To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

My Scottish Mini League

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: My Scottish Mini League

Post by Ashers »

Mini League is now 1st in the League

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Looks like it is going to be a great season

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

ashers1981 wrote:Looks like it is going to be a great season
The deadline for minileagues hasn't closed yet. Look out for the Croatians :twisted:

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

bloggie wrote:The end-of-Game Mini League prize of £2,000 will be awarded to the creator of the Mini League whose total score of the top ten highest scoring teams in that Mini League is the highest at the end of the Game. A Mini League must comprise a minimum of five teams to qualify for a prize. Where a Mini League entry of just ten teams has been identified by the promoter as having substantially identical teams or having been substantially been submitted by the same entrant, the Mini League may be invalidated for a prize. An assessment will be made by the promoter and all factors taken into consideration. The promoters decision will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into once the decision has been confirmed. The creator of the highest-scoring Mini League will receive £2,000, if two or more teams share the prize, the prize pool will be shared equally between the tied teams.
Is the five a typo or does it mean 5 different entrants not teams?
Neither.
Your minileague can be valid with only 5 teams but as the top 10 are summed for the minileague score, a league with only 5 teams in would have minimal chance

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Mine has over 55 teams.

PM me if you want to join the 1st place league

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

ashers1981 wrote:Mine has over 55 teams.

PM me if you want to join the 1st place league
The Croatian(s) can probably add a 0 to the end of your 55 teams, and currently have 10 teams in top 75 giving a current score of 1399 compared to your 1155.

And on the Sun's discussion boards your minileague is still advertised as "All prizes will be shared between everyone in the league". Not going to spread very far, especially if you get more teams in. And, like on FISO, no point trying to change that ruling as not very fair (or legal, as I'm sure your Dad will confirm) on those who joined up believing you would honour it.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

And don't forget the 100 pounds that you're paying out your own pocket to the team that finishes last.

No problem with this now that its not an average of all the teams. This realy will be a fun and friendly league when i get 100 quid for doing nowt.

Have you sent the cheque to Chris yet? :roll: .

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

who are the crots? Can I join

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Looks like i won't be winning the 100 quid for last place.

I see you put a team in to try and cover yourself.

Seems like you didn't do the best job so far.

I'd say Neil was odds on for the 100 quid.

Looks like you'll be 100 quid out of pocket.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

oldbigead wrote:Looks like i won't be winning the 100 quid for last place.

That is ok as my mini league is to again -

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

So what are you suggesting?

That if you don't win then you won't be paying what you promised?

Schlock
Dumbledore

Post by Schlock »

ashers1981 wrote:

That is ok as my mini league is to again -
what does that mean?
Your talking in riddles Son, sort yourself out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Schlock wrote:
ashers1981 wrote:

That is ok as my mini league is top again -
what does that mean?
Your talking in riddles Son, sort yourself out :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is ok as my mini league is top again

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

oldbigead wrote:So what are you suggesting?

That if you don't win then you won't be paying what you promised?
I never said that - But I am just glad that my mini league is valid as no one has more than 50% of the teams.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

But you are going to honour your £100 for last place - aren't you? Whether the minileague wins or not.

You can say that - so why don't you?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Last edited by Ashers on 29 Jun 2009, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Fair enough. Good luck in the bottom of the table battle.

Still can't see a league where one person occupies 8 of the top 10 spots being classed as valid, but the Sun seem to be giving this game little attention or thought so it might yet sneak through.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

This Mini League is beginning to fascinate me Ashley. If you do win it, and the Sun does in fact declare it to be a valid league then the £2000 first prize will be divided between the 62 members = £32.25 each, except for Brian McCluskey who will claim £967 as he has 30 of the 62 teams. You yourself have entered 4 teams at a cost of £10 I think, so that means that your share will be £130, minus £100 if you don't finish bottom. That will leave you with a gross profit of £20 which is £12.25 less than anyone else in the Mini League with just one entry (me for instance) :D (Even the team that finishes bottom will walk away with at least £132.25)

The proof of the pudding will come during the Transfer Window where you can only hope that Brian MccLuskey has pre-paid transfers, because if he has'nt I wonder if he would be prepared to throw more money at his teams in the knowledge that the League may be ultimately disqualified. :?

