or entry to a Mini League is dependent upon successful entry into the main Game. A creator of a Mini League may invite other Game entrants to join that particular Mini League, subject to all Mini League entrants satisfying the Mini League registration and entry requirements. An entrant who has been invited to join a Mini League may only join if they have been invited to do so by the Mini League creator and if they are in possession of a valid Mini League pin and password. All Mini League entrants will be bound by the Game Terms and Conditions. Only members of a particular Mini League may view the full details of their particular Mini League. Overall performance statistics for each Mini League will be accessible by any Mini League entrant. If an entrant enters more than one team, they may be a member of more than one Mini League, but each team may only be a member of one Mini League. Once a Website entrant has entered a team into a Mini League, that team may not be transferred to any other Mini League.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Re: The Sun SPL Fantasy Football 2009/10 Discussion Thread

Post by bloggie »

'MINI LEAGUE OF THE SEASON
This season, the best performing Mini League will win £2,000!!. The prize goes to the creator of the Mini League which has the highest average score at the end of the Game. The runner-up will receive £500.'
All the other rules look to have gone the way of the English version including the average of all the teams in the ml counting.The monthly has gone down to 1k from 5k due to the addition of a 1k weekly no doubt to attract extra entries for a weekly but the extra entries for a monthly will diminish and a 1k weekly that requires a good amount of luck isn't that attractive though the 15k table topper may cause extra entries.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

This new rule will discourage multi entrants from sticking 100 teams into a mini league if they know that they will be dragged down by teams at the bottom of the league.

I think that the best way forward may be to keep it to 3 players per mini league each putting in 2 teams giving us a mini league of 6 teams. This is what we did with the Scotsman Fantasy Golf Comp where the average of all the players counts. There were about 30 of us so I created 6 leagues of 5 players per league making sure we never duplicated a team. Just about all of our teams are in the Top 20 including the leader.

Anyone any thoughts on this. :|

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Sounds good to me.

When you setting the mini league up?

Will use yours this year, rather than setting my own mini league up.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

There is a major problem with the site at the moment so don't try and register any teams today. I spent an hour at it before phoning up the help desk to ask them what was wrong and got the standard reply to "try again later".

Regarding the Mini League question I think that when I set up the Fiso League it will be restricted to 2 teams per player. This should keep it compact and give us a better chance of winning as they now take into account the average of ALL teams in the league.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Hopefully we can get 15 people with 2 teams each

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:Hopefully we can get 15 people with 2 teams each
30 could be far to many Ashers. :o

calc
FISOhead

Post by calc »

Any ideas why the winning team was 1401 last year but over 1800 the year before? Seems a huge difference with so little players to choose from.

Herc6
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Telegraph December Monthly Winner, SDT WDT Winner x7, Rugby World Cup Predictions Winner. Euro 2012 SDT phase one prize winner x3. Tour De France Weekly Winner, Formula 1 overall winner (Holiday to New York)

Post by Herc6 »

Hey, with regards to the proposed mini league, has it been set up? and if so, would it be possible for me to join?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Herc6 wrote:Hey, with regards to the proposed mini league, has it been set up? and if so, would it be possible for me to join?
Ashers is looking for members on this thread Herc6. mini-league-scottish-spl-t61972.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

I've entered a couple of teams in this ....

Langfield..Hogg...Zaliukas...Kenneth...Diamond...Kingston...McGeady...N'Guemo...Fortune.
McDonald...Aluko.

Second team Brown for McGeady.

If anyone has a similar viewpoint and would like to start a mini league with three or four teams just slightly different, I'd be happy to join them.

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

I didnt find time to enter this last weekend, so was considering a golden gamble entry

Could anyone tell me what points the leader is on after week one? :-)

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

blessedbrian wrote:I didnt find time to enter this last weekend, so was considering a golden gamble entry

Here is the Top 10 BB. The Sun Site is a real mess this year, they still haven't updated it to include the scores from Monday nights game or last nights Celtic v Arsenal Game. On top of all that they left the Transfer Facility open all through Sunday allowing people to change their teams after they knew Saturdays results. :shock:

1 CELTS AT THE BAK Christopher Henderson 82
2 elaine Ronnie McCallum 78
2 BIG HENDOS MONEY BUS Christopher Henderson 78
4 JAMIESWINNINGCOMBO James Birkmyre 76
5 PG9 Paul Gillies 73
6 Charity Bet 2 Sandy Carmichael 71
6 PRIVATE INVESTIGATIO Allan Gillies 71
8 Worcester Sauce William Boyd 70
8 devmain 23 Ian Freeland 70
10 paraletic bhoyz Steven Walters 69

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Plus the cs points for Kilmarnock haven't been given.

