To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anyone enter a golden gamble team in Scottish Sun game?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Anyone enter a golden gamble team in Scottish Sun game?

Post by FrankieFrog »

If you entered golden gamble teams in the first weeks of the competition have you been given points for the first set of games even though you're teams weren't entered then?

Still trying to get them to coff up on the August Manager of the Month prize - now got a verbal agreement from one of the execs that there is a prize but to my horror the top 3 of the game has changed dramatically and I'm now 16 points off the lead in 4th despite no changes in player scores, and 3 teams appearing that were nowhere near the monthly leaders before.

Pretty sure that teams entered after first kick-off on August 9th have been given points for that week, and trying to find out if any teams entered throughout the first golden gamble week (or even second week!) have been awarded points for games they are not entitled to. Probably another cock-up connected to them running 2 games (Sun/Scottish Sun) with different rules and which started on different dates.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Anyone enter a golden gamble team in Scottish Sun game?

Post by Rick »

I only entered 4 GG teams in this, and they have suddenly shot up the league. I checked and they ahve indeed been given points as if they were entered from the start :roll: . Major cock up from the Scottish version. Hopefully it will all be sorted out soon for you Neil. I will contact them about this later when I have a bit more time.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Cheers Rich, suspected as much.

Of course, it doesn't just affect August's table, it naturally affects the overall league as well.

As well as bringing their game into disrepute through this, there is still no sign of the free teams advertised at the start of the season.

Very much like Fanball, a couple of seasons ago, it seems this is a game that is being given minimum attention once it is clear it is being run at a big loss, with little thought or care for those who have paid their money in good faith to play it.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

I just checked my Golden Gamble teams and they seem OK. I entered them on 11th September and the first points added are from the games starting 13th September. Perhaps they have rectified it. :?

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Seems to be a problem for teams entered in August. Defintely for teams entered before the 2nd weekend, not sure about teams entered before weeks 3 and 4.

The minileague table has changed dramatically over the last few days too.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Just looked again and there does appear to be something strange going on. The FISO Mini League has dropped from 6th to 16th place in a matter of days in the Season Table, and to 38th in the Monthly Table. ??

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Found a snapshot I took of the league after the last games in August and compared it to what is currently being shown as the top 100 at the end of August.

71 of the top 100 shown now were NOT in the original top 100. 2 of them were definitely entered after the first weekend - because I entered them. Along with Rich's admission that his golden gamble teams have been given points scored before he entered the game, then this is a major mess and makes it hard to trust future leader boards in the game.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

FrankieFrog wrote:Found a snapshot I took of the league after the last games in August and compared it to what is currently being shown as the top 100 at the end of August.

71 of the top 100 shown now were NOT in the original top 100. 2 of them were definitely entered after the first weekend - because I entered them. Along with Rich's admission that his golden gamble teams have been given points scored before he entered the game, then this is a major mess and makes it hard to trust future leader boards in the game.
Did you Email this to them,? If not, you should.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Yep, emailed and spoken to them. No guarantees that anything would be changed, just that it would be looked at.

"One week late" "One week late 4" and "Another late one" all appear in the current top 100 given for August, whereas they didn't appear before. Not sure how much more obvious their error could be to them.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

To their credit Scottish Sun have just rung me to confirm that a script error was introduced in all score updates since Wednesday. This should be rectified in Sunday night's update and from that all season scores should be correct and they can begin to confirm monthly and weekly prizes won so far.

Let's hope all is correct on Monday.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Quelle surprise - it's still wrong.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

They have done something, the score is now correct on my team page, but incorrect when you look at the leagues or mini leagues. Pretty hopeless really :roll: .

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Good spot Rich.

One of my late teams now - correctly - shows 113 points on its teams page, 196 on the overall leaderboard, and 145 points on the August table.

Not sure how you can get tables to show different points to your team scores - but they've managed it!

kennyboy31

Post by kennyboy31 »

HOW DO YOU ENTER THE GOLDEN GAMBLE TEAMS????
WERE YOU EMAILED A PROMOTIONAL CODE TO USE???

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

kennyboy31 wrote:HOW DO YOU ENTER THE GOLDEN GAMBLE TEAMS????
WERE YOU EMAILED A PROMOTIONAL CODE TO USE???
you can enter teams at any time during the course of the season.they start scoring on a saturday.
march motm comp starts this saturday 7th.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”