To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Last Year

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Last Year

Post by Ashers »

Last year I paid the person who came last a prize for entering my dream team. With hindsight this was a crap idea, as it meant I had poor teams in my league.

This time round I am going to give the money to the person that comes 2nd.

Details to follow

Mod edit
If/ when you do set up and then promote your mini-league on FISO then please remember to include the warning and advice to read this thread else your post may be edited or removed.
Last edited by Ashers on 31 Jul 2009, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Re: My Mini League 2009 - 2010

Post by grob »

No hindsight needed really, ashers - except on your part, as everyone else saw what a crap idea this was immediately you announced it ! :D

Out of interest, why are you, and so many others for that matter, so keen to set up your own SDT Minileague, when several reputable ones already exist, both here on Fiso and elsewhere ? Are there some "perks" available to those who establish minileagues ?

I'm genuinely curious as to why so many go to such lengths as yourself and many others did last season, to try and persuade fellow Fisoers to join your Minileague :?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Because it is nice to know you have your own mini league. Most of the people are from work and it is good to get a few extra for the competition factor.
Last edited by Ashers on 06 Jul 2009, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

So,no "perks" then.

It still puzzles me why so many Minileagues are set up, the originators of which go to enormous lengths to promote them, incredibly even invading the message boards of rival leagues they join for this purpose, and in at least one case, doing so on the fan's message boards of every Premiership club, if not every other Championship and League club.

It just seems so much effort to go to, simply to make their leagues " more competitive", that I thought there must be some additional incentives for the minileague organisers,but you say not.

I'm assuming that any prize paid to the "Chairman" of a minileague is shared between the members of that ML, as is the case with the Fiso ML,and not retained by the "Chairman".

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

In Ashers defence I think that he appears to be trustworthy. I was wary of him last season as he seemed a bit "over enthusiastic" in promoting his Mini League but he paid up the £100 to the last in the League just as he said he would. I signed up to his League last year with a bit of trepadition, but I would join again this year without any hesitation. The only thing I would ask him to do is clarify how the winnings would be split if we win the League as one of the guys had a load of entries and held about 6 of the top ten spots only to find out that only one of his teams in the Top 10 would qualify for prize money should we have won.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

I only out posts on here and Sun Fantasy Football Dream Team Forum. Would not waste my time putting messages on every club forum. Prizes are split between top ten teams.
Last edited by Ashers on 06 Jul 2009, 21:27, edited 2 times in total.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Thanks for that comment. I am going to pay the top team teams (not players) evenly. But only want 2 teams max from each person.
Last edited by Ashers on 06 Jul 2009, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:
grob wrote:So,no "perks" then.

It still puzzles me why so many Minileagues are set up, the originators of which go to enormous lengths to promote them, incredibly even invading the message boards of rival leagues they join for this purpose, and in at least one case, doing so on the fan's message boards of every Premiership club, if not every other Championship and League club.

It just seems so much effort to go to, simply to make their leagues " more competitive", that I thought there must be some additional incentives for the minileague organisers,but you say not.

I'm assuming that any prize paid to the "Chairman" of a minileague is shared between the members of that ML, as is the case with the Fiso ML,and not retained by the "Chairman".
I only out posts on here and Sun Fantasy Football Dream Team Forum. Would not waste my time putting messages on every club forum. Prizes are split between top ten teams.
That's what I'm getting at Ashers. What if one individual has 5 teams in the Top 10, does he get 50% of the winnings, or just 10% as seemed to be the case last year. ?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

He would get five prizes -50%
Last edited by Ashers on 06 Jul 2009, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

ashers1981 wrote: He would get five prizes -50%
how could that be possible,when you've just said you're going to allow no more than 2 teams per entrant ? :?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

grob wrote:
ashers1981 wrote: He would get five prizes -50%
how could that be possible,when you've just said you're going to allow no more than 2 teams per entrant ? :?
I think he meant if we were playing under last years rules. Now that he has limited it to 2 Teams per player it would mean that if we win the Mini League Prize and my 2 Teams are in the Top 10 I would get a fifth of the spoils. (theoretically of course) :wink:

Don't forget that I will also be running the official Fiso Scottish Sun SPL Mini League again this Season. (if the Sun are still doing it). ?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

I am going to enter
Last edited by Ashers on 06 Jul 2009, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

ashers1981 wrote: I am in
Can I finish that sentence for you,ashers1981 ?

e.g."I am in the bad habit of pressing the "Quote" button instead of the "Reply" button,thereby unnecessarily repeating all the previous posts every time I do so " :wink:

You're not the only one,it has to be said,but you are one of the worst culprits,causing Zimmerman to work overtime editing such posts to delete the unnecessary repetition !