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

thanks for your reply pa

thats pretty shocking about the transfers still being open :shock: I think i might keep my cash in my pocket for now if thats the way things have gone

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

I still haven't been given points for half of my team !! McGedy especially is still on Zero. :evil:

GK A McGregor (RAN - £2.0m) 0 0 0
DEF D van Zanten (HIB - £0.5m) 0 0 0
DEF S Dillon (DUU - £1.0m) 0 0 0
DEF M Zaliukas (HEA - £1.0m) 0 0 0
DEF A Webster (DUU - £1.0m) 0 2 2
MID A McGeady (CEL - £3.0m) 0 0 0
MID K Thomson (RAN - £1.5m) 0 0 0
MID L McCulloch (RAN - £1.0m) 4 8 8
STR S McDonald (CEL - £3.5m) 0 0 0
STR M Fortune (CEL - £2.5m) 0 0 0
STR K Miller (RAN - £3.0m) 17 34 34

kennyboy33
Cheetah
FS Record: Winner Daily Record Fantasy Football 2006/07

Post by kennyboy33 »

Dear Member, Thank you for your email to The Sun Premiership Dream Team. We are currently updating the site at the moment and therefore the site is not available. Please try again later. All Scottish points who are showing up as duplicated or wrong will be rectified by this evening. Thank you for your patience. Good luck in the game!

This was the response I got from the Sun when I asked them about there poorly run fantasy football.

I have never seen a fantasy football game run so badly.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

pa102aw wrote:
blessedbrian wrote:I didnt find time to enter this last weekend, so was considering a golden gamble entry

Here is the Top 10 BB. The Sun Site is a real mess this year, they still haven't updated it to include the scores from Monday nights game or last nights Celtic v Arsenal Game. On top of all that they left the Transfer Facility open all through Sunday allowing people to change their teams after they knew Saturdays results. :shock:

1 CELTS AT THE BAK Christopher Henderson 82
2 elaine Ronnie McCallum 78
2 BIG HENDOS MONEY BUS Christopher Henderson 78
4 JAMIESWINNINGCOMBO James Birkmyre 76
5 PG9 Paul Gillies 73
6 Charity Bet 2 Sandy Carmichael 71
6 PRIVATE INVESTIGATIO Allan Gillies 71
8 Worcester Sauce William Boyd 70
8 devmain 23 Ian Freeland 70
10 paraletic bhoyz Steven Walters 69
Something strange here:

Look at the top ten scores now: (How have they gone down)

1 elaine Ronnie McCallum 77
2 BIG HENDOS MONEY BUS Christopher Henderson 69
3 PRIVATE INVESTIGATIO Allan Gillies 66
3 CELTS AT THE BAK Christopher Henderson 66
5 AWAKE THE GIANT Christopher Henderson 62
6 JAMIESWINNINGCOMBO James Birkmyre 61
6 paraletic bhoyz Steven Walters 61
8 walters bhoyz Steven Walters 60
8 the jam michael fyfe 60
8 devmain 24 Ian Freeland 60
11 Dunipace Utopia Allan Gillies 59

kennyboy33
Cheetah

Post by kennyboy33 »

First point I'd like to make is this. The Celtic v Arsenal game has no bearing on the fantasy football whatsoever. This is only the qualifying stages of the competition and as such are not included in the scoring.

Secondly, how many times are the scores going to be updated wrongly. Thats at least 3 times so far and they are still wrong. How hard can it be??

I have also sent them the following email, not that I'm confident of a response, but it had to be said:-

I would appreciate it if someone who is in charge of doing the scoring for the Sun SPL Fantasy Football competition could please reply to this email.

I would like to raise a few points with you.

First of all why is it not possible to update the scores correctly? So far we have had 3 different scores for the first weeks matches and they are still totally WRONG. McGeady has got 0 points, N'Guemo somehow has 7 points and Dundee Utd defenders seem to have points for scoring 7 or more in your ratings but have none for the clean sheet they achieved. These are just a few examples of how inept the scoring is.

