To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Season 2007-2008 announced already

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by the Channel 4 website. Ceased June 2009.
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Season 2007-2008 announced already

Post by quizking »

just had an email noting that registration opens july 9th, and overall prize will be a trip to L.A. to see beckham play for that soccerball team. would have preferred a trip to buenos aires or rio meself, but there you go. check your inboxes - it was just an end of season round-up type missive.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

game now live - same address, prize trip to L.A. monthly prizes trip to premiership game (prizes were european trips last year). No need to re-register - i just put my usual email etc in and went stright to the team select option. player list will i assume be same as for the OFL game (except values may all go down or up 0.5) and for other games that they end up running eg mail and metro last term.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

No Tevez.Interesting. :)

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

just checked with OFL - that site now live as well, player prices identical this year. easier to use OFL player list in fact, as that can be sorted by value.

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

C.Sativa wrote:No Tevez.Interesting. :)
There wont be any Tevez all week....

They may sit down and make a decision at the end of the week and add him then but for the moment (for the good of the game) they will not be adding him to the player list.

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

For what it's worth, these are his details currently:

Carlos Tevez, Striker, West Ham, £6.6m

Price is unlikely to change, even if club does...

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Where did you get that from Sam?

Hes not on the OFL list and i have an email from them telling me theyre holding him back to see if the transfer does go through and if it does he will be priced accordingly...

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

Hunch led to some detective work. On basis that player code rarely changes on OFL from year to year, used Tevez's ID last season, 662, to get info (as posted in previous thread).

To check Tevez data for yourself, click on: http://classic.fantasyleague.com/Stat/P ... ?parId=662

As a cross-check, Dean Ashton's stats are under 692 suffix:
http://classic.fantasyleague.com/Stat/P ... ?parId=692

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Good detective work, i like it :D

The only drawback being that they will increase the price if the move goes ahead before the end of the week.. :cry:

Marching On Together
FISOhead
FS Record: Owner of a TFF Super League Champions medal 09/10

Post by Marching On Together »

No Da Silva either :!:

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

Tevez gone into OFL as WHU at 7.2m :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

'The new season is looming large on the horizon and we've opened registration for Channel 4 Fantasy Football Monthly 2007/08 early to give you plenty of time to choose your Fantasy XI! So let the selection dilemmas begin...

The first Game Month will kick off with the first match of the new season on 11 August. If you sign up before the then, your name will go into the hat to win a top-of-the-range laptop and printer!

Plus if you win the Best 3 Months prize, you'll be jetting off for a holiday in Los Angeles to watch David Beckham and to bask in the Californian sunshine. And don't forget that if you're a monthly winner, we'll whisk you off to a Premiership fixture of your choice*.

We've been working on many of your suggestions over the summer to make the game bigger and better and have some great new features in store for the new season, including a Game Month score archive, the ability to join multiple Friends Leagues and loads more player stats!

With unlimited transfers available before the season starts, there's no reason to hang about - register today!

Good luck!

Channel 4 Fantasy Football Monthly
www.channel4.com/fantasyfootball

* subject to availability. '

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

About how many people played this game last season ??

And did FISO members get anywhere ?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Seem to remember they had less publicity last year - always used to start a bit later than the other comps anyway - and only had around 60,000 entries as compared to 90,000 the year before. (those figures are only very rough guesstimates, going from position of whoever was bottom of the fiso league). Note that they've changed to 9 game months this year, best 3 scores count. Like the new graphics - hope that also means less downtime and issues with trying to make transfers at the last minute. Didn't recognize name of last year's winner - and though i'm flattered to be mentioned as a "big hitter", despite having been in the lead at new year a couple of years ago and was looking forward to a freebie to rio di janeiro, couldn't even manage a top ten finish in the end so hardly think i'd count on this one. Will be trying harder this year despite not having L.A. in my favourite cities list (I hate the place, but new girlfriend might like it, who knows, might even be a mrs. quiz so i'd better be on best behaviour).

You'd never guess that a new bottle of rum had been opened.....

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

Have been running separate SL with mates since 1990s.
Last season, own C4 team finished 77th with 253 points, 40 behind the best of more than 70,000 teams.
For info, in 2005-06, the inaugural C4 year, 113,000 sides took part.
Previously, the BBC fronted this with OFL's help and attracted 200,000+ contestants annually.
Last edited by SamD on 11 Jul 2007, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

I'm trying to register but have to validate my team :?

jimbobitaliano
Cheetah

Post by jimbobitaliano »

You should receive a link in an email shortly after registering which will validate. If you fail to receive this email, you can send an email to channel4premactivations@fantasyleague.com and the system will automatically validate your team (assuming of course you sent the email from the correct address).

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

jimbobitaliano wrote:You should receive a link in an email shortly after registering which will validate. If you fail to receive this email, you can send an email to channel4premactivations@fantasyleague.com and the system will automatically validate your team (assuming of course you sent the email from the correct address).
Yeah, unfortunately I cannot access webmail from my place of employment :( Have to wait unti lthis evening.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Channel 4 FF Monthly (Ceased)”