To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Whats going on with the update?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on British Fantasy Football.
MIMITCH
Cheetah

Post by MIMITCH »

binky wrote:have a look on this site and you`ll find the code updated every week cunningly put under the heading of transfer code :shock:

ive mailed the herald about luke young only getting 4 points v liverpool.

4 = c/s and goal?????????? i thought it would be 7
Honsetly, do you think thats why I might have just joined? Do you think that my tone suggests I was being sarcastic?

No apology required just button it in future. :roll:

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

See they've now updated afterthe Liv/Arse game, but haven't made the changes to the scores for Dudek, Hyypia, carra, Finnan, Young, Bent, Thomas.

Gotta wonder why they can't do this? It can't be that hard.

Wish they'd hurry up. If they sorted it out i might at least get onto the first page of the leaderboard, (even if it is at the bottom of it).

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

Reply from Herald...

Dear Alan,

This will be amended shortly. PA has been notified. Keep an eye on the
Corrections section of the website for the updates confirmation and the
players in question's stats.

Regards

MIMITCH
Cheetah

Post by MIMITCH »

Maloney is due an assist for Lennons goal against Dunfermline sent an email but nothing as yet.

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

Given the problems highlighted on some posts above within this thread , has this now resulted in the final capitulation maybe of the Herald's fantasy football game or is the fact that entry cannot be gained into the site at the moment merely down to maintenance?? We shall see !!!

The fact is that if it is just maintenance then hopefully the site will be accessible during this morning for transfers to be made prior to today's games. I have deliberately kept back a couple for today's games with the Scottish cup leaving only one Scottish League game and it is most frustrating not being able to incorporate these intended changes.

It will be even more annoying and frustrating, however, if the competition has indeed been wound up at this important stage of the season !!!

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Post by thelip »

I've completely given up on this game now and won't be playing it next year.

djm
Kevin and Perry

Post by djm »

giblet wrote:Given the problems highlighted on some posts above within this thread , has this now resulted in the final capitulation maybe of the Herald's fantasy football game or is the fact that entry cannot be gained into the site at the moment merely down to maintenance?? We shall see !!!

The fact is that if it is just maintenance then hopefully the site will be accessible during this morning for transfers to be made prior to today's games. I have deliberately kept back a couple for today's games with the Scottish cup leaving only one Scottish League game and it is most frustrating not being able to incorporate these intended changes.

It will be even more annoying and frustrating, however, if the competition has indeed been wound up at this important stage of the season !!!
You'd better E-mail your transfers to them just to make sure.

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

Iv'e just got on to the Herald site no problem. Are you all using the correct links ? I know they have changed from the ones used last year (although last years may have still worked until recently). You should be using http://www.britishfantasyfootball.com/herald/ . .

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

That's very strange Rich, I have just tried exactly as you suggested and I continued to get a message saying that the site is temporarily offline and would hopefully be back very soon. So what is going on ???

Anyone else having recently got on or still experiencing similar problems to me ??

Achilles
Treebeard

Post by Achilles »

Logged in without any problem

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

How about clearing your cache, might help. It is funny because Andy had the same problem and he said the same thing despite me being able to get on during the same period.

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

Thanks for your suggestions. No matter what I try though I encounter 'SITE TEMPORARILY OFFLINE' with 'site closed for maintenance' in top left hand corner. Not having problems with accessing any other site. Could e-mail transfers but would really have liked to scan the player options and prices before making my choice. No guarantee they would accept the changes by e-mail either. If anyone who can get on to the system or has a copy of the Herald could advise me ASAP the prices of midfielders Hughes (Charlton) and Pennant (Birmingham) and striker Forssell of Birmingham I would be extremely grateful.

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

giblet wrote:Thanks for your suggestions. No matter what I try though I encounter 'SITE TEMPORARILY OFFLINE' with 'site closed for maintenance' in top left hand corner. Not having problems with accessing any other site. Could e-mail transfers but would really have liked to scan the player options and prices before making my choice. No guarantee they would accept the changes by e-mail either. If anyone who can get on to the system or has a copy of the Herald could advise me ASAP the prices of midfielders Hughes (Charlton) and Pennant (Birmingham) and striker Forssell of Birmingham I would be extremely grateful.
Pennant is down as a striker 3m, Forsell 4.5 and Hughes 2.5

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

Thanks for that info Rich. Still having problems when I tried again a couple of minutes ago!!!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

still cant log in rich - i'll ask for my money back and let you know what happens - unlikely i'll ever play this game again - i'm on aol if that helps

andy

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

I've just got home from the Ipswich game and had another fruitless attempt at entering the site. I did e-mail them earlier with my intended transfer but don't know whether they will activate it for me. Interesting to see that your provider is AOL Andy as they are also mine. Maybe there could be some significance in that.

j1mb0b

Post by j1mb0b »

I had a similar problem - Using Firefox everytime i tried to get to the site it said temporarily offline. I used IE and got in, so cleared my cache and pretty juch all else and it worked. Don't know if this helps in anyway....

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

Thanks for the help, I have cleared out my cache as suggested but I am STILL encountering problems accessing the site in the normal matter so something must have changed somewhere as I had no similar problems previously. However, I did manage to get on EVENTUALLY via IE. I then noticed that the Herald had completely ignored the e-mails I sent to them over half an hour prior to the weekend kick-offs in an attempt to utilise my 2 outstanding transfers for February. In the event I don't think this snub has cost me too many points but I have been 'robbed' of the opportunity to perform 2 February transfers as we had entered into a new month before I was able to ascertain that they had NOT activated the transfers that I requested, and of course outstanding transfers for a particular month do not get carried over..

I cannot believe that they could not be more helpful given the circumstances but as it is they haven't even bothered to send me a reply.

I thought they had made it clear in the past that changes could be e-mailed through ( as long as they met deadlines) in the event of there being problems accessing the site but maybe I am getting muddled up with other competitions.

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

Thanks for the help, I have cleared out my cache as suggested but I am STILL encountering problems accessing the site in the normal matter so something must have changed somewhere as I had no similar problems previously. However, I did manage to get on EVENTUALLY via IE. I then noticed that the Herald had completely ignored the e-mails I sent to them over half an hour prior to the weekend kick-offs in an attempt to utilise my 2 outstanding transfers for February. In the event I don't think this snub has cost me too many points but I have been 'robbed' of the opportunity to perform 2 February transfers as we had entered into a new month before I was able to ascertain that they had NOT activated the transfers that I requested, and of course outstanding transfers for a particular month do not get carried over..

I cannot believe that they could not be more helpful given the circumstances but as it is they haven't even bothered to send me a reply.

I thought they had made it clear in the past that changes could be e-mailed through ( as long as they met deadlines) in the event of there being problems accessing the site but maybe I am getting muddled up with other competitions.

Rich
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rich »

I think that has been the case in the past, although I haven't had to use that route since about the 3rd week of the first season they ran the game. Trouble was if i remember rightly it did take them a long time to action the transfers. I would definatly e-mail them again about it.

This whole access problems is really puzzling to me as I'v'e only had a problem once or maybe twice (and i'm pretty sure it was down then) all season, yet several people have had problems, often when I have actually been on the site. For the record i use Firefox too, so it's not that. I'm not on AOL though, so maybe it is something to do with that.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “British Fantasy Football (Herald) games (Game ceased)”