To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Free Monthly teams????

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Free Monthly teams????

Post by oldbigead »

Has anyone else got the prmotional codes to enter any of their free teams yet?

I'm sure it said on the website that the codes would be sent straight after the season started (Aug 9th).

I wanted to enter 5 golden gamble teams but can't as i haven't got the codes. Not much point offering free teams if i can't get access to them when i want.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Re: Free Monthly teams????

Post by thespecialone »

im thinking their not going to be available until before the september comp 13th.after all their monthly credits and not golden gamble ones.
all the sun monthly comps start on the first saturday of each month now rather than a midweek if it occurs.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

the annoying thing is that that is not what they suggested in the terms and conditions.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Infact it specifically syates in their terms and conditions that the free monthly teams would be available for entry any time after Aug 9th.

If i can't use them as and when i like as stated on their website i think i'll ask for my money back.

I've paid for something that i'm not getting.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

still no sign of credits then.i emailed them a couple of days ago.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

I emailed the question to them last week but their reply referred only to free entries to the sun weekend game. I have written back again pointing out that the SPL is supposedly a different game but have not yet had a response.

The terms and conditions state

Pre-season Premium Packages:

When purchasing a SPL Dream Team during the pre-season registration period, entrants have the option to purchase either a £10 package (package 1) or £25 package (package 2). Package 1 includes 2 team entries into the Game to be made at time of purchase, plus 2 additional team entries which may be used to add up to 2 further teams at any time from 12:15:00 BST Saturday 9 August 2008 to 12:00:00 BST Saturday 23 May 2009. Package 2 includes 5 teams entries into the Game to be made at time of purchase, plus 5 additional team entries which may be used to add up to 5 further teams at any time from 12:15:00 BST Saturday 9 August 2008 to 12:00:00 BST Saturday 23 May 2009. Additional team entries start scoring from 12:00 BST/GMT on the first Saturday following successful submission of a valid team and will continue to score throughout the remaining period of the Game. Entrants will be sent an email containing a promotional code which will allow redemption of the additional teams. All 2 or 5 additional teams (as applicable) must be entered at the same time, failure to do so will result in outstanding additional teams entries being forfeited

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

dead parrot wrote:I emailed the question to them last week but their reply referred only to free entries to the sun weekend game. I have written back again pointing out that the SPL is supposedly a different game but have not yet had a response.

The terms and conditions state

Pre-season Premium Packages:

When purchasing a SPL Dream Team during the pre-season registration period, entrants have the option to purchase either a £10 package (package 1) or £25 package (package 2). Package 1 includes 2 team entries into the Game to be made at time of purchase, plus 2 additional team entries which may be used to add up to 2 further teams at any time from 12:15:00 BST Saturday 9 August 2008 to 12:00:00 BST Saturday 23 May 2009. Package 2 includes 5 teams entries into the Game to be made at time of purchase, plus 5 additional team entries which may be used to add up to 5 further teams at any time from 12:15:00 BST Saturday 9 August 2008 to 12:00:00 BST Saturday 23 May 2009. Additional team entries start scoring from 12:00 BST/GMT on the first Saturday following successful submission of a valid team and will continue to score throughout the remaining period of the Game. Entrants will be sent an email containing a promotional code which will allow redemption of the additional teams. All 2 or 5 additional teams (as applicable) must be entered at the same time, failure to do so will result in outstanding additional teams entries being forfeited
me too.the weekend reply :shock: if they dont reply again i will phone them :roll:

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Partially helpful reply received.
Perhaps I should suggest they read their own terms and conditions

Dear Graham,

Sorry for the confusion. The monthly dream team will be starting mid September as well, after the international break. We will be in contact regarding this.

Regards,

Toby Newton
Fantasy Games Executive
News Group Newspapers

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Looks like this game is one big cock-up this season as they are claiming there is no August Manager of the Month prize, and as far as the free entries go:

"In regards to the free promotional codes, these will be sent out in a few weeks so that they can be used in time from Octobers manager of the month onwards."

Both are clear examples of false advertising from the game, and in the case of the former I intend to pursue on a legal basis.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

FrankieFrog wrote:Looks like this game is one big cock-up this season as they are claiming there is no August Manager of the Month prize, and as far as the free entries go:

"In regards to the free promotional codes, these will be sent out in a few weeks so that they can be used in time from Octobers manager of the month onwards."

Both are clear examples of false advertising from the game, and in the case of the former I intend to pursue on a legal basis.
If your intending to use Derek/Mystic/Deauvilles/Tams
monkey-Lawyer then its a monkey son.(£500 SNOTTERS)

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

FrankieFrog wrote:Looks like this game is one big cock-up this season as they are claiming there is no August Manager of the Month prize, and as far as the free entries go:

Cant believe they are trying that one over the MOM prize :roll: It clearly states on their site that there are prizes from Aug-Apr. Good luck sorting them out!

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Surely theyve not got a leg to stand on?

At that point they could turn round at the end of the season and say "end of season prize? what end of season prize?"

cant believe theyre even considering trying to say that theres no Aug prize.

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

terms and conditions state 9 monthly prizes including August

Monthly Prizes:

There will be nine monthly prizes awarded. The monthly competitions cover all Eligible matches played between the first Saturday in a month to the final Eligible match played prior to the start of the next Monthly competition. The first month commences at 12:15 BST Saturday 9 August 2008. The ninth and final month's competition starts at 12:00:00 GMT Saturday 4 April 2009 and ends at 12:00:00 on Saturday 2 May 2009. Each month there will be 2 prizes awarded to validly entered teams as follows: £5,000 to the entrant whose team scores the most points in that month and £250 to the entrant whose team scores the second most points.

killiewillie
Kevin and Perry

Post by killiewillie »

I've received an e-mail telling me the following

As someone who bought a Dream Team Premium Package this year, you can now claim your FREE CREDITS for our great new Weekend Dream Team game.

Just head to the website, use your normal Dream Team account log in and you'll find your free credits waiting for you in your Weekend Dream Team account.

I've used the link to the weekend website & it doesn't recognise my log in details.

Anyone else the same??

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

I received the Email on Monday and accessed it via the link on the Email and entered my team no problem. The only surprise was that I was expecting it to be an SPL weekend dream team selection and not an English Premier League line up. !!!

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

dead parrot wrote:Partially helpful reply received.

Dear Graham,

Sorry for the confusion. The monthly dream team will be starting mid September as well, after the international break. We will be in contact regarding this.

Regards,

Toby Newton
Fantasy Games Executive
News Group Newspapers
Tried to get update as September internationalbreak has come and gone. I tried ringing Toby Newton today but was told he no longer works there. His replacement, David Watkins, was unable to say when the free teams would be available but consulted someone. He then said the 'technical guy' who knows wasn't available but he (DW) would ring back when he had confirmed the exact date.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

dead parrot wrote:
dead parrot wrote:Partially helpful reply received.

Dear Graham,

Regards,

Toby Newton
Fantasy Games Executive
News Group Newspapers
Tried to get update as September internationalbreak has come and gone. I tried ringing Toby Newton today but was told he no longer works there. His replacement, David Watkins, was unable to say when the free teams would be available but consulted someone. He then said the 'technical guy' who knows wasn't available but he (DW) would ring back when he had confirmed the exact date.
Wotashambles. !!!!

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

no call back received but free team credits are now available on the website if you look carefully

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”