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

I was the winner of the booby prize in Asher's minileague last season and, yes, he did pay up.

But after all the crap I had to go through to get him to honour his debt I will not be participating in his minileague this year and I would advise - as the Forum guidelines on non-FISO minileagues do - that FISO members take caution in entering any minileagues run by individuals you do not personally know.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Thanks for the feedback Grob. Only took me to post over 555 posts before someone said something. Sorry did not even know that was an issue. Will use reply from now on.

Frankie -I did pay and always was going to, just needed to get the money together as I lost my job.
Last edited by Ashers on 06 Jul 2009, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Sorry forgot to say that I am going to ask Admin to take the money upfront this year and then confirm that he has the money. People will then know that the prize money is there.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

ashers1981 wrote:Thanks for the feedback Grob. Only took me to post over 350 items before someone said something. Sorry did not even know that was an issue. Will use reply from now on.
Fair enough; as I said,you're not the only culprit by any means,and we're all usually too polite to say anything,which perpetuates the problem,and often results in threads being choked, as it takes so long to wade through the repetitions of previous posts.

I know it's something Zimmerman is trying to cure, but your point about no one saying anything previously is a valid one. There probably needs to be more emphasis placed on these aspects when people join Fiso.

The use of the reply button is very handy when you are the first to respond to a post.
However,if other posts have been made in between,then using the "quote" button is legitimate,though you can still "edit" your "quote" when previewing before submitting it, as I've just done in responding to your post.

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

Couldn't agree more Grob. Its not particularly difficult to grasp editing within the quote system and use it correctly, but to some people its as hard as brain surgery! :lol:

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Speaking as a Sun mod that assists Zim in keeping a lid on this, i will pre-warn any perspective ML promoters that we will be rigourously checking the credentials of all new chairmen. The following will be added to each promotion........

Warning - before joining this mini-league please read the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will then try our best to remove / delete any promotions that don't abide by these rules.

We will also endeavour to make sure one promotional thread per person is allowed. You can 'bump' your own thread should you wish.

Ashers, you have only been with FISO for a year, so expect users to dig into your credentials slightly, especially when the onion bag, the Fiso league and ricks league are already the 3 main established FISO run leagues.

I am not in any way advising posters against joining your league, i am mearly pointing out the difficulties new chairmen face this summer.

All the best with your league.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

To be fair this post is on the Scottish Sun's SPL Thread where the Onion Bag, Rick and the Main Fiso League don't operate. The only other opposition to Ashers SPL Mini League is the Fiso SPL League run by yours truly. It's a bit of quid pro quo, he joins ours and I join his. :D

As I mentioned earlier I kept a close Mod eye on his thread last season, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt as he was new to the Forum at the time. I trust and hope that he will have learned a bit about Forum etiquette over the past year. :wink:

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

I'd say enter at your own risk.

I honestly don't mean any offense and am just giving my personal opinion as i wouldn't want any other FISO members getting screwed over.

I personally wouldn't 100% trust that Ashers would pay up if his league won a MAJOR prize.

He went out of his way last year to give the imprssion that he wouldn't pay up the 100 quid he'd promised and only finally did it after a lot of hassle.

I'm very sorry that he lost his job but that to me would be another red flag when analysing a Chairmans likleyhood to play.

For me he's not trustworthy. I'm sorry if that offends but don't want people getting done when it comes to receivig winnings.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

oldbigead wrote:I'd say enter at your own risk.

I honestly don't mean any offense and am just giving my personal opinion as i wouldn't want any other FISO members getting screwed over.

I personally wouldn't 100% trust that Ashers would pay up if his league won a MAJOR prize.

He went out of his way last year to give the imprssion that he wouldn't pay up the 100 quid he'd promised and only finally did it after a lot of hassle.

I'm very sorry that he lost his job but that to me would be another red flag when analysing a Chairmans likleyhood to play.

For me he's not trustworthy. I'm sorry if that offends but don't want people getting done when it comes to receivig winnings.
Yes I have pressed the quote button. The issue with the £100 was that one person decided to enter over 32 teams in the mini league and made it invalid. Yes this did annoy me and I did say that this made the prize invalid. But after your feedback, I still went with the prize even though the mini league had no chance of winning anything.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”