To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

BFF mistake log

A Fantasy Football forum for news on British Fantasy Football.
Rick
Grumpy Old Man

BFF mistake log

Post by Rick »

One of the best things about the British Fantasy Football is the fast updates, they have updated already. Trouble is, this does lead to errors, which are normally corrected at a later date. Normally I just make a mental note of them and hope they get sorted later but sometimes you forget all about it and you are puzzled by where some points have come from (or gone) when they make the correction.

I thought it might be a good idea to log any obvious mistakes you spot viewing the matches. That way we can cross them off as they are corrected.

Celtic v Kilmarnock I'm pretty sure it was McGeady who had the miss-hit shot at goal, which went straight to Zuwaski to score his second, and not Riorden. I will double check later when i see the highlights though just to make sure.

Fozzy
Treebeard

Post by Fozzy »

Latapy got 3 pts (appearance + assist). Reports seem to point that he got an assist for the 2nd goal ... but that he also scored the 1st one. Has he not been awarded the 1st goal then? If so, then it's 6pts not 3. As far as I'm aware, he was not booked. :?

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Also noticed that they gave both St Mirren goals to John Sutton, when he only got one.

The first goal was actually scored by Stewart Kean.

As for Celtics last goal although i've not seen it, the Celtic website does say that it WAS Riordan who put in the cross.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

:lol:

Excellent idea.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

If people keep entering poorly run games, they deserve all they get, in terms of hassle, poor scoring, prize delivery failure etc. All fantasy managers should avoid such games. For example avoid BFF until Knotty is treated fairly.

Its not as though new games will not replace games which fall by the wayside. This year for starters there are new free games with good prizes from the Daily Mail and Metro which look as though they will be well run.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

After watching all the goals last night I can confirm it was Mcgeady who had the scuffed shot which went straight to Zurwaski for the final goal in the Celtic game so Riorden (who made the cross to McGeady) should lose that assist in time and McGeady should gain one.

Latapy should have had 6pts from the Dundee utd v Falkirk game, and not the 3 pts he has been given. As was pointed out by Fozzy he scored and assited and wasn't booked. Edit : Corrected

Not sure about the Sutton / Keane first goal in the Inverness v St Mirren game it wasn't clear from what I saw. So guess that will go with the official verdict whichever way it goes. For the record it has been given to Sutton (7pts in total) but it won't be a big surprise if its subsequently given to Keane. Edit Corrected : First goal given to Keane, Sutton downgraded to one goal

Also in the Dunfirmline v Hearts game the Dunfirmline goal looked like it was a comical own goal (the guy standing on the line scooping it over his own head and into the top of the net), so Simmonds could lose that as could Muirhead the assist, although can't see either of those being that popular.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Rick wrote:After watching all the goals last night I can confirm it was Mcgeady who had the scuffed shot which went straight to Zurwaski for the final goal in the Celtic game so Riorden (who made the cross to McGeady) should lose that assist in time and McGeady should gain one. Edit : part corrected Riorden corectly stripped of assist, but so far (5/8/6) it's not been given to McGeady.

Latapy should have had 6pts from the Dundee utd v Falkirk game, and not the 3 pts he has been given. As was pointed out by Fozzy he scored and assited and wasn't booked. Edit : Corrected

Not sure about the Sutton / Keane first goal in the Inverness v St Mirren game it wasn't clear from what I saw. So guess that will go with the official verdict whichever way it goes. For the record it has been given to Sutton (7pts in total) but it won't be a big surprise if its subsequently given to Keane. Edit Corrected : First goal given to Keane, Sutton downgraded to one goal

Also in the Dunfirmline v Hearts game the Dunfirmline goal looked like it was a comical own goal (the guy standing on the line scooping it over his own head and into the top of the net), so Simmonds could lose that as could Muirhead the assist, although can't see either of those being that popular.

Latic
FISO Knight

Post by Latic »

Rick wrote:
Rick wrote:After watching all the goals last night I can confirm it was Mcgeady who had the scuffed shot which went straight to Zurwaski for the final goal in the Celtic game so Riorden (who made the cross to McGeady) should lose that assist in time and McGeady should gain one. Edit : CORRECTED.

mmcmahon
Cheetah

Post by mmcmahon »

Transfer Cock Up -

I've got five 5 teams entered and bought the 100 extra transfers when I signed up.

However I am not able to mak more than 4 rransfers for any teams. Must be using the same validation code from last year. For teams in which I have made 4 transfers it still says I have 2 extra ones still to use even though this should be 1. Then when I try to make one I get the message saying I've used my maximum amount this month.

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

This week in the Falkirk v Dunfirmline game Latapy took the corner straight on to Barr's head for the goal, but wasn't given the assist, thats the second mistake in two weeks involving Latapy. It's not like he's hard to spot either :roll: :lol: .

Also there may be some doubt about Sutton's goal this week (in the St Mirren v Motherwell game) as well. As far as I could see from the replay (I put it on super slow) Sutton didnt touch it, but the defender did twice. For some reason the guys on Setanta sports are still giving Keane's goal last week to him and want to count this one as well ('he deserves it even if he didnt touch it' they said :shock: ) . Maybe one of them has got a bet on for Sutton to be top scorer :lol: .

Not really been through all the decisions with a fine tooth comb, but those two stood out like a sore thumb, so there could be more feel free to add them if you spot any.