Ps. I still think that the Fiso Mini League will win the prize, (cream always rises to the top) :wink:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

pa102aw wrote:This Mini League is beginning to fascinate me Ashley. If you do win it, and the Sun does in fact declare it to be a valid league then the £2000 first prize will be divided between the 62 members = £32.25 each, except for Brian McCluskey who will claim £967 as he has 30 of the 62 teams. You yourself have entered 4 teams at a cost of £10 I think, so that means that your share will be £130, minus £100 if you don't finish bottom. That will leave you with a gross profit of £20 which is £12.25 less than anyone else in the Mini League with just one entry (me for instance) :D (Even the team that finishes bottom will walk away with at least £132.25)

The proof of the pudding will come during the Transfer Window where you can only hope that Brian MccLuskey has pre-paid transfers, because if he has'nt I wonder if he would be prepared to throw more money at his teams in the knowledge that the League may be ultimately disqualified. :?

Ps. I still think that the Fiso Mini League will win the prize, (cream always rises to the top) :wink:

League is valid as Mccluskey teams has less than 50% of the total teams. I have checked this with the Sun. If he does finish in the top ten spots he will still count as it is how many teams there are in total

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

ashers1981 wrote:
pa102aw wrote:This Mini League is beginning to fascinate me Ashley. If you do win it, and the Sun does in fact declare it to be a valid league then the £2000 first prize will be divided between the 62 members = £32.25 each, except for Brian McCluskey who will claim £967 as he has 30 of the 62 teams. You yourself have entered 4 teams at a cost of £10 I think, so that means that your share will be £130, minus £100 if you don't finish bottom. That will leave you with a gross profit of £20 which is £12.25 less than anyone else in the Mini League with just one entry (me for instance) :D (Even the team that finishes bottom will walk away with at least £132.25)

League is valid as Mccluskey teams has less than 50% of the total teams. I have checked this with the Sun. If he does finish in the top ten spots he will still count as it is how many teams there are in total
Plus my first thread clearly states that the prize will be split between top ten players

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

ashers1981 wrote:Why not join my Scottish mini League.

All prizes will be shared between top 10 players and I will give everyone my address so that you can claim your winnings if needed.

Pin 100153
Password - scotland

Before anyone decides to join this Mini League please note that it is probably ineligible should it finish in the prize money.

See also warning at:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See my orginal thread - Top 10 players. Poor Mr. M as it does not say top 10 teams.

So as it stands at the moment the top 10 players are:

Brian Mccluskey
Brian Hall
Duncan Hoyle
Scott Welsh
Andrew Stewart
William Boyd
marian malcolm
John Morrison
Liam Mannion
curtis moore

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

[/quote] League is valid as Mccluskey teams has less than 50% of the total teams. I have checked this with the Sun. If he does finish in the top ten spots he will still count as it is how many teams there are in total[/quote]

I would like to see a copy of the Sun's response to you Ashley because in their Terms & Conditions it mentions nothing about 50% of anything. What it does say is this: In order to qualify for any Mini League prize a Mini League must comprise of a minimum of ten teams. Where a Mini League entry has been identified by the Promoter as having substantially identical teams or having been substantially been submitted by the same entrant or group of entrants, the Mini League may be invalidated for any prize'

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Last edited by oldbigead on 26 Sep 2008, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

PS i'd say that your wording is very deliberately misleading.

I doubt Mr McClusky thought that hes only get a 1/10th share if he won the mini prize for you singlehandedly.

PS can you send me your address as promised.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Thanks to the Scottish Sun giving points to peopled who entered by golden gamble in August for games already played before they entered, the minileague is now a distant 2nd.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Looks like your (our) Mini League has lost too much ground on the leaders now Ashers and our chances of winning are looking slim to say the least. To compound matters for you it looks like Neil has the £100 Booby Prize prety much sewn up. :(

57 FootballInTheClouds Richard Closs Inverness CT 250
58 team 25 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 245
59 MGM3 Neil Carrington Dundee United 198
60 Minus Points Ashley Bloodworth Celtic 27
61 Booby Prize2 Neil Carrington Aberdeen 0
62 Booby Prize Neil Carrington Aberdeen -5

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

But does anyone really believe that Ashers will ever pay it out?

This may prove to be a good example of being careful when joining just any old mini league.

Stick to the tried and trusted.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

oldbigead wrote:But does anyone really believe that Ashers will ever pay it out?

This may prove to be a good example of being careful when joining just any old mini league.

Stick to the tried and trusted.
Don't worry OBH, I'll be keeping a close eye on this one, but I believe that Ashers is a man of his word. If however he goes back on his promise ......................

Hilltop Master
Cheetah

Post by Hilltop Master »

Looks to me, like he has disappeared of the face of Fiso Football.

Like most people, enters for a mini league and never seen them again.

By the way I am new to FISO, been viewing FISO for over 2 years, but only just decided to join.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Last edited by Ashers on 29 Jun 2009, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”