Secondly there is £15,000 on offer for the person with the highest weekly total at the end of the season. How likely is this to happen when people have to keep track of their own scores as you are unable to do so. Maybe there are a few teething problems at the start of the season but I and I expect several thousand others like to see how their teams are faring every week and at the moment no-one is able to do this.

I would certainly hope the first weeks points are sorted out soon and the second weeks for that matter.

I hope that you have the decency to show this email to whoever is in charge of running the fantasy football as this will make them aware of the strong feeling that exists from the people who pay good money to enter the competition.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

The Celtic v Arsenal games do count Kenny.

They're not at the Qualifying Round stage anymore, its classed as the Playoff Round and as such DOES count. As do the Hearts games in the UEFA Cup.

Its the same in the English version Arsenals points count as do the teams in the UEFA Cup.

I'll give em until the end of the week until i email about the scores. I'm far more worried about the people who were allowed to change their teams on Sat and Sun of the first weekend thus guaranteeing big points and 11 players who were first choice going forward.

kennyboy33
Cheetah

Post by kennyboy33 »

Glad I never put any Celtic or Hearts defenders in my team if thats the case and hopefully Arsenal hammer them in the next leg for those who do have Celtic defenders.

Anyway the scoring is just a joke. How it can take so long to update the scores correctly is beyond me. As for those who managed to change their teams on the sunday, obviously this shouldn't have happened and hopefully the Sun sorts this out as well, however the best performing team from the first week certainly didn't do so well this week. But as you say its certainly an advantage as they have all the players who will be definite starts and on form in their team.

kennyboy33
Cheetah

Post by kennyboy33 »

Glad to see the scores finally updated. Let battle commence. In the top 100 so not a bad start.

rossi1903
Kevin and Perry

Post by rossi1903 »

Not quite fully accurate yet Kennyboy but I suppose it is a start. I notice McGeady is still on 12 when he should have scored 18 in first game alone (2 goals, star man and 7+ points) so I assume there are at least a few other errors. Still no sign of News of the World Points as far as I can see either.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

And they still allowed transfers after saturdays games had finished.

wouldn't suprise me if a good few of the leaders were up there for this reason.

a few too many killy defenders, kenny millers, kyles and davidsons to be purely coincidence?

getting the scoring 100% right would be a start though.

rossi1903
Kevin and Perry

Post by rossi1903 »

Totally agree Obighead. I assume that they will eventually get the scores right so, although it is rediculous they still aren't correct yet, it wasn't a huge concern.
What I find far more concerning is the failure to close off the transfers until Sunday evening of the first games of the season. I was quite happy with my team I selected at the start which includes top points scorers such as Riordon,Kyle,Mcdonald, Mcgeady, Webster and Weaver but I don't even find myself in the top 1,000. It is clear that I would be much further up the league had people not been able to transfer players in after the first games were played. I've no idea how they are going to sort this one out.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I'm starting to think that they won't sort the scoring out. Not sure they even know that theres a problem.

The scores are all over the place still, not even close to being right.

Pretty likely that all the people who cheated on the first weekend of the season will also get away with it as well. I entered an extra time team and the scores in that are all wrong as well. I've got points for some players from the first weeknd of the season when the team wasn't even entered. The weird thing is that this hasn't happened for all the players.

Very bizarre and really a joke of a contest as it stands at the moment.

Cheating does prosper by the looks of it.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

oldbigead wrote:I'm starting to think that they won't sort the scoring out. Not sure they even know that theres a problem.

The scores are all over the place still, not even close to being right.

Pretty likely that all the people who cheated on the first weekend of the season will also get away with it as well. I entered an extra time team and the scores in that are all wrong as well. I've got points for some players from the first weeknd of the season when the team wasn't even entered. The weird thing is that this hasn't happened for all the players.

Very bizarre and really a joke of a contest as it stands at the moment.

Cheating does prosper by the looks of it.
Cannot beleive SPL is worse than the English version this season.

Tamzin
Cheetah

Post by Tamzin »

Site says they are currently completing essential maintenance hopefully that will sort it.

I totally understand everyone's frustration.. I know some guys spend a lot of money entering these games and the scores keep changing/transfer window staying open. They should offer a full refund.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

All the scores are wrong again now.

Just third round scores.

So i guess they're updating.

Tamzin
Cheetah

Post by Tamzin »

This is really frustrating and it is a poor show from the Sun.

Has anybody that wrote to the Admin team heard back from them?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”