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

mmcmahon wrote:Transfer Cock Up -

I've got five 5 teams entered and bought the 100 extra transfers when I signed up.

However I am not able to mak more than 4 rransfers for any teams. Must be using the same validation code from last year. For teams in which I have made 4 transfers it still says I have 2 extra ones still to use even though this should be 1. Then when I try to make one I get the message saying I've used my maximum amount this month.
Thats worrying, I havent got anywhere near trying to use my 5th yet in any team but will eventually or course as will us all. Have you e-mailed them ?

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

Glasgowlatic wrote:
Rick wrote:
Rick wrote:After watching all the goals last night I can confirm it was Mcgeady who had the scuffed shot which went straight to Zurwaski for the final goal in the Celtic game so Riorden (who made the cross to McGeady) should lose that assist in time and McGeady should gain one. Edit : CORRECTED.
Its not fully corrected because they havent actually awarded the assist to McGeady even though they say they have on thier corrections page. We will give them a couple of days to sort it out.

Latic
FISO Knight

Post by Latic »

Rich wrote:
Glasgowlatic wrote:
Rick wrote:
Its not fully corrected because they havent actually awarded the assist to McGeady even though they say they have on thier corrections page. We will give them a couple of days to sort it out.
WHHHHOOOPPPS. Sorry.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Rich wrote:This week in the Falkirk v Dunfirmline game Latapy took the corner straight on to Barr's head for the goal, but wasn't given the assist, thats the second mistake in two weeks involving Latapy. It's not like he's hard to spot either :roll: :lol: . Now corrected

Also there may be some doubt about Sutton's goal this week (in the St Mirren v Motherwell game) as well. As far as I could see from the replay (I put it on super slow) Sutton didnt touch it, but the defender did twice. For some reason the guys on Setanta sports are still giving Keane's goal last week to him and want to count this one as well ('he deserves it even if he didnt touch it' they said :shock: ) . Maybe one of them has got a bet on for Sutton to be top scorer :lol: .

Not really been through all the decisions with a fine tooth comb, but those two stood out like a sore thumb, so there could be more feel free to add them if you spot any.
The Latapy assist has now been awarded .

but....

Now they have decided to give Dargo an assist for the Inverness goal (Aberdeen v Inverness) which the keeper just dropped in front of Barry Wilson, Dargo didnt touch the ball.

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

Oh boy, this is going to be a long season!!

Anybody want to hazard a guess at how many posts this thread will have by the end of the season?

Here's my guess:

mmcmahon
Cheetah

Post by mmcmahon »

Rich wrote:
Thats worrying, I havent got anywhere near trying to use my 5th yet in any team but will eventually or course as will us all. Have you e-mailed them ?
Yes, email sent yesterday. No reply yet though.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

glad i stuck to not playing the game run by these chipsticks.

don't like dealing with people i don't trust - comes from betting i guess :wink:

andy.

cerulean

Post by cerulean »

Does anyone know the script with Artur Boruc's opening day booking?
All the reports I have looked at say he was booked and he was originally 'awarded' it but BFF have since taken the yellow card off him.

Cheers.

EDIT: Email sent and now corrected
Last edited by cerulean on 08 Aug 2006, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

very strange. they must've made a mistake. You should email them.

As for the rest of their scoring errors at least theyve cleared them all up pretty quickly. In this sense i've got more confidence so far this year than last.

As for the 4 transfer problem, i've not made any changes yet but i'll certainly be making 5 by the end of the month so i hop ethat they sort it out before it ruins the game again.

joeseppy
Kevin and Perry

Post by joeseppy »

Someone in our super league has used his 5 transfers already :shock: so I don't know what is going on with your problem

mmcmahon
Cheetah

Post by mmcmahon »

No change here, still can't transfer and no reply to my emails yet.

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Noticed that Touzani didnt get an assist for the second Aberdeen goal. His effort was going in when Mackie put it over the line, surely then Touzani set him up.

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

oldbigead wrote:Noticed that Touzani didnt get an assist for the second Aberdeen goal. His effort was going in when Mackie put it over the line, surely then Touzani set him up.
I didnt see the goal but a few of my mates were saying exactly the same

I can see us ending up with some sort of rota here for e-mailing the Herald!!

mmcmahon
Cheetah

Post by mmcmahon »

They seem to have fixed the transfer problem this morning but still haven't replied to my emails. When I emailed them I listed the transfers I wanted to do but couldn't and asked them to manually update (they havn't yet) these transfers would have got me extra points which obviously aren't showing yet. I'll let you know if they fix this.

mmcmahon
Cheetah

Post by mmcmahon »

UPDATE -

Got a reply to my email this morning -

Dear Martin, our tech has fixed this problem. Let us know if you are still experiencing difficulty accessing and using your transfer allocation.

Regards

BFF Gamemaster

However, in my original email (which was sent before the deadline) I listed the transfers I wanted to make but couldn't due to the system problem. They seemed to have ignored this. I now have missing points and the wrong players in two of my teams. The problem they claim to have fixed hasn't been 100% sorted either. Although it appears possible to make transfers now, for teams that I have made 4, I'm still being told I have 2 left to use.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

on the one hand you have my sympathy mcmahon on the other hand anyone who read the BFF threads had a fairly shrewd idea of what they had signed up for :wink:

glad i don't have to bother following the woeful league this year :D

andy

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “British Fantasy Football (Herald) games (Game ceased)”